Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

407 "prnd" Warning

• Please log in to reply

CYC

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
QUOTE (wheelz @ Nov 4 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CYC, i'm sure they can check it and fix it without needing to service the car. I'm surprised you haven't sent the car in already since its been a week already? Unless the fault has since gone away?

Still best to be sure wink.gif Good luck and do update us!

Wheelz,

I used to tat kinda of problems since day ONE i drove a Peugeot in year 2001. Engine Die Off , Gear Box Malfunction and etc.

I will send my car to KS next week, if am free, currently too busy ....

madzk

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

madzk

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (CYC @ Nov 1 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "PRND" Warning Sign came out on my 407's Display this morning. The gear seem cannot shift up. Anyone encounter tis problem b4. After restart my car, the warn sign disapear ...

Had these on my 2006 SW 2 yrs back. Basically your car will be in a limp mode with car going only in 2nd gear to protect the gearbox from damaging itself. Went to KS & found out that the frt right ABS not working after diagnosting with Peogeot Planet. Was told by the SA that the electronics in 407 are all interconnecting with each other i.e. when something failed, sometimes some other fault message will also come out. Had the ABS sensor replaced & till todate had never had it again !

Best is send it to the SA for a diagnose & replaced whatever covered under warranty that fails !! smile_thumbup.gif
madzk

308rcz

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

308rcz

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (CYC @ Nov 1 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "PRND" Warning Sign came out on my 407's Display this morning. The gear seem cannot shift up. Anyone encounter tis problem b4. After restart my car, the warn sign disapear ...

My advise beter you send this into authorise workshop for checking with scan tool.

chongpt

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

chongpt

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
QUOTE (ikus @ Nov 1 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe solenoid problem?

*and maybe chongpt can help you, coz last time his 407 gearbox oso got problem

I guess my case is the worst, even restart also it only solve for a while only. Got 1 time also the restart cause a big "bang" sound from the gearbox and it vibrate like want to drop off. The whole gearbox have to change. I waited for 11 weeks for that. But you maybe just ABS sensor. Go and check it out before major issue.

CYC

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:26 AM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
Till today, the "PRND" Warn sign came out for almost 6 times, definitely need to send to SC. Had made appointment next Monday. Will update you guy.

Now I really need to consider whether to buy 308THp for my wife or not ...

CYC

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:32 AM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
QUOTE (chongpt @ Nov 12 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess my case is the worst, even restart also it only solve for a while only. Got 1 time also the restart cause a big "bang" sound from the gearbox and it vibrate like want to drop off. The whole gearbox have to change. I waited for 11 weeks for that. But you maybe just ABS sensor. Go and check it out before major issue.

chongpt,
ur case even worst ...
but actually i used to this problematic "peugeot" already. From day 1 i drove a 206 ....

CYC

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
After sending car for diagnosed, They found that the Battery Failed to provide enough Ampere for Gearbox. Has replaced it for RM390++. Let's wait and see ....

sootienann

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:44 AM

sootienann

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
batery 390 so cheap? still under warranty ?

jslai67

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

jslai67

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hi,

my 407 displayed the PRND gearbox faulty alert during the 2 occasions below:

1. switching to manual mode, overtaking at M2, and let the RPM fly to 6,000 before it auto-engage into M3. The PRND alert will come out after 4 or 5 times. Even though the alert comes out, the shifting of gear manually or auto is functioning as normal. No abnormal sounds from gearbox whatsoever. After switch off engine and restart, alert disappears.

2. in auto or manual mode, speeding at 170 km/h and holding it for at least 10 minutes. The PRND alert will come out. Same as 1 above, all auto-shifting of gears function as normal. After switch off engine and restart, alert disappears.

So, sent to SC for Planet diagnose, and found ECU working properly. They requested to leave the car for minimum 2 weeks to check the system thoroughly. SC also requested to bring in the car when the alert is displayed.... >_<

Anyone had encountered these? I'm planning to leave my car to SC once I get a loaner....

jimmydean

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

jimmydean

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
I'd encountered such problem once but it disappear. Send to SC and they said they'd fix it.