Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Difference B/w Lancer Ex And Inspira 2.0

• Please log in to reply

anxious

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

anxious

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
My wife just got her Inspira 2.0 last week.

I was cleaning the car and trying to detect the differences b/w the Lancer and Inspira.

The Inspira should be compared against the Lancer EX(which comes with the 16 inch rim) and not GT.

The Inspira retails at RM91,999 wherelse the Lancer EX sells for about RM118000. Now that a difference of RM26k.

Basically for RM26k less you get a CKD Inspira vs a CBU Lancer.

Now the ealier batches are supposed to have 26% local content. I read someone stating that the local content is:-

1. Tyres & rim (ugly)
2. Battery, bulbs, head lamp, rear lights and all interior lights excluding speedometer
3. Seats, Carpet, side panel fabric/leather
4. The rear boot lip
5. side window glass
6. interior fabric
7. Side Mirrors
8. Spring and Absorbers
9. Spark Plugs and cables
10. Belting - aircon, alternator

In my car I notice that the rear windscreen is Proton. Only the front is Mitsubishi. My chasis no. is 49xx, almost 5000.

I also noticed that as there is a full size spare tyre, the rear booth space is a bit smaller compared to the GT which has a space saver.

The leather looks like Nappa that the GT has but not as dark. Steerrng has Proton eblem instead Mitsubishi. Sound system is clarion.

I am wondering whether dashboard and sideboard/plastics are from Lancer or by Proton. Why would Proton want to mould these parts themselves?

What are your observations as to the differences?

darreltian

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
was told earlier batch of inspira are using new japanese vendors to produce dashboard and door panels....that explains the defects of inconsistent gaps and flimsy fittings....the suspensions were tweaked by the Lotus team...what is the brand of absorber?

ntc2000

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Mar 21 2011, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was told earlier batch of inspira are using new japanese vendors to produce dashboard and door panels....that explains the defects of inconsistent gaps and flimsy fittings....the suspensions were tweaked by the Lotus team...what is the brand of absorber?

wah... change jitput vendors .... now jitpun crisis , dont know got impact on p1 or not?

mosh

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
interm of cosmetic, accessories & vehicle performance & safety.. there is alot of diffrent between these 2 unit.
diffrent price tag ma... diffrent manufacturer.. same chassis & engine only...

rallychamp

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
i think dashboard and interior plasctic part still using japs original vendor.....coz left front plastic panel at A-pillar got exactly same problem like mitsu lancer/evox.....it falls apart smile_approve.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

mosh

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Mar 21 2011, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think dashboard and interior plasctic part still using japs original vendor.....coz left front plastic panel at A-pillar got exactly same problem like mitsu lancer/evox.....it falls apart smile_approve.gif

ehh.. its consider proton problem now.. smart guy that is not so smart after all will blame proton all the way...

rallychamp

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Mar 21 2011, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ehh.. its consider proton problem now.. smart guy that is not so smart after all will blame proton all the way...

its seems quite funny when i read the review of evo-X/lancer sportback of uk model.....the plastic panel falls off...

now proton guys complain...maybe i should scan/take picture of that article and post on all inspira forum...it was genetic problem from the father(mitsubishi)...don't blame the mother(proton) laugh.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

mosh

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Mar 21 2011, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its seems quite funny when i read the review of evo-X/lancer sportback of uk model.....the plastic panel falls off...

now proton guys complain...maybe i should scan/take picture of that article and post on all inspira forum...it was genetic problem from the father(mitsubishi)...don't blame the mother(proton) laugh.gif

eh.. i tot perempuan simpanan ??

SplitFire

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Mar 21 2011, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lotut! smile_approve.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

ntc2000

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Mar 21 2011, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lotut! smile_approve.gif