Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Michelin Pilot Sports 3 (ps3)

• Please log in to reply

azbro

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
I need to check my PS3, tight high speed cornering with some adjustments the sidewall like flex, needed to apply brake and do more correction...nearly crashed into another car i was avoiding at the high speed corner....its unlike the PP2...hmm..PS3 grip was there..but sidewall flex during cornering adjustment. This PS3 loves to follow the cornering line only. Step away from it and you'll be in some trouble...

Could be a slow leak..or something wrong with the tire pressure.

cavaliars

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Jul 30 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean the camber -ve .. So normally they will toe-in.

So u shd see the tire tilt out a bit since my rear is -0.5

180 kmh ..

wah .. U wanna see my wheel flying or wht ? smile_tongue.gif

ya ..really boloh..

ook,means is -ve when drive fast speed it'll straight up rite?
i think this is what my tyre shop telling me...but if drive slow at this setup will cost the inner thread or the tyre to wear faster...rite?

vr2turbo

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Jul 29 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the alignment is -ve is making the tyre tilt out or in?

QUOTE (mubull @ Jul 30 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean the camber -ve .. So normally they will toe-in.

So u shd see the tire tilt out a bit since my rear is -0.5

-ve camber means the top tilts in leh..... smile_approve.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Jul 30 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to check my PS3, tight high speed cornering with some adjustments the sidewall like flex, needed to apply brake and do more correction...nearly crashed into another car i was avoiding at the high speed corner....its unlike the PP2...hmm..PS3 grip was there..but sidewall flex during cornering adjustment. This PS3 loves to follow the cornering line only. Step away from it and you'll be in some trouble...

Could be a slow leak..or something wrong with the tire pressure.

I think it is because of the softer sidewall. I am trying a softer sidewall tyres now and even with more air pressure it does not perform like a harder sidewall tyres.
For situation like cornering stability, harder sidewall tyres are better in the expenses of ride comfort..... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Jul 30 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ook,means is -ve when drive fast speed it'll straight up rite?
i think this is what my tyre shop telling me...but if drive slow at this setup will cost the inner thread or the tyre to wear faster...rite?

-ve camber means the tyre top tilts in and therefore the inner side of the tyres touching the road have heavier contact and that means higher wear. But when the car corners, the tyres will have more contact with the road and that means better cornering stability.
For normal road use a -ve camber of 0.5 to 1 degree is maximum. Too much will kill the tyres.
For track, up to 3 degrees -ve, as they corners more then in the straights..... smile_wink.gif

lancer1981

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it is because of the softer sidewall. I am trying a softer sidewall tyres now and even with more air pressure it does not perform like a harder sidewall tyres.
For situation like cornering stability, harder sidewall tyres are better in the expenses of ride comfort..... smile_tongue.gif

Are your PS3 softer than F1Asy? These are the tires you are using, am I right? Thanks.
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

vr2turbo

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (lancer1981 @ Jul 31 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are your PS3 softer than F1Asy? These are the tires you are using, am I right? Thanks.

No, I am not using the PS3. I pen as softer sidewall tyres.
Just giving my views on the differences of hard and soft sidewall tyres.... smile_tongue.gif

lancer1981

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I am not using the PS3. I pen as softer sidewall tyres.
Just giving my views on the differences of hard and soft sidewall tyres.... smile_tongue.gif

Oops I thought you have changed to PS3 la. So I thought I get your view. smile_blush.gif
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

vr2turbo

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (lancer1981 @ Jul 31 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oops I thought you have changed to PS3 la. So I thought I get your view. smile_blush.gif

For me, my views are mostly money for value. I do not have a budget to splash, or not in a position to...ha! ha!, therefore I do have quite a number of members following my recommendations..... smile_tongue.gif
PS3 after checking is more expensive then the F1 I was using. RM450 to RM390, so even if I change the tyres I would have gone back to F1. To me they are about the same in performance and handling, therefore price played the last part.
Then of course there are the V12 Evo and even Nexen 8000 on my mind. For my size the V12 are at RM350 (too close to F1 price) as F1 have better handling and performance, but Nexen are priced at RM290 only..... smile_shock.gif

cavaliars

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-ve camber means the top tilts in leh..... smile_approve.gif

orait...understand...
the tyre shop i went said if want better handling out of the PS3,can try this setup smile_tongue.gif
but most of the time is normal drive,so didnt try smile_tongue.gif