Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Extended Warranty : Have An Body Successfully Claimed ?

• Please log in to reply

axl2000

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

axl2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hi,

Believe most of that mosthe owners that purchased their car in 2011 would have lapsed the 3 years manufacturers warranty. Some of us surely would have purchased the extended warranty some time in 2012. I am one of the them.

Recently I got an error message diagnosed by sc as the abs sensor error. They said this is not covered by the extended warranty. As it only cost about rm 200, I did not worry about it. After all, the intention of the extended warranty is for major engine failure etc. However, just got time to read the booklet. Nowhere does it says sensor is not covered. It even got a clause that says " airbags is not covered (although Abs sensor is covered)". So I have the following question :

1) anybody success fully used (claim) the extended warranty program ?
2) how well verse are the sc with what is covered, and what is not?

Appreciate the info. Thanks.

kaminski

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:33 PM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (axl2000 @ Sep 27 2014, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Believe most of that mosthe owners that purchased their car in 2011 would have lapsed the 3 years manufacturers warranty. Some of us surely would have purchased the extended warranty some time in 2012. I am one of the them.

Recently I got an error message diagnosed by sc as the abs sensor error. They said this is not covered by the extended warranty. As it only cost about rm 200, I did not worry about it. After all, the intention of the extended warranty is for major engine failure etc. However, just got time to read the booklet. Nowhere does it says sensor is not covered. It even got a clause that says " airbags is not covered (although Abs sensor is covered)". So I have the following question :

1) anybody success fully used (claim) the extended warranty program ?
2) how well verse are the sc with what is covered, and what is not?

Appreciate the info. Thanks.

I tried claiming for a door mirror motor which in the end was like pulling out your own teeth with string and a brick, the hassle was just not worth it. As for the service centres, I would bet that you would get a different answer from each one visited. My conclusion is money wasted!

The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

axl2000

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

axl2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Side mirror would cost around rm1.5k...

What was the reason that they gave ? Was it the service center or the insurance company themself which rejected the expenditure? I think the problem having a very general/vague t&c . Not sure whether a call to the Peugeot call center will help...