Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Alphard Dvd Player

• Please log in to reply

azahar737

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

azahar737

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi guys,
A friend of mine just bought a Japan spec Alphard and the DVD/HU of course, comes with Jap maps, language and radio station. Is the anyway to re-program the head unit to accept Malaysia maps and be able to tune in to Malaysian radio stations? Replacement cost for new HU is like $4k and my friend isn't willing to spend this amount.

Thanks

tpl

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
the last i heard(few yrs ago) those ppl install some device(dunno call wat) to tune in msia frequency but signal very weak.. now i dont know loh
2012 NMT President

Zennn

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Zennn

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 929 posts
nope, cant reprogram it...

vr2turbo

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Radio frequency also illegal, because can tune to police frequency...... smile_tongue.gif

teman8778

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

teman8778

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
My Japan HU unit oso cant reprogram.. hve to use till the HU 'koyak'.. last week the HU start to unusual behaviour..think this the time to replace it.. FYI the HU fitted to my car since 2004 ..

To ICE Sifus, any 2 DIN HU recommend? TQ in advance

Zennn

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

Zennn

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 929 posts
alpine 520, about rm2800

duanejacob

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

duanejacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Oh that sucks! You have a Toyota car in Malaysia but the specs are still in Japanese? Hopefully you can reprogram it and put some insights, give us instruction on how you made the player work...thanks
Drive Cars that are Green Powered

shinkazuya

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

shinkazuya

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hi bro,

saw a HU for Toyota Alphards and Estimas, apparently comes with GPS from PapaGo(original)... brand name Flyaudio. have you seen before? Looks quite solid to me..