Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

5008 Owners List

• Please log in to reply

world123

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

world123

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts

1) Nasim is a #$%%% and is not in business to sell and service cars.
2) My Peugeot 508 landed in workshop and waiting for part for 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) What is the use of warranty and empty promises of 5 years service and support if I can not drive my car for 21 days.
4) I wonder how does Nasim qualify itself to be Peugeot distributor. Nasim should be just selling nasik lemak and it can do anything it wishes. DAMN IT.

5) I am given a Peugeot careline 1-800-88-6292 and the no one is there to answer the questions.
6) As usual you were asked to leave messages and promises of call back. IDIOT and BULLSHIT, the damn managers are avoiding me, damn it.

7) Why appoint NAsim who does not know how to plan proactively to support customers.

8) The biggest JOKE of all, my car is only 1 year OLD and fully imported. Today it is still sitting in the workshop waiting for aircond compressor ?????????????????????
to make Nasim a distributor.

caliber

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

caliber

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Just purchased second hand peugeot 5008 last week. Was
sent to peugeot balakong service centre by the second hand
dealer. This is a 2011 June unit. Unfortunately, bluetooth set
stolen one set. The used car dealer got to replace it for me.
Shame to hear that service centre person has this kind of
attitude. Wont go there after this.

Secondly, there is loosen part at the back. Not sure coming
from where. Thought that it is from the bushes that having
loosen connection. Anybody having this problem. Could be due
to seat. Checking but feel tjat it came from rear and
underneath the car.

I thought the warranty is for five years but careline told
me it was covered for 3 years unless original owner extend
it another 2 years. Confuse on this.

So far, the car is good. Handling is much better than japs.
Nice car.

shinobee

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

shinobee

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
On year 2014 Jan, I actually decided to choose 5008, unfortunately, I change my mind because of the third roll seat...
Me and my wife discussed and finally get Peugeot 3008..
Like the handling and so far no regret on 3008

ckl050877

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (shinobee @ Feb 23 2014, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On year 2014 Jan, I actually decided to choose 5008, unfortunately, I change my mind because of the third roll seat...
Me and my wife discussed and finally get Peugeot 3008..
Like the handling and so far no regret on 3008

Of course, just 1 month old. Not to scare you, just wait and see. Hope that you are the only lucky guy! I enjoy my 308T with no problem for the first 2 years. After that I keep visiting service center and keep complaining to customer careline, partly due to I am too fussy and high requirement, partly are really due to car problems.

ckl050877

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (caliber @ Oct 31 2013, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just purchased second hand peugeot 5008 last week. Was
sent to peugeot balakong service centre by the second hand
dealer. This is a 2011 June unit. Unfortunately, bluetooth set
stolen one set. The used car dealer got to replace it for me.
Shame to hear that service centre person has this kind of
attitude. Wont go there after this.

underneath the car.

Nice car.

Balakong? Ha, better do not go there! After my frustrating experience with PJ Jln222. Chan Sao LIn and Kota Damanasara centers, I thought wanted to try Balakong. Tell you what! They could not even handled my booking. I booked a date, then I called to change to new date. They did call me to verify the change and called ma to remind me the service date. I took leave and reached there. My booking was not in their list. After checked, They even put my car registration number wrongly on the original date. They did call to double confirm, therefore, heard wrongly this kind of stupid reason was totally not acceptable. Whatever happened was pass, I asked their service manaher how could he help. From the booking of 9am, he asked me to come back on another day! After I told him I insisted to check on the same day, he arranged me the last customer, considered me as walk in customer . He would only handle my car after the last customer booking at 2pm. I came from Shah Alam all the way to Balakong, faced the traffic jam early morning to this service center. He asked me to wait there until 3pm (I assume the last customer need about 1hour to be done)? Or should I back to home first? But by the time, even if they managed to get my car done, I might need to face another round of traffic jam.
At the end? Of course, I left it with no hesitation. They did not even check me after I did not turn up the time. They still called me to remind me based on initially booking date!
All rubbish!

Loosen part? I face it seriously for 308T. The rattling noise come from everywhere. The service center just told me they could not hear it. After I showed them patiently, then they have no choice and admitted they heard it too. From the conversion, I can sense that they blamed me for too fussy!

I think June 20011 is about the transition period where they change from 3yrs to 5 yrs warranty. They also sent me letter a few times, asked me to extend another 2 yrs warranty. What for if I upgrade to 5yrs? Better make it short so that I can find a good sifu outside rather than keep facing these kind of "professional" people!

ndlow

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

ndlow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (caliber @ Oct 31 2013, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
underneath the car.

Nice car.

Loose part at the back? Not sure if yours has the same sound, but mine is coming from the right side somewhere in the vicinity of the suspension (I think). Shudders loudly every time the car hits a somewhat sharp bump.

This has been, together with the overall lack of ride refinement and sound insulation have been my main source of utter frustration with the this darn 5008. In optimism (or stupidity if you will), I sent it in to the Prai (Penang) SC, twice, each time submitting to the handicap of leaving the car there for a couple of days. Problem not fixed, I keep complaining, SC shuts down. Log complaint with Pug Careline KL (sounds so sweet, doesn't it), and they committed to 'escalating' the process for me. Case handed over to spanking new (I know, this is not going well) SC in Jelutong on the island. Car goes in, car comes out, attempts made, some parts replaced, results-NIL. Car goes in again, car comes out, result- NIL.

Current status, ridiculously expensive (hey, to us regular folk, this is a big deal) excuse of a car shudders, rattles and roar like it was designed by suspension engineers who never test drove their work on anything other than a manicured lawn. Multiple UK (we'll withhold names to curtail embarrassment) reviews list the Peugeot 5008 as having excellent ride and refinement. Sorry, the stuffy Brits sound like the have never driven Toyota Estimas or even the humble Innova for that matter. Compared to the Pug, the Orientals feel sublime in build.

'Handling' is another thing I keep hearing in Malaysian reviews and from the friendly uncle chap (happy Pug owner) I met in my who-knows-number-what visit to the SC mention. Let's be frank here. A fat bummed van like the 5008 isn't going to achieve anything that can be described as 'handling'- it pitches and rolls like a yacht.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

darrengan

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

darrengan

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi folks,
I just got my 5008 facelift 2 weeks ago. I notice the engine in roaring like a lion! It is so loud even it's not moving, kind of like Diesel engine or 5 year old engine.. I was told it is normal for conti car and the noise is from air on fan. Is this normal?

Also the moonroof retracts loudly too...

Any service center to recommend for 1st service?

Cheers!

azlan96

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

azlan96

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
I think this 5008 is a official Peugeot owned unit for media test drives. I wonder how the MPV feels at these speeds, not floaty?

stsum

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

stsum

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (azlan96 @ Jul 12 2014, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this 5008 is a official Peugeot owned unit for media test drives. I wonder how the MPV feels at these speeds, not floaty?

if you had try Continental car, you will know .

mdarshad06

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

mdarshad06

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
smile_thumbup.gif My 5008 supposed to be delivered tomorrow. smile_approve.gif Shark Gray