Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Malaysia Website

• Please log in to reply

iceforever

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
As far as customer service is concerned, this website is hopeless!!!! angry.gif angry.gif
Emailed them through this site twice and till todate, no response, no answer, in fact heard NOTHING from them!!!
Just a simple question of whether iridium plugs is compatible to our CM5 engine just disappeared into the desert sands!! angry.gif angry.gif

Itchibawa

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:41 PM

Itchibawa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
May be customer service staffs were not trained to advise on technical issues like yours.

Try ask something more relevant.. may be ask for the nearest SC to your home.. or any promotion service packages...

Anyway, it's not polite to leave mails unanswered even if it's not relevant to them. They can always tell you it's beyond their capacity or redirect you query to the appropriate personnel.

linnhann

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:46 AM

linnhann

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (Itchibawa @ Dec 26 2008, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May be customer service staffs were not trained to advise on technical issues like yours.

Try ask something more relevant.. may be ask for the nearest SC to your home.. or any promotion service packages...

Anyway, it's not polite to leave mails unanswered even if it's not relevant to them. They can always tell you it's beyond their capacity or redirect you query to the appropriate personnel.

How to access to honda accord club forum?

Itchibawa

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:02 PM

Itchibawa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
http://www.myhavoc.net/

iceforever

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:50 AM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
After waiting so long (in vain) for their answer, I called their number which is listed in the site-1-800-88-2020.
You know what?? That guy who answered the phone asked for my car registration number and after clicking through his computer, told me (without asking in the first place why I called), my car had already come with complete rear seat belts and that I do not need to go their SC to install.
In the first place, does he has to find out from the computer that a 2005 registered Accord has already come complete with rear seat belts??? ohmy.gif
Secondly, he does not even know we can email them through the Honda website!! ohmy.gif
After I guided him to the mail format, he then told me it is meant for oversea customers!!!!! ohmy.gif
When asked why it was meant for oversea customers when the domain is registered as .com.my?? He cannot answer.
When asked why there are no mail format for local customers, he cannot answer.
OK, the last straw, he cannot (and don't know) answer any technical questions (even as simple as a plug change).
I will have to refer to the service centers!!
I told him it's just a simple question and it is due for me to change my plugs and I just need a second opinion.
The answer: you will have to refer to the service centers!!

What a crap!!!! angry.gif angry.gif

Honda Malaysia, are you listening????????

dereklaw

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

dereklaw

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 953 posts
ice, don't take this the wrong way. I doubt Honda did any test on the sparks plugs. Hence, Honda will never give you an answer to your question as it has got to do with liability.

If Honda says it can and there is damage to the engine, Honda is damned and if Honda says no and you forward the e-mail to the sparks plug company, Honda may get sued. The best answer Honda will give you is as follows:

"Owners are advised to use all equipment / parts as recommended in the Manual"

Cheers and Happy New Year.

......Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by
the moments that take our breath away. It's really amazing when
two strangers become the best of friends, but it is really sad when
the best of friends become two strangers......

iceforever

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:06 PM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
Yes, agreed with you 108%.
However, in the Honda Malaysia website, they recommend to use the Iridium plugs for our Hondas, though no specific models are mentioned.
On the other hand, one of their SCs (whom we assumed should be well versed with all Honda cars since they are the authorised and sole Honda service center) mentioned they had seen some CM models developed GB problems by using iridium/platinum plugs.
NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS: WHO SHOULD WE TRUST AND WHERE CAN WE GET THE FINAL VERDICT????

This concerns me most as GBs are not cheap to replace/repair!!

mubull

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (iceforever @ Dec 30 2008, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, agreed with you 108%.
However, in the Honda Malaysia website, they recommend to use the Iridium plugs for our Hondas, though no specific models are mentioned.
On the other hand, one of their SCs (whom we assumed should be well versed with all Honda cars since they are the authorised and sole Honda service center) mentioned they had seen some CM models developed GB problems by using iridium/platinum plugs.
NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS: WHO SHOULD WE TRUST AND WHERE CAN WE GET THE FINAL VERDICT????

This concerns me most as GBs are not cheap to replace/repair!!

hahaha Ice. As u said. Learned to Live with It. I have send in letter to HQ Last Year and yet still pending. Now you trying to enquire bout technical stuff.. hehehe tough lah. May I suggest u try to ask other SC. I recall Honda Iridium spark plug are NGK brand but me too surprised tht Accord not equiped with Iridium since my oddy + City comes with Iridium. They claimed can lasted for 100k km.
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

mubull

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
well~ having said tht.

I truely understand your frustration. dry.gif
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

iceforever

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Dec 31 2008, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well~ having said tht.

I truely understand your frustration. dry.gif

Well, I don't think I can be blamed for being so frustrated, or outraged!!!! angry.gif
After having paid more than RM100K+ for the car and received this type of unethical "customer service"!!!
This reminds me of my "golden" days with my Camry:
I encountered gear shift problem, sometimes it just downshift for no apparent reason and sometimes it just refused to up shift!!
Sent to the UMW SC and they needed 2 days to check.
(This 2 days also enabled me to have good experience in our country's very "efficient" LRT service-took more than 4 hours from home to office in Klang!!)
Then when I took delivery of the car, they said they cannot find anything wrong!!
So in frustration and after getting some tips from the forummers here(yes, here in Autoworld), I dismantled the glove compartment and to my surprise and delight, the cable connecting the ECU to the GB dropped off!!
This means all the time the cable is tangling with loose connections!!
Then I recalled it was the air con guy's fault for not fully inserted the connectors (after he serviced the air-con) until the clips are fastened with a "click" sound!!
After a few days confirming everything was in order, I went back and taruh those SCs kau kau!!! angry.gif angry.gif
In another instant when I encountered suspension noise whenever on humps and uneven road, the SC found out the rubber bushing on the lower arm was damaged. They would not replace only the bushing but have to replace the whole arm which cost around RM700!!!
I then told the manager, if whenever his car encounters a puncture, don't repair-just throw his whole car into the river!!
Eventually went to my mechanic to have the bushing replace for RM120.

We are consumers and customers to buy their products to enjoy the convenience and fun in driving and the maintenance/ technical part should be in the safe hands of those so-called SCs.
Is this the case here in Bolehland?? angry.gif