Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Owner Of Honda Elysion Here?

• Please log in to reply

mt88

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

mt88

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Nov 17 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Elysions come with heater at its aircond system. It is quite annoying especially when outside temp is low. Came across the situation when near Bkt.Tinggi/Genting area. It was raining, so surrounding temp was only 23-24C and my aircond was set at 24C. In this situation, aircond system activated the heater to heat up the interior air to be at 24C smile_disapprove.gif So now I am looking forward to disable the heater.

If I may suggest, dont meddle with your heater. If you dont like a warm temp just decrease the temp to 22. Manually set the air flow (mode button) to upper part only.

The heater is usefull to warm up the leg during cold wheather like in genting. You can set it warm at the foot and cold on the upper part. Likewise your passenger can set up his or her own temp if desires. It is a dual mode. If you adjust temp from the driver side it will automatically adjust all unless you press the dual mode button.

The heater is also part of the whole a/c system and it is needed to dries up the evaporator to prolong its lifespan. You have one rather advance system in your car smile.gif

mt88

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

mt88

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Oct 4 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it seems to me the engine ECU is pretty aggresive to go into ECO mode. Whenever I drive leisurely, it goes into ECO mode, even at 40km/h. Surprised but at that speed, the real time km/l figure was not that good; 8-10km/l.

It is one of its the drawback of eco setting but easily overcome by pressing the D3 button on your gear lever. On D3 the car become more responsive suitable for driving around on lower speed as it wont go into overdrive gear to eagerly. What Honda needs is a simply a button selection eco and sport and adjust its ecu accordingly smile.gif

mt88

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

mt88

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Nov 30 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some will say why can buy big car but worry about FC? Well its just me I guess. Being GREEN is the operative word here.

Quite true, but if I were to be honest I would say those who say "why can buy big car but worry about FC" is either jealous or to cover inadequacy. If something better available why not? In truth, who doesn’t like high achiever? smile.gif

I use Alphard 3L before and now latest downgrade to 2.4L along with Ely. Both alphards cannot even go near what Ely 3L offer in performance and in efficiency.

roselan58

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (mt88 @ Dec 11 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read that forum before I bought the car. I went hunting for MPVs for two months in April & May '09 tested estima (06 & 07) 2.4L & 3.5L, alphard & elysion. I am facinated with the technologies Ely uses but most dealers don't know what variations installed in the 3.0 litres Elysions nor their functions. Price only matters.

I am glad with what I have even its only a VX that fits my budget, wonder what VZ extras would look & feel like.

Regards.

smile_cool.gif

mt88

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

mt88

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (roselan58 @ Dec 11 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read that forum before I bought the car. I went hunting for MPVs for two months in April & May '09 tested estima (06 & 07) 2.4L & 3.5L, alphard & elysion. I am facinated with the technologies Ely uses but most dealers don't know what variations installed in the 3.0 litres Elysions nor their functions. Price only matters.

I am glad with what I have even its only a VX that fits my budget, wonder what VZ extras would look & feel like.

Regards.

smile_cool.gif

If those dealers dont know elysion, doesnt mean we shouldnt smile.gif
Let the well informs be rewarded for their effort.

VX is quite ideal. Nice Elysion you have.

The VZ RR4 gives additional IHCC inteligent highway cruise control. The wave sensor in the front grill will alert the system to maintain the distance while cruising with cruise control on. Should the car in front slows down the ecu will adjust the speed automatically plus a voice alert. It will go back to preset speed only when no more obstacles. The instruction in the multi info meter display is in Japanese.

VZ

roselan58

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (mt88 @ Dec 11 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If those dealers dont know elysion, doesnt mean we shouldnt smile.gif
Let the well informs be rewarded for their effort.

VX is quite ideal. Nice Elysion you have.

The VZ RR4 gives additional IHCC inteligent highway cruise control. The wave sensor in the front grill will alert the system to maintain the distance while cruising with cruise control on. Should the car in front slows down the ecu will adjust the speed automatically plus a voice alert. It will go back to preset speed only when no more obstacles. The instruction in the multi info meter display is in Japanese.

VZ

Hi MT,

Yeah I read that too. biggrin.gif

WOW ohmy.gif do u have that Leong? Are yours also comes with the CMS and night vision? I heard those features Ely got them since 2003 are now on the new high price Beemers.

Maybe you should take us all for a ride to Alamanda Putrajaya, I can belanja u all Nandos (only kind that fit my budget). trink28.gif

Regards,

smile_cool.gif

leongts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
roselan,

Are you refering to me? VZ, VZ....................I wish smile_tongue.gif I think you mush have mistaken me for someone else. Mine only a VG, lowest spec among the 3litres. But I had driven a VZ b4............in my dreams 059.gif

mt88,

Welcome smile_thumbup.gif Great to have you visiting us here. If you're in town, do tell us as we can go for teh tarik or something.

wka

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

wka

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Hi MT welcome. I've read your review in another forum and that has convinced me to buy Eli. Hope you will visit here more frequently. Finally got my 3.0 Eli VX after 2 months waiting.

I have a question hope all the sifu can help. Today when I drive to KLIA cruised around 100-120km/h, suddenly I feel the fuel pedal give a rough feeling(like passing rough road) few times. Is that normal? Sorry my elaboration not that good hope you can understand what I mean.

Hi Roselan,

What year is your Eli? How much you bought it?

roselan58

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:23 AM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (wka @ Dec 12 2009, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi MT welcome. I've read your review in another forum and that has convinced me to buy Eli. Hope you will visit here more frequently. Finally got my 3.0 Eli VX after 2 months waiting.

I have a question hope all the sifu can help. Today when I drive to KLIA cruised around 100-120km/h, suddenly I feel the fuel pedal give a rough feeling(like passing rough road) few times. Is that normal? Sorry my elaboration not that good hope you can understand what I mean.

Hi Roselan,

What year is your Eli? How much you bought it?

Hi WKA,

smile_thumbup.gif Congratulations!

I recommend u to try the DBW to cruise on the highway if u were not in hurry. Maximum speed allowed u can set to cruise is 110km/h. Go easy on the throttle, it is a sleeping beast rolleyes.gif before you know r speeding at 160km/h.

I never felt that rough feeling.

My VX (Aero HDD Navi, leather seats) Ely is a re-cond 2004 and the mileage was +50k. You know that the market price for re-cond ranges when u scouted around.

Regards,

smile_cool.gif

mt88

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:34 PM

mt88

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Thank you for the welcome guys.

Leongts, will take a rain check on the teh tarik smile.gif

Roselan58, drove my bro VZ before. His driver said the car was too advance and too confusing for him and ended up never touch all those extras not even the d3 button, just on, drive and off biggrin.gif

For me I am happy enough with VG. I have upgraded to VX interior specs somewhat. All I need is already there so I dont feel like adding anything. My normal exchange schedule has passed but I still cannot get a suitable replacement for the elysion. New alphard is ok but I dont enjoy driving it so I leave it to our driver to drive. Our 2.4L Alphard manage to average 7.8 km/l way below 3L ely.

Wka, is it sort of vibration from engine? Few possibilities.

1st possibility, engine vibration. solution: major servicing: change sparkplugs, clean air passage, change air filter, change fuel filter, replace transmission oil +engine

2. Vibration caused by worn engine mounting, solution change mountings

3. Vibration caused by torque converter, when engine is undecided to go into overdirve or not. This is unlikely unless it has clock in a very high mileage or poor maintanance.

4. Vibration due to tires and suspension. Solution check your tire, balanced it, alligned it and check the suspension.

Hope that helps