Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Problem: Intermittent Loss Of Power And Juddering

• Please log in to reply

vince866

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

vince866

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
QUOTE (kaminski @ Jun 29 2010, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree totally. In the industry I serve, customers are encouraged to feedback with as much detail as possible as to what problems they are experiencing to the dealer. Once the dealer receives the feedback, they code each issue into a system which feeds back directly to Caterpillar, the machine manufacturer. Gathering all this information from dealers around the world enables Caterpillar to identify product faults, make modifications, suggest inventory levels, identify local hot spots per issue, make product recalls etc etc.
Having said all that, it all depends on the dealer filling out the details and entering it into the system.
So for example, in Malaysia Peugeot owners have suffered early battery failures on the 308 model, with the system mentioned above, Peugeot France would be able to flag a problem with their product which is affecting Malaysia. Based on the facts like lets say a failure rate of 2 in 10, they still would re-evaluate one or two things:
A - The actual Battery spec versus electrical usage according to mileage and time or
B - Re- adjust the warranty terms for current owners or
C - Both of the above.

I believe that peugeot must have a similar system in place, after all, its all about product feedback, so in my opinion, its essential that problems such as those suffered by Kenso and friends should indeed be reported to Nasim. In an ideal world Nasim should be able to tell you that they have reported your problems to the manufacturer and are waiting on technical instructions. And as Kenso mentioned, once its reported to Nasim, one should keep a record of when exactly you reported it just in case you need to fight your corner once the warranty period has expired

Do NASIM give you a copy of the pink copy of the report when you bring in your car for complaint and rectification works when they return the car to you?

If NASIM cannot do anything about it and delay or refuse to give feedback to Peugeot ASIA, what is the next course? Having said that I have went to the extend of meeting Peugeot ASIA and they are passive about their apointed Distributor, i.e. NASIM. Any suggestions? This is totally unFrench to me ... don't think the EU customers will allow them to take their own sweet time to resolve matters pertaining to the car during warranty.

johnlim123

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

johnlim123

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Jun 29 2010, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posted from woody100:

"I did experienced the same problem like kenso mentioned..."intermittent loss of power and juddering for about 1 second.." few times since...

knocking issue yes i have it.

this intermittent loss of power and juddering - i guess mine the same me.

mine is: during sudden acceleration (not flooring), engine bay got mechanism sounds and then engine shake like nobody business (speed unchange). it stops when i release my foot.

kenso, woody100, how bout urs?

sent KS:

root cause: unknown
solution: leave the car for one week

sad.gif

however understood that becoz i couldn't show them the problem.

johnlim123

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

johnlim123

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
QUOTE (benfoo @ Jun 29 2010, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
same here altho its very very hard to replicate the problem...i've experienced it on maybe a handful of occasions (under 10 i wud say).....the reason i left it as it is is that its no point informing the SC bout it since it can't be replicated easily.

i think its the al4 trying to adapt to the situation and is undecided on dropping to 3rd gear or continue pushing at 4th....

definitely this is not the case for al4 adaption...

johnlim123

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

johnlim123

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Jun 29 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would still bring this issue back to the SC as each visit is a documented effort from my part to resolve this issue. Nasim cannot say that (touch wood), after the warranty period and still the problem persists and would require an engine overhaul, I can claim from them that this failure to resolve this issue is not because of lack of trying from my part. IMHO, why take the risk by not reporting?

kenso, agreed with u. i will complaint each visit to show that this issue happens since delivery but never resolve... so no excuse to say warranty passes...

same goes for pull-to-left issue...

woody100

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

woody100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (johnlim123 @ Jun 29 2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
knocking issue yes i have it.

this intermittent loss of power and juddering - i guess mine the same me.

mine is: during sudden acceleration (not flooring), engine bay got mechanism sounds and then engine shake like nobody business (speed unchange). it stops when i release my foot.

kenso, woody100, how bout urs?

sent KS:

root cause: unknown
solution: leave the car for one week

sad.gif

however understood that becoz i couldn't show them the problem.

My incident happened during acceleration. I floor the pedar after the u-turn and the power just totally lost for about a second and then the acceleartion back with dropping a gear. Not everytime but occasionally.

beezbub

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

beezbub

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
QUOTE (woody100 @ Jul 5 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My incident happened during acceleration. I floor the pedar after the u-turn and the power just totally lost for about a second and then the acceleartion back with dropping a gear. Not everytime but occasionally.

Yours seems to be gearbox sluggishness. all of us have the same issue unless u change the gearbox. flooring the pedal for instant acceleration depends on which gear u r in at that point in time. my guess is that you are somewhere between 2nd & 3rd gear, where it needs to drop down to 2nd gear proper.

kenso

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (woody100 @ Jul 5 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean u experience this problem when:-

1) you immediately floor the pedal (maximum depress) from partial (half depress)
2) you gradually increase pressure on the accelerator (from half depress gradually to full depress, all the while maintaining pressure on the pedal)

Both may create a similar situation but the cause is completely different. Have u gone back to the SC and asked them to diagnose using PPS?

joelucas91

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

joelucas91

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Jun 29 2010, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posted from woody100:

"I did experienced the same problem like kenso mentioned..."intermittent loss of power and juddering for about 1 second.." few times since I took the delivery of my 308THP last August, 09. Lodged a complaint during my car service at Glenmarie but no solution was given. Any advise from bros here? If this incident happens during overtaking..."

Seems that I`m not the only one experiencing this problem (and BB Glenmarie had the cheek to tell me mine is the first ever complaint of this kind). So far, the blame has fallen to

1) faulty battery (proven not true)
2) faulty valve cover which causes engine oil leakage (proven not true)
3) faulty spark plugs (proven not true)

Anyone else experience this issue and how to resolve it?

P.S: woody100, if u were overtaking and your car has this issue, my recommendation is to use tiptronic, downshift to 3rd gear then accelerate. I notice my issue ONLY happens in 4th gear at 2,600rpm. 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear no problems.

I had the intermittent misfiring issue, not sure whether it's the same. But I was using RON95 then, since I changed to RON97, no such issue anymore. And you get way more power from RON97. I didn't really bother until my aunt who drives an Audi told me it's better smile.gif

mankarat

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

mankarat

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
i use 97 since i heard there is one 407 owner had problem with his centre tabung of exhaust sumbat. Too much carbon build up. Power loss,And guess what? he change new exhaust system and it cost rm10k. All because of RON 95? Maybe one of the reason. And i feel more power with 97. Dont bother with other people opinion. But for me, i rather spend more on the petrol rather than have to fork out a lot of money in future for a repair job. They maintain a price but lower the grade.. what a clever gamen... smile_cry.gif

woody100

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

woody100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi guys, I appreciate your concern here.

To beezbub, yes, you're right. I was in 'D' mode when making the u-turn under a flyover. Right after the u-turn, I gradually floor the pedal from partial to full depress, like what kenso says. At the point there is where I experienced the power "lost" for about a second. I believe I should be in gear 2nd or 3rd.

I reported this to BB Glenmarie during my 10k service. Of course, I can't simulate the problem. I remember the SA did mentioned something to do with gearbox flashing which he believes it may solve the problem. Honestly, I've no knowledge as the suggestion makes any sense. The SA advised me to do it on next service.

For others, I'm using RON97 since the day 1. Petrol claim is reimburseable from company. tongue.gif