Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Wheezing Sound

• Please log in to reply

jymos

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

jymos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
My Kancil makes a sort of wheezing sound whenever I drive past bumps, but the car doesnt bounce up and down too much (just normal bounce). What could be the cause of it??

Also, I have changed aircond compressor twice for my 10yr old car. Right now, it is working fine. I'm wondering if there is any preventive maintenance I can do to prevent it from being broken in the future. Does the workshop hv to dismantle the entire aircond to check on the oil level??

Also, my new tyre has this annoying screeching sound at certain points whenever I do any cornering. IS there any way to rectify this?

Pls advise...thanks...

vr2turbo

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jymos @ Mar 27 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Kancil makes a sort of wheezing sound whenever I drive past bumps, but the car doesnt bounce up and down too much (just normal bounce). What could be the cause of it??

Also, I have changed aircond compressor twice for my 10yr old car. Right now, it is working fine. I'm wondering if there is any preventive maintenance I can do to prevent it from being broken in the future. Does the workshop hv to dismantle the entire aircond to check on the oil level??

Also, my new tyre has this annoying screeching sound at certain points whenever I do any cornering. IS there any way to rectify this?

Pls advise...thanks...

Your kancil got asthma...ha! ha! Joking smile_big.gif
The sound could be the air running through the valve in the absorbers, but not sure why so audible....

There is a debate of the air con thing in another post. Maintenance measure can be done for the air con like changed the oil, check the gas, clean the coil etc. This maintenance measure is not cheap either. Say if the air con lasted an extra two to three years, you still have to replace the compressor. Couple with the maintenance cost will the price be higher? This you will have to calculate....

Tyre screeching in corners means your tyres got no traction. Have to invest in better tyres....
Check your suspension setup also. (absorbers, alignment, camber etc...)

rdgs,

jymos

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

jymos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 27 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tyre screeching in corners means your tyres got no traction. Have to invest in better tyres....
Check your suspension setup also. (absorbers, alignment, camber etc...)

rdgs,

This happens after I changed the front 2 tyres. Goodyear. Been using that since I bought the car leh...

Cannot do anything kah?

vr2turbo

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jymos @ Mar 27 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This happens after I changed the front 2 tyres. Goodyear. Been using that since I bought the car leh...

Cannot do anything kah?

Did you change to the same model?
Can you give me the size and what air pressure are you using?

Rdgs,

jymos

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

jymos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 27 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you change to the same model?
Can you give me the size and what air pressure are you using?

Rdgs,

It's the standard tyre size for kancil...sorry cant recall the size. I been using Goodyear since I got the car and I normally pump air pressure ard 200. sounds ok? I don't get the screeching sound at every turning...only certain corners ..and usually the same corners smile.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jymos @ Mar 27 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the standard tyre size for kancil...sorry cant recall the size. I been using Goodyear since I got the car and I normally pump air pressure ard 200. sounds ok? I don't get the screeching sound at every turning...only certain corners ..and usually the same corners smile.gif

200 kpa is okay for the kancil.
Since you mention only certain corners, then most probably it is road condition rather than tyre problem.
Anyway, are they brand new. Maybe you need to scrub it for a while, like 500km before the tyres are season enough for full traction....

rdgs,