Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My Proton Iswara Lmst - Fc Teruk

• Please log in to reply

barry

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

barry

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Any good mechanics who can tune up my carb, to recommend?

alba

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

alba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
RM70 for 350km I think is reasonable for urban drive..
My LMST can go a little better than that, mybe 400km..
For highway drive we can clock up to 550km..

My LMST is all standard.. The carburetor is free service type, meaning not much can be done..

I hope can hear from other owners..

rallychamp

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
my satria 1.6 (A) only manage 11.5km/liter (RM30=26liter=300km).. city driving 97%....

not tested on highway yet..seldom check coz filling fuel whenever i like... smile_blush.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

ntc2000

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (alba @ Aug 18 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RM70 for 350km I think is reasonable for urban drive..
My LMST can go a little better than that, mybe 400km..
For highway drive we can clock up to 550km..

My LMST is all standard.. The carburetor is free service type, meaning not much can be done..

I hope can hear from other owners..

RM70 for 350km reasonable? lol driving LMST like driving fuel hunger MPV... lmao

jazzer256

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

jazzer256

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi ppl, I using Saga LMST (2005) as well and my FC is RM50 = 300km average mostly driving in highway which i think quite high for 1.3cc but has been like that since early days. All parts are standard including the noisy muffler which i cannot wait to get rid of. Any comment?

chris7027

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:49 PM

chris7027

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
QUOTE (jazzer256 @ Sep 11 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ppl, I using Saga LMST (2005) as well and my FC is RM50 = 300km average mostly driving in highway which i think quite high for 1.3cc but has been like that since early days. All parts are standard including the noisy muffler which i cannot wait to get rid of. Any comment?

Because of differnet petrol price & grade...i feel its better to quote de car FC in liters/100km... that way is easy for all to analys..hehe....

I been driving LMST since year 2004 till today.... My car FC is around 8.5 liters/100km..... My ride is 90% city road & 10% highways... I have change de noisy muffler to iswara original muffler size... My rim is 15" with 195/50 tyres... I service regularly every 5k km (about every 2 months).... I service my aircon yearly & wash de engine bay twice a year... So far my car FC is ok & de engine didn't give me any problems... Just de aircon compressor noise getting noiser only & sometimes cause my dashboard to vibrate....hehe....

sam8021

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

sam8021

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (barry @ May 5 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Friends,

I recently bought one second hand unit, LMST model year 2005 from a car dealer. Condition is good, but the big problem is the terrible FC! For a full tank of RM70 (RON95 at RM1.80/litre current price) I get only about 350km with very very gentle driving mostly in town with little or no traffic jams. I believe this model should give around 450km per tankful based on the kind of driving my son (it's for him to drive to college etc).

I have tried everything I know, like replacing the stupid rear exhaust, changing the rims/tyres to 13" 165", and finally getting the carburettor serviced although I am not if the young mechanic did anything serious work on the carb. I have in mind to get rid of this thing although I will suffer a loss of a few thousand, but my son thinks that we should get a good mechanic to fix it up properly, as he prefers to drive a 'normal sized' car as opposed to a Kancil or a Viva etc.

Can anyone here please help me recommend a competent mechanic? Any suggestions please? Btw, I am in PJ area.

Thank you.

sam8021

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

sam8021

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi Barry,
I am also driving a Iswara LMST 2005 model.I also experience the same problem as yours.The FC for this car is quite high.
I have sent this car for tune up ,and the consumption is still high.I always service the car according to the schedule i.e every 5000km .Besides the high FC ,the car has many other defects . In rainy days water will leak through the rear lamps ansd enter the boot. Engine is quite rough. At the moment the air cond not functioning ,RPM meter not working and the central locking malfunctioned. At times, difficult to engage the reverse gear. GearBox problem ? I beleive all this are defects from the Manufacturer. The engineers in Proton used cheap quality parts to cut costs. It was sold at RM35k ,then the price was reduced to RM 27k .It is a clear cut of cheating by PROTON. There is no quality control at all.At times,I wonder where they source the engine and the gearbox ? Anyway I have decided to dispose this crappy junk although I will lose quite a substantial amount of money.
As for your case,I think it is better to sell of your car and go for a different make.

Halem

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

Halem

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts
QUOTE (chris7027 @ Sep 11 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because of differnet petrol price & grade...i feel its better to quote de car FC in liters/100km... that way is easy for all to analys..hehe....

I been driving LMST since year 2004 till today.... My car FC is around 8.5 liters/100km..... My ride is 90% city road & 10% highways... I have change de noisy muffler to iswara original muffler size... My rim is 15" with 195/50 tyres... I service regularly every 5k km (about every 2 months).... I service my aircon yearly & wash de engine bay twice a year... So far my car FC is ok & de engine didn't give me any problems... Just de aircon compressor noise getting noiser only & sometimes cause my dashboard to vibrate....hehe....

Aircond compressor noisy as sign of wear off but usually doesn,t cause dashboard to vibrate, your engine mouting has hardern need replacement, Patco A/C compressor usually "kong" in 5 years, soon the sound will get more irritating. smile_big.gif

mp420

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

mp420

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
QUOTE (sam8021 @ Sep 13 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Barry,
I am also driving a Iswara LMST 2005 model.I also experience the same problem as yours.The FC for this car is quite high.
I have sent this car for tune up ,and the consumption is still high.I always service the car according to the schedule i.e every 5000km .Besides the high FC ,the car has many other defects . In rainy days water will leak through the rear lamps ansd enter the boot. Engine is quite rough. At the moment the air cond not functioning ,RPM meter not working and the central locking malfunctioned. At times, difficult to engage the reverse gear. GearBox problem ? I beleive all this are defects from the Manufacturer. The engineers in Proton used cheap quality parts to cut costs. It was sold at RM35k ,then the price was reduced to RM 27k .It is a clear cut of cheating by PROTON. There is no quality control at all.At times,I wonder where they source the engine and the gearbox ? Anyway I have decided to dispose this crappy junk although I will lose quite a substantial amount of money.
As for your case,I think it is better to sell of your car and go for a different make.

I got few frens own a LMST also. There are no problem with the car. Maybe they maintain very well. It is normal for manual gear hard to engage to reverse. I own a very old Nissan Bluebird manual trans before. It always sometimes hard to engage reverse also. Actually, every car that we bought we has been start cheated ady. smile_big.gif

LMST is very old model by P1. Dun expect too much frm this car.

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang