Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Saga M-line Auto

• Please log in to reply

padhma

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

padhma

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Dear Friends,
I have just placed a booking for a Proton Saga Auto M-Line Metallic. I have requested for the purple colour (Blue Berry Tea). I was told by the salesman that it will take 1 to 3 months for this particular colour!!!!!!!! The black and white are readily available. Why must one wait so long for this colour - not popular or will it cost more for proton for this colour?
The salesman also said that the warrenty is for only 2 years. Is this true? How do I get the extended warrenty?
Please help.
Thank you.
Regards,
Padhma

mosh

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (padhma @ Nov 18 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Friends,
I have just placed a booking for a Proton Saga Auto M-Line Metallic. I have requested for the purple colour (Blue Berry Tea). I was told by the salesman that it will take 1 to 3 months for this particular colour!!!!!!!! The black and white are readily available. Why must one wait so long for this colour - not popular or will it cost more for proton for this colour?
The salesman also said that the warrenty is for only 2 years. Is this true? How do I get the extended warrenty?
Please help.
Thank you.
Regards,
Padhma

the purple color car is not so popular, same case as persona purple color, less demand for the car due to its color. more people prefer silver, black & white.. rule of thumb.. popular = more demand, can find anywhere, not popular = very rare and not so in demand.. smile_dead.gif

normally dealer order the car by batch order, the pre order are based on popular demand

for EWP. u have to ask the salesman for it. mention it u want EWP for ur car insurance.

padhma

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

padhma

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I just called the salesman to give me any colour that is available and to my shock I have been told there is zero stock of proton saga whole of Malaysia!!!!!!!!!!
Suddenly Potong Saga has become the most wanted car. Can this be true?
Padhma

QUOTE (mosh @ Nov 18 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the purple color car is not so popular, same case as persona purple color, less demand for the car due to its color. more people prefer silver, black & white.. rule of thumb.. popular = more demand, can find anywhere, not popular = very rare and not so in demand.. smile_dead.gif

normally dealer order the car by batch order, the pre order are based on popular demand

for EWP. u have to ask the salesman for it. mention it u want EWP for ur car insurance.

mp420

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

mp420

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Many people now looking for Saga as Proton suddenly terminate the old car trade-in programme (doesn't remember the real programme name smile_big.gif ) and the new NAP that 15 years old car need to undergo an Puspakom inspection. Not surprise Saga out of stock at the moment. Proton well benefited from the NAP. tongue.gif

If u want urgent, u have to choose the colour that available. The colour u mention is less production by Proton. I like the purple colour also. smile_big.gif Normally the manufacturer offer 2 years warranty. The EWP is offer by insurance company. Normally salesman/girl will say 5 years warranty. I don't know why he/she says 2 years to u (maybe he/she too sincere).

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang

SplitFire

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (padhma @ Nov 18 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just called the salesman to give me any colour that is available and to my shock I have been told there is zero stock of proton saga whole of Malaysia!!!!!!!!!!
Padhma

Aiyoh...wait till demand higher then salesmen will ask for under table money for jump Q lor.... Just like in the 90's when I bought my Iswara Aeroback. Dem under table RM4K. smile_disapprove.gif Else wait one and a half year.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

Jumpman23

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
They always screwed up, Jelita Menawan bankrupt because Proton don't want to deliver car on time to them, end up they roll up the business.

mosh

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:33 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (padhma @ Nov 18 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Padhma

really ar?? i just send in my savvy at COE for service today.. ask the salesman about this.. they said no such thing.. car delivery as per usual order..

u kena con by that salesman ah ? smile_shock.gif

ntc2000

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:38 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Nov 20 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really ar?? i just send in my savvy at COE for service today.. ask the salesman about this.. they said no such thing.. car delivery as per usual order..

u kena con by that salesman ah ? smile_shock.gif

yalor... a lot of stock available ler.

padhma

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:14 AM

padhma

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

QUOTE (SplitFire @ Nov 19 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aiyoh...wait till demand higher then salesmen will ask for under table money for jump Q lor.... Just like in the 90's when I bought my Iswara Aeroback. Dem under table RM4K. smile_disapprove.gif Else wait one and a half year.

This is exactly what I thought. It is happening. A good and efficient car manufacturer would have stepped up production the day an increase in demand was noted - maybe in March. I also heard that there is a problem between Proton and the vendors. Hope not another round of increase in price.
When demand is high Proton doesn't step up production. Not very good in doing business. Might as well sell it to someone efficient. When demand not high Proton doesn,t step down production - plenty lying in the yard and rusting!!!
Have paid only RM200 for booking and bank loan approved. Maybe I should forego the deposit and jump ship to perodua for the MYVI - latest edition. Ready stock available. Friends are also thinking along the same line.
Thanks for responding.
Regards,
Padhma

mosh

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:23 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (padhma @ Nov 20 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what I thought. It is happening. A good and efficient car manufacturer would have stepped up production the day an increase in demand was noted - maybe in March. I also heard that there is a problem between Proton and the vendors. Hope not another round of increase in price.
When demand is high Proton doesn't step up production. Not very good in doing business. Might as well sell it to someone efficient. When demand not high Proton doesn,t step down production - plenty lying in the yard and rusting!!!
Have paid only RM200 for booking and bank loan approved. Maybe I should forego the deposit and jump ship to perodua for the MYVI - latest edition. Ready stock available. Friends are also thinking along the same line.
Thanks for responding.
Regards,
Padhma

if u wud like to go for the latest mivi, im not against it . a very versatile compact car smile_thumbup.gif ..
the price tag is kindda the same par with the bigger persona.. much more more expensive than B-line saga.. no offence bro, if money didn't bother u. y bother for a saga in the first place. recomended to go for more upclass sedan or compact.

with mivi prepare to drive with a very long face.. smile_big.gif