Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Battery: How To Remove The Plastic Housing To Reach It

• Please log in to reply

kenso

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
Anytime, bros ... Uncle D was the first one to post a step by step but as Andy said, he has restricted access to his blog and all the useful information is limited to a few

kaminski

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:07 AM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Aug 8 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anytime, bros ... Uncle D was the first one to post a step by step but as Andy said, he has restricted access to his blog and all the useful information is limited to a few

Great Post Kenso smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif
The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

beezbub

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

beezbub

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
yup, it's a great post. i've just taken out mine ytd & will upload some pics on where are other "catch"es that u need to press to take the parts out as well as the reason why some say their battery cover is loose ever since they changed battery - it's a human problem, not equipment.

kenso

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (beezbub @ Aug 9 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup, it's a great post. i've just taken out mine ytd & will upload some pics on where are other "catch"es that u need to press to take the parts out as well as the reason why some say their battery cover is loose ever since they changed battery - it's a human problem, not equipment.

Glad you could remove the battery ... looking forward to seeing your catches so that I can inspect mine to see if they're still intact.

beezbub

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

beezbub

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
Air intake plastic is held by only the fastener on one end and a bracket on the other end. So once you have loosen the fastener, you can't just pull it upwards, you have to press on the other end first (A onto a).

As for the battery cover clips, it's just like your cupboard clips. If your cover is abit loose, press on it just like how you close some of your cupboard door (B' onto b, B" onto b").

benfoo

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:57 AM

benfoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Thx for sharing...

QUOTE (beezbub @ Aug 13 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Air intake plastic is held by only the fastener on one end and a bracket on the other end. So once you have loosen the fastener, you can't just pull it upwards, you have to press on the other end first (A onto a).

As for the battery cover clips, it's just like your cupboard clips. If your cover is abit loose, press on it just like how you close some of your cupboard door (B' onto b, B" onto b").

alankkwong

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:35 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
Very detailed and good explanation!! Thanks!!
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

kaminski

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Sep 3 2010, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very detailed and good explanation!! Thanks!!

Yeah..maybe we need a DIY section...just a thought!
The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

pogostik

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

pogostik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
I just read a thread at Lowyat.Net about resetting the ECU. The interesting part is not about 'resetting the ECU' but is on how to disconnect the battery. They said the 'proper' way to disconnect the battery is by removing the -ve terminal first. But I think it's impossible to do that in 308 smile_clown.gif Anyone would like to comment regarding this matter?

randythoma

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

randythoma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thanks very informative! I've been trying to pry out some parts of the engine coz I want to boost my car's performance the engine bay is filled with many components so replacing the battery with a smaller one with same power and wattage would require a lot of conversion but very helpful in making space for new parts right?...
Drive Cars that are Green Powered