Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Goodyear Eagle Efficientgrip

• Please log in to reply

flee

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
The new Eagle EfficientGrip is Goodyear’s quietest, most comfortable tire ever. The leading tire company’s latest innovation is engineered with advanced “Quiet Tred” technology to minimize road noise and help deliver a silky smooth ride, without compromising safety which is the hallmark of all Goodyear tires.

Designed for luxury car drivers in Singapore who are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the urban environment when they step into their cars, the new Goodyear Eagle EfficientGrip can help make the journey more quiet and smooth.

“Luxury car owners in Asia want to enjoy their drive on the road. Whether navigating the busy streets of the city during the week or taking a long drives over the weekend, these discerning drivers are after an indulgent experience without compromising on safety” said Daniel Smytka, Vice President -Consumer Tires, Goodyear Asia Pacific.

Goodyear’s internal tests show that Eagle EfficientGrip is the company’s quietest tire ever. Furthermore, based on external tests on wet-braking performance, the tire outperforms a leading competitor in its class.

http://www.goodyear..../efficientgrip/

Anyone here planning to try this tyre?
Regards,
Flee

vr2turbo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
As mentioned for luxury car drivers, so here are the sizes

255/40R17
225/45R17
235/45R17
245/45R17
215/50R17
205/55R16
215/55R16
225/55R16
235/55R17
205/60R16

Smallest is 205/55R16...... smile_blackeye.gif

relakbro

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

relakbro

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I'm from S'pore and have been reading this very useful tyre forum for some time, so I guess now it's only fair I contribute.

I'm using Efficientgrip 195/55/15 on my Honda City.
Done about 10,000 km.

This is a comfort/quiet tyre, but "Euro style" (as I'll explain).
Made in Slovenia... tongue.gif
Thread pattern noise is low, but on anything other than the smoothest roads, the "rubber noise" is more noticeable than regular comfort/quiet tyres (it's like the rubber is not as "soft" as regular comfort tyres).
I found that noise doesn't increase with speed so much/in the usual way.
This is most noticeable when speeds go up past 100 km/h and beyond (hence my remark that pattern noise is low).

Feedback thru the steering wheel is also better than other comfort tyres.
I had one tyre lose pressure on my way back from Penang. On the NS highway in heavy rain, I could feel something was wrong (thru the steering "feedback"), so I slowed down.
Only when I got home did I find one tyre had dropped by 10psi during my week's stay in M'sia.
[I still find that tyre keeps dropping pressure, despite the shop checked under water there is no leaks - dunno what to do. But that's another story.]

Grip in dry is ok/normal. This is no sports tyre - it doesn't have that feeling of being glued to the road, but I've never had any trouble cornering or wheel spin whatsoever.
Wet grip is ok. Because it is a quiet tyre with fine threads in the centre blocks, I'm never going to try pushing hard around bends in the wet.
I've done 120 km/h in heavy rain in NS Highway without any aquaplaning feeling etc. and all the time, I get sufficient feedback of the road conditions thru the steering wheel, so not too bad, I guess.

I read somewhere online (after I bought the tyres) that it has one of the lowest rolling resistance in its class.
I find I have to brake harder to stop (but grip during braking is actually normal).
Strange thing is, I seem also to have to accelerate harder (may be psychological, not sure).
Overall, I don't really notice a change in the fuel consumption - only my driving style have to change, to prevent jerky operation of the car.
I have to drive more "relaxed" now - reduce sudden acceleration and braking - so as not to make my passengers throw up.
But I don't notice it so much now that I've adapted.

Finally, in the looks dept, there's no rim protector on my tyre size (dunno about other size), so it definitely doesn't look as nice as other tyres I've tried.

The sidewalls are soft and comfortable, but not mushy - handling is still close to average tyres, even though this is a comfort tyre.

If you want a comfort/quiet tyre that doesn't completely compromise on everything else, I guess this is worth a try.
I've only driven 10,000 km, so can't comment on the durability.

Hope this helps.

