Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Harrier Owner

• Please log in to reply

Mikeong

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
QUOTE (alex2 @ Jun 14 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys ,i quiet intrested on harrier G1 as i heard some of the model are using timing belt and some with chain is it true ,i hope u guys can discribes some info since u guys are owning it ,im searching for 2.2 and 2.4 actually but still confuse maybe is there any advise from u guys.....thks from new leaner

2.4 is runing on belts and 3.0 is on belt.2.2 dunno. I had a 2.4 harrier before my 3.0 estima but i must say the 3.0 is much better if you are particular about power in the car you are driving.If you travel a lot and need a cheaper maintainance car than the 2.2 will be more suitable.

alantieng

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

alantieng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
QUOTE (Mikeong @ Jun 15 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2.4 is runing on belts and 3.0 is on belt.2.2 dunno. I had a 2.4 harrier before my 3.0 estima but i must say the 3.0 is much better if you are particular about power in the car you are driving.If you travel a lot and need a cheaper maintainance car than the 2.2 will be more suitable.

G2 240G running chain already.....anyway 3.0 are very good in fc for cruising....
My War Machine : Mercedes Benz SLK280 3.0 V6 R171

alantieng

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

alantieng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
To all Toyota CBU owners, if anyone of you where is Wing Hin Motorsports in Jalan Loke Yew KL, you guys can buy genuine toyota parts there or any TOM's and TRD accessories over there, price are very cheap compare to you buy in workshop and almost all workshop which service Toyota CBU cars will buy from Wing Hin too, I used to make sure any parts faulty before buying, Power steering belt and aircond belt I bought that day:

Parts

1. Aircond belt - RM195
2. Power Steering Belt - RM95

I have check with some workshop, they charged me for Aircond belt RM240 and power steering belt RM130 together with workmanship RM400. So I decide to buy the parts by myself and bring it trusted workshop and install, total up was only RM320 included workmanship. Anyway I will update the price from time to time, hope that the refrence may help you guys....

Mikeong

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
QUOTE (alantieng @ Jun 15 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G2 240G running chain already.....anyway 3.0 are very good in fc for cruising....

\\Yup 2.4 is on chain thanks for the correction

Mikeong

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
QUOTE (alantieng @ Jun 15 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To all Toyota CBU owners, if anyone of you where is Wing Hin Motorsports in Jalan Loke Yew KL, you guys can buy genuine toyota parts there or any TOM's and TRD accessories over there, price are very cheap compare to you buy in workshop and almost all workshop which service Toyota CBU cars will buy from Wing Hin too, I used to make sure any parts faulty before buying, Power steering belt and aircond belt I bought that day:

Parts

1. Aircond belt - RM195
2. Power Steering Belt - RM95

I have check with some workshop, they charged me for Aircond belt RM240 and power steering belt RM130 together with workmanship RM400. So I decide to buy the parts by myself and bring it trusted workshop and install, total up was only RM320 included workmanship. Anyway I will update the price from time to time, hope that the refrence may help you guys....

I find that the price there is high compare to my usual local spare parts shop in Balakong.But you can be assured to get original parts.

alantieng

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:57 AM

alantieng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
Previosly this car usually was be taken to service in shop XXXX, but we found that many strange sound from the engine bay when the aircond cut-in , so after check, the sound is becuz the 2 belts as I mention are not genuine 1 so it also cause the vibration, although it is new, but the quality are very defferent compare the 1 we bought from Wing Hin.....

Anyway Mikeong, did you go for the service in TOYOTA CBU?? Any feedback?? Thx

Mikeong

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:51 AM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
QUOTE (alantieng @ Jun 15 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Previosly this car usually was be taken to service in shop XXXX, but we found that many strange sound from the engine bay when the aircond cut-in , so after check, the sound is becuz the 2 belts as I mention are not genuine 1 so it also cause the vibration, although it is new, but the quality are very defferent compare the 1 we bought from Wing Hin.....

Anyway Mikeong, did you go for the service in TOYOTA CBU?? Any feedback?? Thx

Hi Alan not yet but pretty soon cause i need to replace the engine oil and the transmission fluid.Some workshops outside tends to maximise profits by using compatible parts which are less in terms of quality. I always exmine the parts before they put it in smile_thumbup.gif

Anyway i still find my 3.0 a bit lazy in terms of acceleration maybe to use to my TD4

SplitFire

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
I'm eyeing an 1st Gen 3.0L. What's the roadtax like for a SUV like this? RM2K+? mellow.gif

Got a friend have one unit year 2000 fully import new, white colour, very tip top for an almost 10yrs car. Interior leather very new condition. If I offer him RM60K izit reasonable or too low?

Alan bro... can help ar? smile_tongue.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

alantieng

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

alantieng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Aug 13 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm eyeing an 1st Gen 3.0L. What's the roadtax like for a SUV like this? RM2K+? mellow.gif

Got a friend have one unit year 2000 fully import new, white colour, very tip top for an almost 10yrs car. Interior leather very new condition. If I offer him RM60K izit reasonable or too low?

Alan bro... can help ar? smile_tongue.gif

The price are reasonabe, since is somebody you know and good service record and tip top condition, as or me I don't mind to pay a little bit more for it!!!! RM60K try to nego till RM58K....another 2K spent for full service checkup!!!! biggrin.gif

SplitFire

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (alantieng @ Aug 20 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The price are reasonabe, since is somebody you know and good service record and tip top condition, as or me I don't mind to pay a little bit more for it!!!! RM60K try to nego till RM58K....another 2K spent for full service checkup!!!! biggrin.gif

If my friend still dun let go by this year, next year gonna be RM55K only.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire