Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

3m Tinting - Group Discount

• Please log in to reply

xarpa

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

xarpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
guys, will it void any warranties if they had to take off the door panels during tinting?

btw, what's the various opinions on the roof? to tint or not to tint? smile_tongue.gif my opinion is that the roof glass is already darker than the windows, if tint, may further darken the view. it was quite clear to me that the sunrays are less hot coming the roof than the windows...so i'll probably live with it for awhile.

tshui

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:19 PM

tshui

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (xarpa @ Aug 10 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys, will it void any warranties if they had to take off the door panels during tinting?

btw, what's the various opinions on the roof? to tint or not to tint? smile_tongue.gif my opinion is that the roof glass is already darker than the windows, if tint, may further darken the view. it was quite clear to me that the sunrays are less hot coming the roof than the windows...so i'll probably live with it for awhile.

make sure they don't break anything unless u do your tinting at KS. they will warrant your door panel if something got broken during the process. of course, u have to pay a couple hundred extra for tinting done at KS.

i was also thinking of tinting the roof too. even it's darker, i feel the heat rejection is not that much compare to the windscreen. of course windscreen already tinted with 70% VLT. i tried opening the roof during noon and the sun was like scorching on my head 1.gif ... compare to my hand on steering smile_cool.gif ...

mshiraz

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

mshiraz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Aug 8 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, good service comes with a price... Just my 2 cents...

CHEAP NO GOOD....
GOOD NO CHEAP....

407 =rm135000
E90 320i =rm232000

mmm...just wondering.

308,golf gti?

mmm...just wondering.
m shiraz

sootienann

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

sootienann

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
confirm need to remove the door panel while tinting ?

xarpa

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

xarpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
QUOTE (sootienann @ Aug 17 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
confirm need to remove the door panel while tinting ?

well if you want your installer to do a good job...then no choice la

but make sure you find a good, reputable shop. ask the people there what sort of cars they have done before. if they have done a lot of high end cars and conti cars before, very good chance they will have no problem with 308 door panel.

when i did mine, i watched like a hawk while they open the panel. they made it look rather easy..lol.

hah

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

hah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
QUOTE (xarpa @ Aug 17 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well if you want your installer to do a good job...then no choice la

but make sure you find a good, reputable shop. ask the people there what sort of cars they have done before. if they have done a lot of high end cars and conti cars before, very good chance they will have no problem with 308 door panel.

when i did mine, i watched like a hawk while they open the panel. they made it look rather easy..lol.

tinted my 308 recently @ 3M. same as u b4, was worried on how they wud dismantle the door panels and may broke the clips, spoilt the wirings etc2.
I stayed near my car to watch how they do it, it was just a simple procedure and did not involve complete dismantling of the panel. they just removed the internal door latch cover, unscrewed just 1 screw by the side of the panel and removed the black window lining at the top of the door, that's it! just enough for the film to b rolled to the level below the window lining. after that refix the latch cover and screw back, so far so good, no loosening or broken parts sound at all.
but be sure the installer put towels over the dashboard and door panels to cover it as this work involve lots of water and u dun want the water to get into ur dashboard and inside the door.

hakimi79

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (hah @ Aug 17 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tinted my 308 recently @ 3M. same as u b4, was worried on how they wud dismantle the door panels and may broke the clips, spoilt the wirings etc2.
I stayed near my car to watch how they do it, it was just a simple procedure and did not involve complete dismantling of the panel. they just removed the internal door latch cover, unscrewed just 1 screw by the side of the panel and removed the black window lining at the top of the door, that's it! just enough for the film to b rolled to the level below the window lining. after that refix the latch cover and screw back, so far so good, no loosening or broken parts sound at all.
but be sure the installer put towels over the dashboard and door panels to cover it as this work involve lots of water and u dun want the water to get into ur dashboard and inside the door.

how about the rear door? Did they open the whole panel? Like mine did it at Tintworks they have to open the rear door panel but not for the front door.

jules308

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

jules308

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
so now which is the recommended shop for 3M tints ? Tintworks ? the shop in kepong ?

tshui

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

tshui

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (jules308 @ Aug 17 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so now which is the recommended shop for 3M tints ? Tintworks ? the shop in kepong ?

if u read a few postings back, by mechanic, the one in kepong not recommended...

in my case, not 3M tinting, they open front door panel completely but for the rear door, only slightly. just enough to remove the window lining. according to installer, the design of 308 door panel near window lining is deep in unlike 307. no way they can do a good tint without removing the panel.

aizac77

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

aizac77

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hi guys,

Just wanna share with you guys about my experience with 3M.

I did my tinting for my 407 at crystalfeel autotint (authorized dealer for 3M) near Tesco Ampang with Mr Liew.

My findings as follows: -

a) I opt for 3M Crystalline 70 for full car. It cost me RM2000;
cool.gif Tinting job was done from 10.30am to 1.30pm (nearly 3hrs);
c) overall, its good, no complaint and superb heat rejection;
d) also done carpet mats (pvc type) for whole car there. Was charged RM150... ok laa..;
e) can lepak2 there while waiting for your car coz got TV room, Home thatre with sofa (pls bring your own dvd title);
f) makan2 or jalan2 no prob because tesco ampang is about 200metres from there..

p/s: Mr Liew is the one who did 3M tinting job for KS CSL.. done so many Pug model before for KS. So, no problem at all.. I fully recommended him.

I recond that u may find other 3M tint shop around klang valley that may offer u good price.. but my concern is that do they really know how to handle our LION??

just my 2 cents
Aizac
"Life is just like a roll of toilet paper.. you'll never know when its gonna run out!!"