Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bi-xenon Headlights For Waja

• Please log in to reply

jayson13

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

jayson13

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 28 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes bro, always go back hometown mah.... and is urban area.... a lot animal cross road mah... am fed up with all those osram NB, CB bulb, cannot last long 1...

aiya...i think i also need to pasang redi..
a lot of motorbikes hor..the bulb also spoil 1(i dont know y le, OSRAM also i think)... u can only see when it is like 3 - 5 ft in front of u ...

smile_angry.gif

cfa

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 28 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cfa bro, general speaking ... cps xenon is more than enough alr... if u afraid not enough bright during rainy day, just throw in another pair of spotlight which is 3000k and upgrade its bulb to branded bulb.

Yes, for rainy days cos the xenon lights is white in colour, I find that it tends to blend with the rain water and a bit difficult to see the road, hence have to switch on the fog lights. But the fog lights of the Waja is less powerful than the Gen2. How do I do what u just said, is it to change the bulb of the normal / other lamp (not the Xenon lights).

QUOTE (cmpong @ Dec 28 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back to basic, Wira/ Persona halogen bulb consists of 2 filaments
i) low beam - the 55w filament is shielded (a cover to block the light from shinning to the sky)
ii) high beam - the 60w filament is unshielded (no cover, the light will shine everywhere it like)

Waja, 1 bulb 1 filament.
i) low beam bulb - covered by projector lense so that it will not shine to sky
ii) high beam bulb - uncovered - it shines everywhere

Xenon

Wira/ Persona - no filament as it is xenon gas charged. how to achieve low and high beam in 1 "bulb"? use a mechanism to change the angle of the cover
low beam- half open cover
high beam- no cover

Waja
i) low beam - use the uncovered xenon "bulb" - the light angle is control by the lense so don't shine to sky
ii) high beam - "bulb" available is originally uncovered. if use on the high beam, it shine to the sky. Imagine 2 Xenon "bulbs" shine at you instead of 1?

Continental car
OEM Bi-Xenon - use 1 Xenon "bulb" but change the angle when in high beam, same as aftermarket type Wira.

Cfa, hope you do understand better now. Suggest you learn about halogen bulb before moving on to Xenon "bulb".

Tks for your lenghty explanation but still a bit bluur. I understand how my low, xenon and high beam works. Just thought wheteher I could also have my high beam as xenon light but with what I said about the rain water, might not be a great idea after all.

cmpong

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

cmpong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (jayson13 @ Dec 28 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aiya...i think i also need to pasang redi..
a lot of motorbikes hor..the bulb also spoil 1(i dont know y le, OSRAM also i think)... u can only see when it is like 3 - 5 ft in front of u ...

smile_angry.gif

Why not try Philips Premium +30%, price only RM2-3 extra compare to standard one. From my experince Philips bulb last longer than Osram. When the low beam bulb blow, you can take out the high beam bulb and replace the low beam as temporary. Waja low beam = high beam = h1 bulb.

cmpong

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

cmpong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
A fog light is used to shine the road marker (road line) and not more than that. Cfa, you can adjust the the height of the original fog light by turning a white knob behind the fog lamp to increase it. The factory setting is too low. You can turn it using your bare hand and it is so easy.

The cheapest is to put a yellow tint to change the fog light to yellow in order to see the road marker better or the tint the headlight yellow but not to drive with yellow light on a normal day or else it will attract unwanted attention.

Still no good, then convert the halogen fog to Xenon type, then you can have "bi-xenon" (low/ fog beam). But xenon high voltage doesn't like water though...

nofear1979

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 28 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only 1 pair hella imitation spot light ler... not much ler... am thinking to install another pair next month... but afraid block the air flow for aircond cooler... might need to find suitable place to install...

yes bro, always go back hometown mah.... and is urban area.... a lot animal cross road mah... am fed up with all those osram NB, CB bulb, cannot last long 1...

another pair sport light on the root.. smile_thumbup.gif make it Bi-Xenon also smile_big.gif
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

ntc2000

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Dec 28 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another pair sport light on the root.. smile_thumbup.gif make it Bi-Xenon also smile_big.gif

u siao ah... sport light + Bi-Xenon, u want to make opponent car to bang me izzit...

must consider other driver also ler... smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

last time my configuration is like this... H1 is NB, and H3 is cool blue... I like this combination becoz the color thrown out a bit whitish and u still can see the road at rainy day... but the problem is it's lifespan too short since i always drive at night... after the bulb kantoi, i change to ciplak RM7.90 bulb + install another pair of sport light.... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

SplitFire

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 28 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u siao ah... sport light + Bi-Xenon, u want to make opponent car to bang me izzit...

must consider other driver also ler... smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

last time my configuration is like this... H1 is NB, and H3 is cool blue... I like this combination becoz the color thrown out a bit whitish and u still can see the road at rainy day... but the problem is it's lifespan too short since i always drive at night... after the bulb kantoi, i change to ciplak RM7.90 bulb + install another pair of sport light.... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Why not install a pair of those 12" Hella like those Pajero did? Can shine up to 1km... smile_big.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

jayson13

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

jayson13

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Dec 29 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not install a pair of those 12" Hella like those Pajero did? Can shine up to 1km... smile_big.gif

got batman logo there? smile_tongue.gif

cfa

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:09 AM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (cmpong @ Dec 28 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A fog light is used to shine the road marker (road line) and not more than that. Cfa, you can adjust the the height of the original fog light by turning a white knob behind the fog lamp to increase it. The factory setting is too low. You can turn it using your bare hand and it is so easy.

The cheapest is to put a yellow tint to change the fog light to yellow in order to see the road marker better or the tint the headlight yellow but not to drive with yellow light on a normal day or else it will attract unwanted attention.

Still no good, then convert the halogen fog to Xenon type, then you can have "bi-xenon" (low/ fog beam). But xenon high voltage doesn't like water though...

Did not know this, will try over the weekend. Tks

alldisc

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Dec 28 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, for rainy days cos the xenon lights is white in colour, I find that it tends to blend with the rain water and a bit difficult to see the road, hence have to switch on the fog lights. But the fog lights of the Waja is less powerful than the Gen2. How do I do what u just said, is it to change the bulb of the normal / other lamp (not the Xenon lights).

Tks for your lenghty explanation but still a bit bluur. I understand how my low, xenon and high beam works. Just thought wheteher I could also have my high beam as xenon light but with what I said about the rain water, might not be a great idea after all.

if i am not mistaken the OEM HID in Waja CPS is using sumting like 4500K system. try change bulb to 6500K.

let me quote sumting from wikipedia...

Colour
The correlated colour temperature of HID headlamp bulbs, at between 4100K and 4400K, is often described in marketing literature as being closer to the 6500K of sunlight compared with tungsten-halogen bulbs at 3000K to 3550K. Nevertheless, HID headlamps' light output is not similar to daylight. The spectral power distribution (SPD) of an automotive HID headlamp is discontinuous, while the SPD of a filament lamp, like that of the sun, is a continuous curve. Moreover, the colour rendering index (CRI) of tungsten-halogen headlamps (≥0.98) is much closer than that of HID headlamps (~0.75) to standardised sunlight (1.00). Studies have shown no significant safety effect of this degree of CRI variation in headlighting