Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kancil's Aircond Problem

• Please log in to reply

TakTentu

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

TakTentu

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
QUOTE (arare @ Jan 18 2010, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tak tentu,

Seems like your air ventilation inside your engine compartment not good enuogh.
That's why when you open the bonnet your air become cooler coz fresh air come in.
Better you check your condensor fan functioning or not. If yes, then check the speed
of the fan.Afraid not rotate fast enough to cool the condensor.

Thanks for your advice.
actually, there are two problem
(1) the water/coolant need to be change.
Last month i drain out all water/coolant. The water is in red/orange color showing a lot of rust accumulated in the water/coolant. After put in new water/coolant the engine temperature is lower now.

(2) Yesterday i went to an aircond service shop. They said the compressor is very weak.
So i let them change the compressor. They have 2nd hand Kancil compressor which they import directly from Japan.
They said in Japan, people drive Mira for 3 or 4 years than change new car. the old car than taken apart and spare part are being export to Asian countries as 2nd hand spare part.
So now i have a 2nd hand compressor which is made in Japan.

Really happy with this 2nd hand compressor. My Kancil is now very cool even under hot sun even when car not running with only engine running at idle speed!

wenlmy66

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

wenlmy66

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (TakTentu @ Apr 6 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your advice.
actually, there are two problem
(1) the water/coolant need to be change.
Last month i drain out all water/coolant. The water is in red/orange color showing a lot of rust accumulated in the water/coolant. After put in new water/coolant the engine temperature is lower now.

(2) Yesterday i went to an aircond service shop. They said the compressor is very weak.
So i let them change the compressor. They have 2nd hand Kancil compressor which they import directly from Japan.
They said in Japan, people drive Mira for 3 or 4 years than change new car. the old car than taken apart and spare part are being export to Asian countries as 2nd hand spare part.
So now i have a 2nd hand compressor which is made in Japan.

Really happy with this 2nd hand compressor. My Kancil is now very cool even under hot sun even when car not running with only engine running at idle speed!

Hi! can you share where is the aircond service shop? Need help with the air cond too! TQ

Justicebao

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
Changed both of the front CV driveshaft joints for about RM450
Replaced the air cond compressor, cooling coil, filter and cleaning....RM900
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

rallychamp

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:49 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
it was found out that some other fren recommended to change stock kancil compressor with suzuki vitara (if not mistaken) compressor unit.....because it was using rotary type compressor and rob less power compared to piston type..but the real benefit/costs i'm not really sure tought....

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

antzan

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

antzan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Sep 1 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was found out that some other fren recommended to change stock kancil compressor with suzuki vitara (if not mistaken) compressor unit.....because it was using rotary type compressor and rob less power compared to piston type..but the real benefit/costs i'm not really sure tought....

So what have you done it..the vitara compressor?..what the price?

ajoiauto

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

ajoiauto

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Sep 1 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi rallychamp

to change the stock compressor to suzuki vitara will drain all the power for your car... it will make your car move slow and lost power.. no pick-up... normally, i will recomend my customer to change to DENSO compressor since DENSO provides cheap spare parts.... which make the budget less expansive....

yuneh16

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

yuneh16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
QUOTE (ajoiauto @ Apr 5 2011, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi rallychamp

to change the stock compressor to suzuki vitara will drain all the power for your car... it will make your car move slow and lost power.. no pick-up... normally, i will recomend my customer to change to DENSO compressor since DENSO provides cheap spare parts.... which make the budget less expansive....

Just in chance i bumped in here...

I got a 660 kancil...1st batch 1996. got problem with the compressor before, the ori one last until 2007/2008....then i changed to Vitara compressor... indeed it is cooler (until now). I luv it!!!

I am sensitive to power and honestly no effect on mine, still good even uphill (maybe K&N) and easily reach 120kmh with AC pumping but I must say that because it takes less time to work for cooling air, it actually save petrol!!
My car 1996-2011(current) fuel consumption is...errrr... 300KM with RM35 RON 95...everything standard except K&N filter....But now need to do head overhaul ald...about 300 000KM lor,still virgin...hehe

ajoiauto

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

ajoiauto

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ May 9 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just in chance i bumped in here...

I got a 660 kancil...1st batch 1996. got problem with the compressor before, the ori one last until 2007/2008....then i changed to Vitara compressor... indeed it is cooler (until now). I luv it!!!

I am sensitive to power and honestly no effect on mine, still good even uphill (maybe K&N) and easily reach 120kmh with AC pumping but I must say that because it takes less time to work for cooling air, it actually save petrol!!
My car 1996-2011(current) fuel consumption is...errrr... 300KM with RM35 RON 95...everything standard except K&N filter....But now need to do head overhaul ald...about 300 000KM lor,still virgin...hehe

hi there...
u can call adam 019-6133568.......