Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Feedback On 408 Please!

• Please log in to reply

mmaran

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

mmaran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi all,

I just test drove Pug 408 2.0 and was impressed by the stability and comfort. Before I decide to buy I wish to get some feedback from all the owners of this model. Any main problems with the car? How is the consumption both in town and on highway?

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

maran

tun76

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

tun76

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (mmaran @ Jan 18 2014, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I just test drove Pug 408 2.0 and was impressed by the stability and comfort. Before I decide to buy I wish to get some feedback from all the owners of this model. Any main problems with the car? How is the consumption both in town and on highway?

Regards,

maran

Try n check out on peugeot club Malaysia website.U can check out issues faced by 408 owners..I believe now they are giving 5years unlimited warranty and 5 years free service maintenance for the 408 models.
Good luck..

MASsenger

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (mmaran @ Jan 18 2014, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

Regards,

maran

At $95K it is really a very good bargain for a conti. No serious problems so far. 1 or 2 owners have complaint the following, which the SC have solved.
1) Water temp sensor faulty.
2) Water pump leak.
3) Engine stalled abruptly.
4) faulty brake disc.

No 2 sounds serious,but not really. ECU were reset and all ok, no further complaints. The car itself is good and worth the money. NAZA appears to be trying but needs to further improve support & service.

City FC is around 11L/100km and highway around 10L/100km. FC is really dependent on driving style. some have achieved better!

The REALdeal

lowpro

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
the 2.0 is a car i wouldn't mind recommending to my close friends and even relatives. when was the last time peugeot sold a c-segment 2.0 '4' series car below rm100k? value for money is 100% even when compared to the newest Altis or any other Japanese car. reliability is almost a given with the EW10 already being honed through the years. the 2.0 gets the EW10A+. i still don't quite like the over assisted steering but i think it is something that can be lived with or partly sorted with different tyres or even using the turbo's suspension later on.
Let's talk about driving again!

mmaran

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

mmaran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Jan 20 2014, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the 2.0 is a car i wouldn't mind recommending to my close friends and even relatives. when was the last time peugeot sold a c-segment 2.0 '4' series car below rm100k? value for money is 100% even when compared to the newest Altis or any other Japanese car. reliability is almost a given with the EW10 already being honed through the years. the 2.0 gets the EW10A+. i still don't quite like the over assisted steering but i think it is something that can be lived with or partly sorted with different tyres or even using the turbo's suspension later on.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I feel the same. The C-segment continental cars are seldom priced below RM100k. Will think about getting on more seriously this year!

mmaran

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

mmaran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jan 19 2014, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At $95K it is really a very good bargain for a conti. No serious problems so far. 1 or 2 owners have complaint the following, which the SC have solved.
1) Water temp sensor faulty.
2) Water pump leak.
3) Engine stalled abruptly.
4) faulty brake disc.

No 2 sounds serious,but not really. ECU were reset and all ok, no further complaints. The car itself is good and worth the money. NAZA appears to be trying but needs to further improve support & service.

City FC is around 11L/100km and highway around 10L/100km. FC is really dependent on driving style. some have achieved better!

Thanks for your feedback. Agree than below RM100k for c-segment conti is a good bargain. Will check the forum for other issues. Probably will be getting one, but need to shop around first. Appreciate your information.

mmaran

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

mmaran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (tun76 @ Jan 18 2014, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try n check out on peugeot club Malaysia website.U can check out issues faced by 408 owners..I believe now they are giving 5years unlimited warranty and 5 years free service maintenance for the 408 models.
Good luck..

Sure, will check on club website. Yes, 408 comes with 5 years service & warranty. Sound good. Probably will get one, but need to ask around first. Appreciate your feedback.

MASsenger

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Fancy this facelift.

http://www.cbt.com.m...1142184cafb.jpg

The REALdeal

tksinn

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

tksinn

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
What I can share is that the after-sales is horrible, even if you go to their HQ. Car stucked in Glenmarie for 1 month and costed me RM7k+ to fix.

If you're keen to know more, PM me and I'm happy to share my personal experience with their Service Centre and Peugeot Careline.

Personally, I will never buy this brand again and of course will never recommend this my friends. It may look cheap to buy but don't forget about the depreciation. Bought my 3008 in 2010 at RM145k. Today on Mudah, people are asking at RM80k+ only.

lowpro

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
the 408 2.0 is a much more reliable car than its turbo brethren simply because its engine has been honed for many years already and almost all kinks have been ironed out. it helps to have a simple engine with less electronics as well. less electronics = less things that can go wrong. so, the thing is this, if it is the 2.0 you're leaning towards, i would readily recommend it to you, my friends and also family.
Let's talk about driving again!