Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Malaysia Website

• Please log in to reply

sk811sc

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

sk811sc

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (iceforever @ Dec 31 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I don't think I can be blamed for being so frustrated, or outraged!!!! angry.gif
After having paid more than RM100K+ for the car and received this type of unethical "customer service"!!!
This reminds me of my "golden" days with my Camry:
I encountered gear shift problem, sometimes it just downshift for no apparent reason and sometimes it just refused to up shift!!
Sent to the UMW SC and they needed 2 days to check.
(This 2 days also enabled me to have good experience in our country's very "efficient" LRT service-took more than 4 hours from home to office in Klang!!)
Then when I took delivery of the car, they said they cannot find anything wrong!!
So in frustration and after getting some tips from the forummers here(yes, here in Autoworld), I dismantled the glove compartment and to my surprise and delight, the cable connecting the ECU to the GB dropped off!!
This means all the time the cable is tangling with loose connections!!
Then I recalled it was the air con guy's fault for not fully inserted the connectors (after he serviced the air-con) until the clips are fastened with a "click" sound!!
After a few days confirming everything was in order, I went back and taruh those SCs kau kau!!! angry.gif angry.gif
In another instant when I encountered suspension noise whenever on humps and uneven road, the SC found out the rubber bushing on the lower arm was damaged. They would not replace only the bushing but have to replace the whole arm which cost around RM700!!!
I then told the manager, if whenever his car encounters a puncture, don't repair-just throw his whole car into the river!!
Eventually went to my mechanic to have the bushing replace for RM120.

We are consumers and customers to buy their products to enjoy the convenience and fun in driving and the maintenance/ technical part should be in the safe hands of those so-called SCs.
Is this the case here in Bolehland?? angry.gif

That's why i never go to the Authorized Service Center coz those Mechanic is from Fresh Graduate and less technical skills. Everything depends on the book. If any part faulty or failure, by changing the whose module is the fastest way. By the way, you're paying the cost not them........

iceforever

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:43 AM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
Exactly, they just REPLACE, no REPAIR!!! angry.gif
And when you compare prices of spare parts sold by them in their SC and their authorised spare part shops, then you will realize what is CUSTOMER SERVICE and AFTER SALES SERVICE!! angry.gif

scc

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:05 AM

scc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I think most authorised agent just changed the whole faulty parts than
repair it. Coz they don't want a second time job, fast and earned
more. They make more money by just selling parts to customer.

AC19

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

AC19

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
thought I saw an artile somewhere written by a lawyer that one cannot charge unreasonably (in SC) in order to keep or providing the warranty.. or something along that line. so there are loopholes?

curious if consumers in malaysia just resigned to the fact being manipulated? some lawyers out there interested to explain? or consumer tribunal (assuming they are neutral or potentially work for the rich in power)...?

florida

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

florida

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I just wondering if you have facing the body sound problem of Honda car?

sorpoh

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

sorpoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
QUOTE (sk811sc @ Jan 2 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why i never go to the Authorized Service Center coz those Mechanic is from Fresh Graduate and less technical skills. Everything depends on the book. If any part faulty or failure, by changing the whose module is the fastest way. By the way, you're paying the cost not them........

Erm..sorry to be rude...forgive me is my words sound rude k... mellow.gif

There is some correction i wanna make here...not all mechanic is fresh gradute...few service center tat i had visit thus far..some mechanics really just graduate but they are allow to do minor job only...n some mechanics is more den 20yrs n above...cause i did requested them not to touch my car if they are fresh gradute n if my car only do pmss den...YES..they can...thus far..i m ok with that.. happy.gif

Correct me if i m wrong..thank u wink.gif

sorpoh

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

sorpoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
QUOTE (iceforever @ Dec 30 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After waiting so long (in vain) for their answer, I called their number which is listed in the site-1-800-88-2020.
You know what?? That guy who answered the phone asked for my car registration number and after clicking through his computer, told me (without asking in the first place why I called), my car had already come with complete rear seat belts and that I do not need to go their SC to install.
In the first place, does he has to find out from the computer that a 2005 registered Accord has already come complete with rear seat belts??? ohmy.gif
Secondly, he does not even know we can email them through the Honda website!! ohmy.gif
After I guided him to the mail format, he then told me it is meant for oversea customers!!!!! ohmy.gif
When asked why it was meant for oversea customers when the domain is registered as .com.my?? He cannot answer.
When asked why there are no mail format for local customers, he cannot answer.
OK, the last straw, he cannot (and don't know) answer any technical questions (even as simple as a plug change).
I will have to refer to the service centers!!
I told him it's just a simple question and it is due for me to change my plugs and I just need a second opinion.
The answer: you will have to refer to the service centers!!

What a crap!!!! angry.gif angry.gif

Ice happy.gif

First of all..i knew how u feel..but since u name urself iceforever...cold down urself first ok... wink.gif

Secondly..i cant accept either when they ask u those stupid questions n the way they answer u is really ridiKillous...summore u need to guide him to the mail format...may i know who are u talking too? did u ask him/her are u new? sterb292.gif wat a shame...but i did log a complaint before to 1-800-88-2020 ( this is the complaint/hotline of HMSB )...frankly speaking i had a very nice conversation n theirs feed back is very fast..i wonder why u been treated like tat... unsure.gif

bout ur plugs..i will let u know tomorrow cause i m sending my car to the service centre for servicing..take it easy bro..Life is smooth..dun make it hard..cheers cool.gif

hwk

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

hwk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (florida @ May 18 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I just wondering if you have facing the body sound problem of Honda car?

i think all SC are same lah... the car is 2005 (no warranty already) i got 2 toyota, 1 out of warranty... when asking for help... 1st talk about money... then always told my car was "old" no stock lah... 1 with warranty, whatever you asking is ok

and i totally agree SC only replace not repair/fix it... just like my seat belt stuck, when asking to check, they just replace and cost me about RM150 (out of warranty labour about RM50)

nissan same... when new car 1 months problem side mirror (vibrate when high side) 1st told me no warranty cos may hit by something, but no scretch there... at last they fix it but still vibrate (a little bit )

honda... just bought it.. done 1k "checking"

sorpoh

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

sorpoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
QUOTE (iceforever @ Dec 26 2008, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whether iridium plugs is compatible to our CM5 engine

Answer : YES happy.gif

AC19

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

AC19

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
if our car prices cheaper, the SC may want you to change the whole car... schla17.gif

QUOTE (iceforever @ Jan 2 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, they just REPLACE, no REPAIR!!! angry.gif
And when you compare prices of spare parts sold by them in their SC and their authorised spare part shops, then you will realize what is CUSTOMER SERVICE and AFTER SALES SERVICE!! angry.gif