Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mazda 8 Owners

• Please log in to reply

Teighlour

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:05 AM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Dear Mazda 8 owners:

This thread is for all new owners of Mazda 8 to share their experience with the MPV. Although new on the road, I believe there are already comments on the car itself, the after sales service, fuel consumption, accessories, even TT with all other owners, etc. Please feel free to drop your comments. Cheers. smile_cool.gif
Teighlour

surveychan

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

surveychan

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (Teighlour @ Oct 16 2010, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Mazda 8 owners:

This thread is for all new owners of Mazda 8 to share their experience with the MPV. Although new on the road, I believe there are already comments on the car itself, the after sales service, fuel consumption, accessories, even TT with all other owners, etc. Please feel free to drop your comments. Cheers. smile_cool.gif

Apart from unintelligent head rest monitor plus no central locking there is another issue. Strong sourish smell omitting hourly from air con. Ipoh 3S centre been acknowledged during 1K service but still no response after 6 weeks.... Any M8 owner have the same issue smile_question.gif
surveychan

Teighlour

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
I thought the aircond is the "nanoe ion" system that can purify the air in the car? Then you better put more air purifier in the car.

QUOTE (surveychan @ Oct 18 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apart from unintelligent head rest monitor plus no central locking there is another issue. Strong sourish smell omitting hourly from air con. Ipoh 3S centre been acknowledged during 1K service but still no response after 6 weeks.... Any M8 owner have the same issue smile_question.gif

Teighlour

surveychan

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

surveychan

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (Teighlour @ Oct 19 2010, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the aircond is the "nanoe ion" system that can purify the air in the car? Then you better put more air purifier in the car.

That's what we assumed with "Nanoe Ion" we don't need additional air purifier. However it turn out otherwise, so what's the use of "Nanoe Ion" in the 1st place? Anybody want to share this?? Presently me missus placed bamboo charcoal below the seat & wait for results.
Teighlour, are you still waiting for your M8?
surveychan

choock23

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

choock23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Surveychan, you got your Mazda8 in Ipoh? Besides the smelling problems, anything else you are not satisfy with Mazda8 ?I am planning to get one too and I live in Ipoh. Any free gifts from Chin 3s when you book your car? Maybe I should pay you a visit and see what is the sourish smell you encountering now.

surveychan

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

surveychan

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (choock23 @ Oct 19 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Surveychan, you got your Mazda8 in Ipoh? Besides the smelling problems, anything else you are not satisfy with Mazda8 ?I am planning to get one too and I live in Ipoh. Any free gifts from Chin 3s when you book your car? Maybe I should pay you a visit and see what is the sourish smell you encountering now.

choock23
Yeap, got me M8 from Chin 3S Ipoh. Not satisfy on centre locking plus unintelligent headrest monitor.... free gift not much,Chin 3S just gave me full tank of RON 97 plus RM300 tinted glass voucher. Me don't fancy much about the free gift but emphasis more on the delivery date & the flawless condition before you pay down payment.
If you plan to get one I could introduce you to the sales manager & probably we could collect the introduction fees to buy us seafood dinner.
surveychan

Teighlour

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Sorry for the late reply bro surveychan. I'm really frustrated the last few days. This are the reasons for to share with every readers:

1. I booked my car thru Dunia Prestasi Auto in Glenmarie
2. Booked on 15 July
3. Promise date is 2 months delivery. Agreed a value for my car to be traded in.
4. Loan approved in August, reduced loan further And got approval in Sept
5. SA said cars coming into port klang end of Sept, need clearance from customs and then inspection before releasing the car.....waited patiently.
6. On 19 Oct, the SA brought the 2nd hand car dealer to inspect my car to be traded in (Kenari FYI). Dealer now lowered the offer, I was frustrated. Dealer said it's coming to year end so the offer is now lower, what crap Asked SA to find a way to pay back the difference. SA said she can't help. Now I gotta top up difference. I issuedmy cheque to the SA on that day.
7. SA proceeded to do the registration. Thought I could drive out the car from the showroom on either on 23 or 24 Oct but no, stupid runner obtained my geran but no road tax. Weekend already and have to wait till Monday, 26 Oct.
8. 2nd hand dealer came to collect my far on 22 Oct, leaving me with no transport. The dealer has to pick up the car so that he can issue the cheque to Dunia Prestasi.
9. Asked Dunia Prestasi for relief car, can't even offer one Kancil. So I've lost of income on 22,23,25,26 Oct. As a salesman, I need to move from one place to another.
10. This sums up my frustration even before getting the car.
11. Promise of 2 months delivery became more then 3 months, bad trade in value and the offer can change, no relief car. Even when I bought my Hyundai, the SA offers me his far for a day while waiting for my car to arrive.

QUOTE (surveychan @ Oct 19 2010, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what we assumed with "Nanoe Ion" we don't need additional air purifier. However it turn out otherwise, so what's the use of "Nanoe Ion" in the 1st place? Anybody want to share this?? Presently me missus placed bamboo charcoal below the seat & wait for results.
Teighlour, are you still waiting for your M8?

Teighlour

Teighlour

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Bro, is Chin3S the only dealer in Ipoh? If you read one of the threads in this Mazda Mall, there's A complaint from a buyer for M2 in that branch. Anyway, I was offered a RM500 voucher for the tinting with Raytech I ended up topping up RM1400.

QUOTE (surveychan @ Oct 19 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
choock23
Yeap, got me M8 from Chin 3S Ipoh. Not satisfy on centre locking plus unintelligent headrest monitor.... free gift not much,Chin 3S just gave me full tank of RON 97 plus RM300 tinted glass voucher. Me don't fancy much about the free gift but emphasis more on the delivery date & the flawless condition before you pay down payment.
If you plan to get one I could introduce you to the sales manager & probably we could collect the introduction fees to buy us seafood dinner.

Teighlour

choock23

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

choock23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I am going to make my booking soon. Surveychan, how long it take for u to collect the car? I heard few bad complaints in this forum regards Chin3s. Now is wondering how is their services. Teighlour got himself 500 tinted voucher, don know Chin3s can offer or not.

Teoghlour, feel sorry to hear your story. Yes, sometimes when we people buy new car, it should be a happy things, end up spoiled by unprofessional sales person. Always want to make business by telling lies. Hopefully I am not that lucky one.

Wondering I should book my car in KL or Ipoh? William, Do you have better offer other than full tank petrol and 500 tinted voucher? Anyone?

williaml

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Just to mention again, Mazda8 is a new launched model hence there is no promotion for model, those full tank or tint voucher are freebie from the sales person / dealer, nothing involved with Bermaz. Over here, car selling not allowed, if you want to talk further on your purchase, you may PM me, the proper channel.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT