Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Michelin Pilot Sports 3 (ps3)

• Please log in to reply

cavaliars

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-ve camber means the tyre top tilts in and therefore the inner side of the tyres touching the road have heavier contact and that means higher wear. But when the car corners, the tyres will have more contact with the road and that means better cornering stability.
For normal road use a -ve camber of 0.5 to 1 degree is maximum. Too much will kill the tyres.
For track, up to 3 degrees -ve, as they corners more then in the straights..... smile_wink.gif

owh,noted...
thanks sifu...next time ask u out for TT...can learn more...

cavaliars

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, my views are mostly money for value. I do not have a budget to splash, or not in a position to...ha! ha!, therefore I do have quite a number of members following my recommendations..... smile_tongue.gif
PS3 after checking is more expensive then the F1 I was using. RM450 to RM390, so even if I change the tyres I would have gone back to F1. To me they are about the same in performance and handling, therefore price played the last part.
Then of course there are the V12 Evo and even Nexen 8000 on my mind. For my size the V12 are at RM350 (too close to F1 price) as F1 have better handling and performance, but Nexen are priced at RM290 only..... smile_shock.gif

its very big gap between the tyre price for 17inch.
as for 15,PS3 price is at a very fair rate...compare to normal tyres is just about rm20-40 diff...

vr2turbo

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Jul 31 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
orait...understand...
the tyre shop i went said if want better handling out of the PS3,can try this setup smile_tongue.gif
but most of the time is normal drive,so didnt try smile_tongue.gif

No point if you are not the aggressive type. Tyre will wear inside and faster too....... smile_blackeye.gif

QUOTE (cavaliars @ Jul 31 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
owh,noted...
thanks sifu...next time ask u out for TT...can learn more...

We do hold tt off and on. Will try to inform you..... smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (cavaliars @ Jul 31 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its very big gap between the tyre price for 17inch.
as for 15,PS3 price is at a very fair rate...compare to normal tyres is just about rm20-40 diff...

Yup, other than 15" ones, the prices of PS3 are expensive, especially the 16" one..... smile_shock.gif

cavaliars

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No point if you are not the aggressive type. Tyre will wear inside and faster too....... smile_blackeye.gif

We do hold tt off and on. Will try to inform you..... smile_tongue.gif

Yup, other than 15" ones, the prices of PS3 are expensive, especially the 16" one..... smile_shock.gif

even Bridgestone 16inch also expensive...
maybe due to 16 not common size as 15 and 17...

orait bro,i pm u my contact no.

vr2turbo

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Jul 31 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even Bridgestone 16inch also expensive...
maybe due to 16 not common size as 15 and 17...

orait bro,i pm u my contact no.

BS priced like Michelin already. RE-001 and GR-90 also higher price ...... smile_blackeye.gif

ycfoo

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
Q? some of the tyre shop here said the PS3 is a replacement for the PP, & not for the PS2?

V406198

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-ve camber means the tyre top tilts in and therefore the inner side of the tyres touching the road have heavier contact and that means higher wear. But when the car corners, the tyres will have more contact with the road and that means better cornering stability.
For normal road use a -ve camber of 0.5 to 1 degree is maximum. Too much will kill the tyres.
For track, up to 3 degrees -ve, as they corners more then in the straights..... smile_wink.gif

Talking about -ve camber... after lower my car and also customized thicked anti roll bar, my rear un-adjustable camber are now at -3.7 to -3.9, that make my car look very touring car set up & very stable in fast cornering smile_thumbup.gif but it also really killing my tire & also slow down speed timing smile_angry.gif ...but lucky i 'm on stupid cheap N3000 smile_clown.gif . the special camber kits is on the way here and hope that will revert my speed timing back..but will also lost the FUN on the cornering smile_disapprove.gif ..
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

mubull

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Jul 30 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to check my PS3, tight high speed cornering with some adjustments the sidewall like flex, needed to apply brake and do more correction...nearly crashed into another car i was avoiding at the high speed corner....its unlike the PP2...hmm..PS3 grip was there..but sidewall flex during cornering adjustment. This PS3 loves to follow the cornering line only. Step away from it and you'll be in some trouble...

Could be a slow leak..or something wrong with the tire pressure.

Bro, azbro.. your front still with AD07 ? Maybe doesnt match since your front with harder side ..not sure.

Hv u increase your rear pressure for this and try again
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

mubull

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-ve camber means the top tilts in leh..... smile_approve.gif

ya.. is tilt in for the look ..

alighment toe in too
www.duragloss.com.my

mubull

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Jul 30 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ook,means is -ve when drive fast speed it'll straight up rite?
i think this is what my tyre shop telling me...but if drive slow at this setup will cost the inner thread or the tyre to wear faster...rite?

it shd not since its just - 0.5 ve.. unless pressure are really low. But if > - 1.0 ve then might be diff story liau
www.duragloss.com.my