Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Volvo S80 2.5T

• Please log in to reply

pat1988

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
Has anyone bought this car? Care to share your experiences? smile_question.gif

ikus

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
the S80 2.5T are meant for relaxing drive only, the soft leather seats are very comfortable for long distance travelling..but when it comes to the ability of taking highspeed cornering, the car doesn't handle well...
Mr. Romeo

pat1988

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (ikus @ Sep 3 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the S80 2.5T are meant for relaxing drive only, the soft leather seats are very comfortable for long distance travelling..but when it comes to the ability of taking highspeed cornering, the car doesn't handle well...

Yes, a real pity, since the specs are so good on paper. If it handled well and has navigation, they would have been onto a winner. Judging by forum (non) response, it would appear that few have bought this car.

ryanlcw78

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:04 PM

ryanlcw78

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (pat1988 @ Sep 1 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone bought this car? Care to share your experiences? smile_question.gif

it is a nice car. interior simple but just nice. powerful car if goin for remap. a very fun car to drive. if upgrade to 19" heico rim. perfect match. max hp after remap is 258hp.

swttsk

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

swttsk

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
When i took delivery of my S80 I was appalled by the horribly soft handling. First I checked the tyre pressures - it was Ok, so I brought it back to the Volvo centre and asked the engineer to sit in with me as we went around PJ over every pothole and bump. The engineer refused to admit that the suspension was not suited for malaysian roads with the excuse that it was tuned by the Swedes and the local marketing team wanted it to be softer than a Merc. Taking a corner at 110 kph was scary what more if you are sitting at the back and getting yourself tossed around. I had to ask my driver to slow down as i was on ther verge of ######ng unto my lap. After countless emails and getting the same excuse I asked them if they can fit a firmer set of shocks at my cost; no they can't and they also refused to give me permission to change it myself as it will void my warranty. i went ahead and had it changed by an outside workshop. But the model is so new apparently the mounting was different from the previous S80 and the workshop had to modify something to mount it. Even then the front and back were still not comfortable - a day trip to JB left me sore all over due to the bumpiness. Sent it back to the workshop 3 times to finetune the front then the back suspension and finally got it to my liking - then last night a motorcyclist whacked into my front wheel, broke my tyre and sent my alignment off. And that was only the suspension.

I will spare you from the rest of it unless you have time to kill

thank you

whitestorm

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
QUOTE (swttsk @ Sep 24 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When i took delivery of my S80 I was appalled by the horribly soft handling. First I checked the tyre pressures - it was Ok, so I brought it back to the Volvo centre and asked the engineer to sit in with me as we went around PJ over every pothole and bump. The engineer refused to admit that the suspension was not suited for malaysian roads with the excuse that it was tuned by the Swedes and the local marketing team wanted it to be softer than a Merc. Taking a corner at 110 kph was scary what more if you are sitting at the back and getting yourself tossed around. I had to ask my driver to slow down as i was on ther verge of ######ng unto my lap. After countless emails and getting the same excuse I asked them if they can fit a firmer set of shocks at my cost; no they can't and they also refused to give me permission to change it myself as it will void my warranty. i went ahead and had it changed by an outside workshop. But the model is so new apparently the mounting was different from the previous S80 and the workshop had to modify something to mount it. Even then the front and back were still not comfortable - a day trip to JB left me sore all over due to the bumpiness. Sent it back to the workshop 3 times to finetune the front then the back suspension and finally got it to my liking - then last night a motorcyclist whacked into my front wheel, broke my tyre and sent my alignment off. And that was only the suspension.

thank you

Just curious, did you not do a test drive prior to your purchase? Or get your driver to test drive it while you sat behind (no offense meant, just that you mentioned you had a driver hence I believe you would end up in the backseat most of the time)

Or did you mean to say that the car you took delivery had a diff suspension set-up compared to the test drive car?

pat1988

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (whitestorm @ Sep 24 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious, did you not do a test drive prior to your purchase? Or get your driver to test drive it while you sat behind (no offense meant, just that you mentioned you had a driver hence I believe you would end up in the backseat most of the time)

Or did you mean to say that the car you took delivery had a diff suspension set-up compared to the test drive car?

I broke this rule also: Always test drive before you buy! Luckily, the W212 suspension is very good and good for cornering also. smile_thumbup.gif

I don't think the S80 2.5 is a very new model, just this face lift is new. Therefore, it should be possible to get tried and tested uprated suspension systems from people like Bilstein, Koni and Sachs. Why not google them and ask? smile_question.gif

swttsk

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:41 PM

swttsk

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (pat1988 @ Sep 25 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I broke this rule also: Always test drive before you buy! Luckily, the W212 suspension is very good and good for cornering also. smile_thumbup.gif

I don't think the S80 2.5 is a very new model, just this face lift is new. Therefore, it should be possible to get tried and tested uprated suspension systems from people like Bilstein, Koni and Sachs. Why not google them and ask? smile_question.gif

I shouldn't have taken things for granted. I have tested the S40, S60T and have been driven around in the earlier S80 2.0T. Thought I know what to expect from Volvo. There is no substitute for feeling it yourself before committing to a purchase.

V406198

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (swttsk @ Sep 24 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you

wonder are your S80 the one that fitted the Hotbit suspension from speedworks ?

Btw, just know the new S80 suspension are sharing same as new Xc60..
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

PuPPy

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

PuPPy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
A fren of mine bought a 2.0T for less than 200k for a pre reg months ago.
Heard recently the 2.5T has big discount for new one too.
anyone can update here?