Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nimota Ck9 - Anyone Knows Anything About This?

• Please log in to reply

lowpro

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
Does anyone know of this bike? I have 2 conflicting stories about the cc. When I called Nimota, they said 150 and the dealer said 200. As for Nimota, where are they from? Are their bikes reliable?

The Nimota CK9 is an almost duplicate of the Yamaha FX16 but without the Yamaha price. IMHO, it is a good looking bike and Yamaha's loss for not selling the FX16 here. How about the reliability and spare parts of the Nimota? Appreciate feedback.
Let's talk about driving again!

alphawolf

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Aug 29 2012, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know of this bike? I have 2 conflicting stories about the cc. When I called Nimota, they said 150 and the dealer said 200. As for Nimota, where are they from? Are their bikes reliable?

The Nimota CK9 is an almost duplicate of the Yamaha FX16 but without the Yamaha price. IMHO, it is a good looking bike and Yamaha's loss for not selling the FX16 here. How about the reliability and spare parts of the Nimota? Appreciate feedback.

Can do some googling and this is the link :

http://www.nimotamotorcycle.com.my/

However, I am always very wary of products that is a "copy" of something "original". Nimota copied the name of legendary Italian manufacturer Bimota, and as you said, the design is exactly the same with a Yamaha.

I think the mechanicals are from Kymco...but I would suggest for you to steer clear from these "fakes".. just my 2 cents