Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 3008 - Issues

• Please log in to reply

MASsenger

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (ksb @ Jun 5 2013, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
could be you pump in problem fuel ron95 at certain time, at same station too.
i had that before, ron95 is dirty fuel, make my 308 almost cannot climb hill, totally lost of power.
after consume almost finish, pump to next station, power resume...

Are you running on RON97 now? And no problems?

The REALdeal

jmkoo

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

jmkoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
QUOTE (vince866 @ Jun 5 2013, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Koo,

Yes it fits all your descriptions! But they refuse to admit, what can I do?
last week the "Anti Pollution system faulty" warning triggered and I drove over to Glenmarie and they confirmed that the turbo us faulty and I have been pursuing regularly and still they are saying pending AP approval. Not sure how long to wait ... the car when crossing junction or round about will move and then pull back (slow down) ... very dangerous to drive.
Anyone faces turbo unit defective even at low mileage <50k km? How fast they rectify?

Vince

Is there no turbo boost at all or does the turbo cut in and out creating dangerous driving situation?

Entire turbo unit defective is quite rare, perhaps its the diverter valve that has torn?

Replacing the turbo unit would not take long, perhaps 1/2 day work, its not difficult to get to.

The challenge is identifying the correct faulty part as this code is a general fault code, can be caused by so many different parts. And i don't have much confidence in Glenmarie's troubleshooting skills.

After reading so many fault occuring, I decided to simulate my own by pulling out the diverter valve connecter which then disables the turbo. So I drove around with no turbo for a short while. The car feels heavy but it can reach 60km/h, though itaccelerates slowly.

vince866

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

vince866

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
QUOTE (jmkoo @ Jun 5 2013, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vince

Is there no turbo boost at all or does the turbo cut in and out creating dangerous driving situation?

Entire turbo unit defective is quite rare, perhaps its the diverter valve that has torn?

Replacing the turbo unit would not take long, perhaps 1/2 day work, its not difficult to get to.

The challenge is identifying the correct faulty part as this code is a general fault code, can be caused by so many different parts. And i don't have much confidence in Glenmarie's troubleshooting skills.

After reading so many fault occuring, I decided to simulate my own by pulling out the diverter valve connecter which then disables the turbo. So I drove around with no turbo for a short while. The car feels heavy but it can reach 60km/h, though itaccelerates slowly.

Hi Koo,

Its like what you said kick in and out until the car move fwd and then pull back and then got partial power again. It totally feels very uneasy to drive! As long as they quickly replace that turbo then I'm not so worried that it may just stopped by the road side.

My first time support a conti and the worst of experience I had. Jap still gives me value and satisfaction in terms of after sales support. sad.gif

ryanwilson

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

ryanwilson

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
i had that before, ron95 is dirty fuel, make my 308 almost cannot climb hill, totally lost of power.

True, different petrol have different impacts on our sensitive Peugeot.

From experience, BHP is the worst, every time i use, all faulty signs come out and Caltex is the best cos its Techron technology!

MASsenger

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
EP6CDTM has no problem with RON95. Have been using Esso for a year now and occasionally Petronas or BHP,all the time RON 95.

The REALdeal

pbm

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

pbm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jun 10 2013, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EP6CDTM has no problem with RON95. Have been using Esso for a year now and occasionally Petronas or BHP,all the time RON 95.

True, RON 95 can be used provided the quality is there.
Some kiosk just don't have that even RON 97 biggrin.gif
I always stick to the same kiosk for RON 97 smile_big.gif

Practice safe driving always

chargerguy

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
As a matter of fact, all RON95 can be used without any problem on Prince engine unless that particular station is polluted by contaminant such as water or such..The only diff with RON97 is better power with higher timing but not everyone able to feel the diff..smile.gif

1 cent

vince866

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

vince866

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Your suspicion of petrol quality has been ruled out with various testing on several occasions. Already confirmed by BB That the turbo unit is faulty two weeks ago. Pending approval from AP as to dun know when. It's a horrible experience to wait and the car is horrifying to drive with such behaviour.

Just for comparison purposes .. Same period of time - I bought a honda from Dealer A 2011 but due to location wise, I went to any Dealer B nearest to me, I lodged a complaint for the entire roof lining to be replaced to my surprised, they approved immediately and willingly. Not only this case but to all other matters too. This is a vast contrast of service level that Im getting from two different branding operation. What I referred to is Honda front liners already can make decision.

victorhoh

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

victorhoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
QUOTE (vince866 @ Jun 11 2013, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your suspicion of petrol quality has been ruled out with various testing on several occasions. Already confirmed by BB That the turbo unit is faulty two weeks ago. Pending approval from AP as to dun know when. It's a horrible experience to wait and the car is horrifying to drive with such behaviour.

Just for comparison purposes .. Same period of time - I bought a honda from Dealer A 2011 but due to location wise, I went to any Dealer B nearest to me, I lodged a complaint for the entire roof lining to be replaced to my surprised, they approved immediately and willingly. Not only this case but to all other matters too. This is a vast contrast of service level that Im getting from two different branding operation. What I referred to is Honda front liners already can make decision.

this is what we called "customer-centric" service. They will try to solve your problem, and please you. Not giving you more trouble.

ksb

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

ksb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jun 5 2013, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you running on RON97 now? And no problems?

No, ron95. Ron97 is smooth and power. Ron95 must depend hard on station(brand also) and the batch of fuel at the same station, same pump number. Ron97 is consistent. Ron95 sometime I kena sampah climb hill also totally NO power.