Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Shampoo Review

• Please log in to reply

vx55

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
I finally get to test OCWash on my dad's silver metallic Latio. The car returned from a trip to KL (without me tongue.gif), and it was covered with a layer of dust and grime.
For experiment sake, I tried 15ml to 4litres of water and OCWash continues to wash properly. In fact, it is still has good cleaning power plus the water feels conditioned.
The Ulti-mitt glides over the dirty paintwork and cleans it well. The last time I felt such slickness is when I tested Born To Be Mild smile.gif . At this dilution ratio, OCWash may be slicker than Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash&Gloss (CWG) at the same ratio.

I had a sample of the previous version and it probably has slightly more gloss enhancers, but I will have to wait till next day to look at the car under brighter environment. Overall, this new version is better than the older version smile.gif

fishbonez

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:33 AM

fishbonez

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
coooooooooool

so if you had to choose between OCWash and BTBM, which one? tongue.gif

vx55

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (fishbonez @ Jun 17 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coooooooooool

so if you had to choose between OCWash and BTBM, which one? tongue.gif

Hmmmm, too early to tell. I will need to retest BTBM soon and probably Z-7 also tongue.gif
All 3 shampoos mentioned performs well and each has their own characteristics and smell smile_big.gif
If I need to choose which shampoo now, I will choose OCWash because it combines performance with better value. BTBM is a very close second, while the Z-7 is placed third because it is not economical enough to use often.

I am curious about how Supernatural Shampoo will perform, and it has just been released for beta testing. The official dilution ratio is 1:1500 wow!

KrisMas

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (vx55 @ Jun 17 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am curious about how Supernatural Shampoo will perform, and it has just been released for beta testing. The official dilution ratio is 1:1500 wow!

Now that's SUPER-DUPER concentrated.

SPiD3RMaN

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

SPiD3RMaN

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (vx55 @ Jun 17 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1:1500 ??? really a big WOW !
Don't think it'll be in liquid form already? Maybe gel?

vx55

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
Haha, Dom mentioned it is gel-like, since there's not much water (or even none) in its formulation.
He even mentioned he tried the shampoo at a silly dilution of 1:7000 and it was still ok, but he tagged it at a more realistic 1:1500 059.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
spirit36, you really 'can't wait...i have too many shampoo now. Z-7, Gold Class, Hyperwash, Citrus Wash , 3M...

The real sifu is the one that always 'test' alot product smile_tongue.gif smile_big.gif

Bro. kris,
Wah, this two quotes from bro. g88 you can even combine together....... smile_thumbup.gif

spirit36

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 17 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
spirit36, you really 'can't wait...i have too many shampoo now. Z-7, Gold Class, Hyperwash, Citrus Wash , 3M...

The real sifu is the one that always 'test' alot product smile_tongue.gif smile_big.gif

Bro. kris,
Wah, this two quotes from bro. g88 you can even combine together....... smile_thumbup.gif

I find the NXT car wash no nice to use.... smile_disapprove.gif
Not many bubbles + sud.....others may be good BUT I like lots of bubble... smile_tongue.gif

Tuan, you really a sifulah, so many shampoooo...

KrisMas

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 17 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro. kris,

....cuz the two statements kinda make me a bit confuse...

vr2turbo

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Jun 17 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....cuz the two statements kinda make me a bit confuse...

So bro. g88 is the real sifu.....ha! ha!
Contradict himself, using own statement...... smile_big.gif