JonW

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

JonW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 969 posts
Perhaps you need to check your valves

QUOTE (relakbro @ Mar 30 2012, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I'm from S'pore and have been reading this very useful tyre forum for some time, so I guess now it's only fair I contribute.

I'm using Efficientgrip 195/55/15 on my Honda City.
Done about 10,000 km.

This is a comfort/quiet tyre, but "Euro style" (as I'll explain).
Made in Slovenia... tongue.gif
Thread pattern noise is low, but on anything other than the smoothest roads, the "rubber noise" is more noticeable than regular comfort/quiet tyres (it's like the rubber is not as "soft" as regular comfort tyres).
I found that noise doesn't increase with speed so much/in the usual way.
This is most noticeable when speeds go up past 100 km/h and beyond (hence my remark that pattern noise is low).

Feedback thru the steering wheel is also better than other comfort tyres.
I had one tyre lose pressure on my way back from Penang. On the NS highway in heavy rain, I could feel something was wrong (thru the steering "feedback"), so I slowed down.
Only when I got home did I find one tyre had dropped by 10psi during my week's stay in M'sia.
[I still find that tyre keeps dropping pressure, despite the shop checked under water there is no leaks - dunno what to do. But that's another story.]

Grip in dry is ok/normal. This is no sports tyre - it doesn't have that feeling of being glued to the road, but I've never had any trouble cornering or wheel spin whatsoever.
Wet grip is ok. Because it is a quiet tyre with fine threads in the centre blocks, I'm never going to try pushing hard around bends in the wet.
I've done 120 km/h in heavy rain in NS Highway without any aquaplaning feeling etc. and all the time, I get sufficient feedback of the road conditions thru the steering wheel, so not too bad, I guess.

I read somewhere online (after I bought the tyres) that it has one of the lowest rolling resistance in its class.
I find I have to brake harder to stop (but grip during braking is actually normal).
Strange thing is, I seem also to have to accelerate harder (may be psychological, not sure).
Overall, I don't really notice a change in the fuel consumption - only my driving style have to change, to prevent jerky operation of the car.
I have to drive more "relaxed" now - reduce sudden acceleration and braking - so as not to make my passengers throw up.
But I don't notice it so much now that I've adapted.

Finally, in the looks dept, there's no rim protector on my tyre size (dunno about other size), so it definitely doesn't look as nice as other tyres I've tried.

The sidewalls are soft and comfortable, but not mushy - handling is still close to average tyres, even though this is a comfort tyre.

If you want a comfort/quiet tyre that doesn't completely compromise on everything else, I guess this is worth a try.
I've only driven 10,000 km, so can't comment on the durability.

Hope this helps.

irony

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 29 2012, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

255/40R17
225/45R17
235/45R17
245/45R17
215/50R17
205/55R16
215/55R16
225/55R16
235/55R17
205/60R16

at first i thought finally goodyear launched nice and quiet tire, until i see the available sizes smile_blackeye.gif

anyway.. when was the last time goodyear came out with something quiet? lol

TheGunner

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
We had brief driving impressions of the tyre earlier this week: Goodyear Malaysia launches new Eagle EfficientGrip tyres
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

swinee

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (irony @ Mar 30 2012, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at first i thought finally goodyear launched nice and quiet tire, until i see the available sizes smile_blackeye.gif

anyway.. when was the last time goodyear came out with something quiet? lol

ducara GA? and the acclaimed Excellence?lol.. smile_clown.gif

swinee

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 29 2012, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OEM tires for merz C and bmw 5 locally..when first saw it macam NCT5 punya pattern..so dinn really pay attention to it..
tot it was just one of those GY midrange tire..hehe smile_blush.gif

mym123

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

mym123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Mar 30 2012, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We had brief driving impressions of the tyre earlier this week: Goodyear Malaysia launches new Eagle EfficientGrip tyres

Wow... The smallest size is 15 and the price lready rm400? I wonde how much it will be if 17? If RM800 it will be too expensive and better buy michelin ps3....

mym123

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

mym123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
saw an article than this tyres range from 15" to 18" will be available at all GoodYear Autocare and Servitekar with the price start at RM400.00

Does anybody have the retail price for the whole range? Tq..