Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

308 Air Con Compressor Spoil

• Please log in to reply

tksinn

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

tksinn

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
I had issues with 3008 compressor too. Sent my car in on 19th Dec and just collected my car today, so yeah that's the kind of service you'll be getting. Anyways, my RM7k bill attached - whoever considering Peugeot out there, prepare your wallet, your time and your heart (will be stressful dealing with those people).

psobh - look for a trusted mechanic to try to fix your compressor. Could be abit tedious but definately save alot $$. It could be just a simple repair, instead of a replacement but of course if you go to peugeot service centre, they will just replace it.

ckl050877 - The careline is totally useless, I've experienced it for the last 1 month. My car was in the workshop for 1 month and I complained through phone and email but no reply. I went to Glenmarie to meet their Careline people and they sent a rookie who introduced himself as a senior staff. First thing he told me was "My Proton also same issue, after 3 years need to repair RM3-4k, normal lah this kinda things". I give up on this Peugeot brand which their staff think is equivalent to Proton.

Attached Thumbnails

• download.jpg

faisto

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

faisto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Replaced mine at one workshop in Damansara Jaya (near KDU). Price RM1500. Good workmanship. Highly recommended.

Breadman

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (tksinn @ Jan 25 2014, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had issues with 3008 compressor too. Sent my car in on 19th Dec and just collected my car today, so yeah that's the kind of service you'll be getting. Anyways, my RM7k bill attached - whoever considering Peugeot out there, prepare your wallet, your time and your heart (will be stressful dealing with those people).

This is nothing compared to one owner of a 308 THP (same engine) who paid 14k to replace a broken turbo-charger. The car was out of warranty.

Luckily I ditched mine at the first sign of trouble. smile_big.gif
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

ckl050877

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ May 5 2014, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is nothing compared to one owner of a 308 THP (same engine) who paid 14k to replace a broken turbo-charger. The car was out of warranty.

Luckily I ditched mine at the first sign of trouble. smile_big.gif

That's why do not simply to have conti cars just because you afford to pay for downpayment and monthly installment. It is not 1+1 maths.

Breadman

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ May 7 2014, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why do not simply to have conti cars just because you afford to pay for downpayment and monthly installment. It is not 1+1 maths.

Have you own any other European cars other than Peugeot? You seem to be such an authority on this subject.

Btw, not all contis (to borrow your word) are Peugeot. Do you get my meaning? smile_wink.gif

kumar11585

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

kumar11585

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (faisto @ May 5 2014, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Replaced mine at one workshop in Damansara Jaya (near KDU). Price RM1500. Good workmanship. Highly recommended.

what is the workshop name?

aeyyb2110

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

aeyyb2110

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
Change the compressor and condenser last month. RM2000 chop shop parts. tongue.gif

ckl050877

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ May 7 2014, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you own any other European cars other than Peugeot? You seem to be such an authority on this subject.

Btw, not all contis (to borrow your word) are Peugeot. Do you get my meaning? smile_wink.gif

Peugeot is the basic conti (based on price) to be owned. Do you think that other conti such as VW, Audi, BMW, Menz, the maintenance costs will have any chance to be cheaper than Peugeot? then, please recommend a one to me.

Breadman

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ May 28 2014, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peugeot is the basic conti (based on price) to be owned. Do you think that other conti such as VW, Audi, BMW, Menz, the maintenance costs will have any chance to be cheaper than Peugeot? then, please recommend a one to me.

Don't try to worm out of this by quoting maintenance cost. 14k for a Pug 308 turbo charger is cheap maintenance? So, you cannot afford to own any other contis but yet you can make a sweeping statement on them.

There is actually a cheap psuedo conti you can buy ~ Proton Savvy. It has a Renault or Citroen engine and AMT gearbox. You can probably get a used one for 5k. Affordable enough for you?

It's a wonder that you bitch all over the forums and yet hang on to your Pug. You must be a s...r for punishment. Sell it quick before you get a heart attack. There is more to life than suffering because of a lousy piece of machinery. That's what a car is ~ a piece of machinery. Go spend the time with your family instead of wasting it at the service centres. smile_wink.gif

ckl050877

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ May 28 2014, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't try to worm out of this by quoting maintenance cost. 14k for a Pug 308 turbo charger is cheap maintenance? So, you cannot afford to own any other contis but yet you can make a sweeping statement on them.

There is actually a cheap psuedo conti you can buy ~ Proton Savvy. It has a Renault or Citroen engine and AMT gearbox. You can probably get a used one for 5k. Affordable enough for you?

It's a wonder that you bitch all over the forums and yet hang on to your Pug. You must be a s...r for punishment. Sell it quick before you get a heart attack. There is more to life than suffering because of a lousy piece of machinery. That's what a car is ~ a piece of machinery. Go spend the time with your family instead of wasting it at the service centres. smile_wink.gif

smile_thumbup.gif Yes, I shut up here. I scare of your "polite" words. Sorry, samseng taiko!