Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Who Still Got Wira 1.8?

• Please log in to reply

ShiftVQV6

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Jul 21 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not interested with SOHC tongue.gif. only DOHC Limited Edition smile_big.gif

what big diff in sohc and dohc in every day normal driving?

4 doors... more power window failure smile_tongue.gif

SplitFire

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Jul 21 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its like driving a 4G15P(Auto) compares to 4G18P(Manual) .Maybe the gap even wider.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

g88

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Jul 21 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kancil vs Kelisa smile_big.gif

mosh

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Jul 21 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kancil vs Kelisa smile_big.gif

yelah.. both car are like same size.. u feel like upgrade 2/10 of the entire feeling.. rolleyes.gif

gon1118

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

gon1118

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Jul 8 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wira 1.8 DOHC Limited Edition was only 2450 units in market, Proton built this premium edition to meet the homologation to meet the World Rally requirement (by Karamjit). The only colour available is Morjaco black. It was released to market between Mid 1995 to 1997 only.

There were another 50 units which is so called RS (Rally Spec) edition that's claim to be much more powerful then the Limited Edition as it has even much unique ECU (Rally setting), the down side for this 50 model was its a stripped down version which has no factory fitted Recaro seat, Momo steering and gear knob, not even power windows. The interior just like a Wira 1.3. They wanted the car to be as 'light' as possible. The unique-ness for this car was it running on a set of ROH sport rim compare to Limited Edition AAC's rim. The only colour available is White

This model majority own buy malay (dunno why) maybe ppl think its a 'cold' market car but i can tell its the most aggressive/powerful stock standard Proton 1.8 engine as the ECU is fully from Mitsubishi with NO speed & rev cut (unlike GSR ECU)

Up to today, estimate 60% (maybe more) of the total 2450 unit is either gone in accidental or being modded to god knows what engine/look...and chances of finding a 90% stock standard model is almost impossible.

This car has a 9K RPM meter + 260KM/H Speedo. Touching 200KM/H is not a big deal....

Upon its discontinuation, Proton 'move' the chasis to Putra, later on to SGTi, 1st batch of Putra in 1997 still carry same spec as Wira 1.8 LE but the down side is its a coupe wink.gif

Hey bro, you've still can count on me, my 1.8 EXi Ltd Edition, yrs end 95' (No speed & rpm cut, 220km/h> anytime..) I don't know how many still out there.. but I'm sure if you see one of this mine its really LIMITED EDITION now..! Still with ori dk grey colour, c/w ori recaro seats front & back (recently reupholstery to RECARO premium black leather, ori full leather MOMO stering & gear knob (which I didn't used) & ori spoiler with fully funtion brakes lights.This machine still kicking hard in perfectly condition with my 17" Work sport rims. The only modification i did was the full set of ezhaust pipe, sport rims, front & rear lamps & audio system. But recently I'm planning get a new paint job & whole new look for it.. Any comment?

It has been more than 5yrs she wif me.. We used to drove 7 of this 1.8EXi Ltd Edition together, so powerful with the manual (Very hard to find this batch anymore) like you said, most of my bro modified it, changed to GSR tubro, accidents, sold it & most of us now uppgrade to D1 machine... only left mine only.. Actually I almost sell it too, but just happen to be we love this babe a lots..

SplitFire

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (gon1118 @ Oct 21 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey bro, you've still can count on me, my 1.8 EXi Ltd Edition, yrs end 95' (No speed & rpm cut, 220km/h> anytime..) I don't know how many still out there.. but I'm sure if you see one of this mine its really LIMITED EDITION now..! Still with ori dk grey colour, c/w ori recaro seats front & back (recently reupholstery to RECARO premium black leather, ori full leather MOMO stering & gear knob (which I didn't used) & ori spoiler with fully funtion brakes lights.This machine still kicking hard in perfectly condition with my 17" Work sport rims. The only modification i did was the full set of ezhaust pipe, sport rims, front & rear lamps & audio system. But recently I'm planning get a new paint job & whole new look for it.. Any comment?

It has been more than 5yrs she wif me.. We used to drove 7 of this 1.8EXi Ltd Edition together, so powerful with the manual (Very hard to find this batch anymore) like you said, most of my bro modified it, changed to GSR tubro, accidents, sold it & most of us now uppgrade to D1 machine... only left mine only.. Actually I almost sell it too, but just happen to be we love this babe a lots..

Yup. How I missed my brother's 1.8L, he should had sold it to me in the late 90's. smile_sad.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

ShiftVQV6

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (gon1118 @ Oct 21 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
c/w ori recaro seats front & back (recently reupholstery to RECARO premium black leather, ori full leather MOMO stering & gear knob (which I didn't used) & ori spoiler with fully funtion brakes lights.

how much u pay for the leather?

so the words "recaro" still there?

Gunnerzz

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Wira 1.8 smile_thumbup.gif
Spoiler tiang gol is its famous trademark.
But to find one that is not being mod is hard,hard,hard lah.
I like it as it is.
Couple years back i do see it frequently on the road but now,soo hard.
Even a Putra oso people buang2 like sampah.
No kidding one,i saw one putra being left to rot at a workshop. smile_disapprove.gif

mosh

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
at setapak here.. at the semarak - setapak back road.. there is some workshop at jln usahawan ?? got a track putra's sGTI's left over there to rot.. smile_sleepy.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Oct 22 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at setapak here.. at the semarak - setapak back road.. there is some workshop at jln usahawan ?? got a track putra's sGTI's left over there to rot.. smile_sleepy.gif

Same here.At Lorong Pandan Melaka got a GTI probably used in drag b4.
Just left infront of the shop.
Like that give to me oso no loss to shop owner.
Why????