Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Fuel Pump Failure! - Common Problem For Waja?

• Please log in to reply

madet80

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

madet80

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Last 2 weeks when I drove at Kuala Selangor at midnight, I was speeding about 120km for overtaking some vehicles. Suddenly I press the fuel pedal till kena lantai but feel my car won't accelerate instead it de-accelerate. So I quickly jump to left lane, slow down a bit then my engine die!!.. stop beside the road. try to start again and again. Haihhhh... my engine just cracking only like fuel tak sampai. Next morning I go to see my bro-inlaw's mechanic. story the problem then he follow me to the unlucky car. I pop up the trunk - He said no need... "the problem isn't there". He open the passenger seat door and pop up the seat. revealing the 'look like hatch' to the fuel tank. He just replace that one and start the car. Wallaaa.. my car vrommmm vrommm again. That thing is called fuel pump and he said this is common problem for waja whether campro or mitsu.By the way, my mileage is 75k already and need to change it. I don't know how long it will last, forgot to ask him. It caused me around Rm350. This is my first breakdown on the road with my Campro since 2006. Just to share the experiance. smile_blackeye.gif

SplitFire

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (madet80 @ Sep 3 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last 2 weeks when I drove at Kuala Selangor at midnight, I was speeding about 120km for overtaking some vehicles. Suddenly I press the fuel pedal till kena lantai but feel my car won't accelerate instead it de-accelerate. So I quickly jump to left lane, slow down a bit then my engine die!!.. stop beside the road. try to start again and again. Haihhhh... my engine just cracking only like fuel tak sampai. Next morning I go to see my bro-inlaw's mechanic. story the problem then he follow me to the unlucky car. I pop up the trunk - He said no need... "the problem isn't there". He open the passenger seat door and pop up the seat. revealing the 'look like hatch' to the fuel tank. He just replace that one and start the car. Wallaaa.. my car vrommmm vrommm again. That thing is called fuel pump and he said this is common problem for waja whether campro or mitsu.By the way, my mileage is 75k already and need to change it. I don't know how long it will last, forgot to ask him. It caused me around Rm350. This is my first breakdown on the road with my Campro since 2006. Just to share the experiance. smile_blackeye.gif

A very common problem for Waja.

Mine already approaching 260k km still not yet change. I'm worried it might fail anytime. Touchwood.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

gjrforce

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

gjrforce

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
i change twist.

1st time is 15k km.
2nd time last another 130k km

get the OEM local will do,RM350-370.
no need Proton brand, RM600-700

dont get china mari which is only RM120-150
AMSoil, Mobil 1, Royal purple, Redline, Motul, Chevron, NGK, Denso, OWS, K&N

anashakimi

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

anashakimi

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
I just got the same problem last Sunday. I had to towed my car(RM70). Total cost tow+ fuel pump+fuel filter+workmanship RM895. Just exactly 1 week, yesterday when I drove suddently it just slowed down by itself but it did'nt not stop like last week but it continue like normal after that,but it happen many time. I took to the same mechanic he said nothing wrong when he check the computer system (which cost me RM60) He changed spark plug and put some oil treatment (total RM155) The problem still continues when I drove at night. The problem became worst when time for cornering. The car slowed down like wants to stop and my stering just dont't want to move. I stuck in the middle of traffic light. I off and start again, and it work again but everytime i enter cornering same thing happen. When I drove straight line, it's sloed down by it self many time and mati twice, again I switch off and start again..finally i reach home. Today i took taxi to office. Aiyo..

rickyoac

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
Haha i also kena.
Proton waja common problem.
Very very dangerousler. Imagine driving at highway more than 110km/h and when potong kereta, suddenly fuel cannot sampai.
Boom.....
Luckily the time my turn no car near me. But spoil mood. Going dating, driving waja. Balik naik kereta tunda. Me malu, ah moi pun malu.
A group of ah beng driving their wira kacau. Shooe........... Vroom... Vroom.......
Be Wise To Survive

madet80

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

madet80

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
anashakim.... next time will simpan 1 spare part in the boot. Happen next time can change it already.

kohf1drive

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (madet80 @ Sep 7 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anashakim.... next time will simpan 1 spare part in the boot. Happen next time can change it already.

wa lau eh

macam spare tire pulak!

ntc2000

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
i also worry about mine... hmmm...

campro version haven improve their fuel pump meh?

anashakimi

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

anashakimi

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
update about my car: After i changed my fuel pump last week, my car buat perangai lagi so went back to the same mechanic, Initally he told me that he used original fuel pump. I asked him to check the fuel pump but he said nothing wrong with the fuel pump instead he changed spark plug, and did oil treatment, damaged RM155. At night my car kong again, i had to cal my regular mechanic (i didn't trust the first one anymore) after he checked he said had to change fuel pump, that one cannot use, china mariiii, ayoyo kena tipu..Total damage RM825+155+720 (720 from 2nd mechanic)=RM1700. I went back to the 1st one, after big fight he gave me new fuel pump, for whattt! (he called supplier and changed new one..for him total damage 0) Since i'm new , not sure whether i can mention the shop name here..

kohf1drive

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (anashakimi @ Sep 9 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
update about my car: After i changed my fuel pump last week, my car buat perangai lagi so went back to the same mechanic, Initally he told me that he used original fuel pump. I asked him to check the fuel pump but he said nothing wrong with the fuel pump instead he changed spark plug, and did oil treatment, damaged RM155. At night my car kong again, i had to cal my regular mechanic (i didn't trust the first one anymore) after he checked he said had to change fuel pump, that one cannot use, china mariiii, ayoyo kena tipu..Total damage RM825+155+720 (720 from 2nd mechanic)=RM1700. I went back to the 1st one, after big fight he gave me new fuel pump, for whattt! (he called supplier and changed new one..for him total damage 0) Since i'm new , not sure whether i can mention the shop name here..

you can bro

just post it in the "know your car", there is 1 thread "blacklisted workshop"