Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ncd Transfer To New Car?

• Please log in to reply

swinee

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Aug 14 2013, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, if I am in that situation, I will find ways to clear off the loan myself first. Borrow from parents, bro/sis, b/f, g/f, sugar-daddy, etc. Then get the clearance letter from finance.
When sell to 2nd hand car dealer, dealer will ask you got outstanding loan ? You say don't have, show the clearance letter.
I will ask for banker's cheque or bank draft (not normal personal/company cheque).
Also, JPJ now has a new "transfer form" for car dealers, ensure that is done. Else car dealer will give you their own letter to confirm you sell the car to them on XXX date, time, signature, etc.

Also, always get photocopy document that you need to pass to 2nd hand car dealer (better prepare yourself first, as car dealer normally use those blur photo-copier to ... well ... make things blur)

Remember, once sell, straight go cancel insurance. Otherwise, if accident, then it is still claimable.

so in short there would be quite hard to trace 2nd hand dealer will sambung bayar or not, it is better for owner to settle it with bank personally..
thx for ur details explanation.. smile_thumbup.gif

swinee

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 14 2013, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Always worrying selling to used car dealer.... smile_blackeye.gif

sometimes cant avoid lo..
if sell privately, not many owner will want to go thru those messy transfer procedure.. smile_blackeye.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Aug 15 2013, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so in short there would be quite hard to trace 2nd hand dealer will sambung bayar or not, it is better for owner to settle it with bank personally..

You settle loan and sell, the dealer got to pay you, so all clear cut.
You still have loan, he sambung and worse case, do not pay you get into trouble only.... smile_blackeye.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Aug 15 2013, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct. In your face, all 2nd hand car dealer will tell you all the good news you want to hear smile_thumbup.gif

Behind you, some bad things that you don't wish, may happen smile_blackeye.gif

When you ask sambung-bayar, they say they won't do it. Not in their policy. Never. Ever.

But later, they say car cannot sell yet, stuck, cashflow problem, your car problem, you already sell the car why you bother, fish in drain, my child didn't eat KFC today, neighbour's cousin in hometown get married, etc. all those great-grand-mother stories that you may not hear before. I can tell you, even today, I'm still learning and hearing new stories every now and then.

Same with JPJ transfer: long queue, system down, lorry tyre pancit, bulan puasa, ghost-festival, dataran merdeka closed for 31-8, grass in my garden is long, kura-kura lintas jalan genting klang, kopi tumpah at my pants just now, nasi lemak corner there sedap, etc. ok, you get the idea ?

You do not think you take the simple way out, cincai lah, short-cut lah, paperwork later also nevermind, the dealer will do for you, trust dealer, etc. I can tell you, this is your beginning of nightmare. Better to be safe than sorry.

Trust No One - Mulder

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

swinee

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 16 2013, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You settle loan and sell, the dealer got to pay you, so all clear cut.
You still have loan, he sambung and worse case, do not pay you get into trouble only.... smile_blackeye.gif

ya lor..i used to settle first b4 selling off..which i think easier for both parties
but this ride belongs to one of my family members..still got a sum to settle..so thinking off directly sell to 2nd dealer..
it seems that left no choice..better clear it off first.. smile_approve.gif

swinee

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Aug 16 2013, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correct. In your face, all 2nd hand car dealer will tell you all the good news you want to hear smile_thumbup.gif

Behind you, some bad things that you don't wish, may happen smile_blackeye.gif

When you ask sambung-bayar, they say they won't do it. Not in their policy. Never. Ever.

But later, they say car cannot sell yet, stuck, cashflow problem, your car problem, you already sell the car why you bother, fish in drain, my child didn't eat KFC today, neighbour's cousin in hometown get married, etc. all those great-grand-mother stories that you may not hear before. I can tell you, even today, I'm still learning and hearing new stories every now and then.

Same with JPJ transfer: long queue, system down, lorry tyre pancit, bulan puasa, ghost-festival, dataran merdeka closed for 31-8, grass in my garden is long, kura-kura lintas jalan genting klang, kopi tumpah at my pants just now, nasi lemak corner there sedap, etc. ok, you get the idea ?

You do not think you take the simple way out, cincai lah, short-cut lah, paperwork later also nevermind, the dealer will do for you, trust dealer, etc. I can tell you, this is your beginning of nightmare. Better to be safe than sorry.

Trust No One - Mulder

well said there.. smile_thumbup.gif
typical local style cock n bull story here n there lo..hahaha..
oh ya, the geran only pass to the dealer once he hand over the banker cheque to me right?and that shud be the last process normally once everything settle smile_question.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Aug 17 2013, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well said there.. smile_thumbup.gif
typical local style cock n bull story here n there lo..hahaha..
oh ya, the geran only pass to the dealer once he hand over the banker cheque to me right?and that shud be the last process normally once everything settle smile_question.gif

Yes, JPJ reg card only pass to dealer, when dealer pass you the banker's cheque.

Check the banker's cheque properly for:
- your name
- date
- amount and written amount

You'll never know some typo mistake (even from bank) , whether intentional or not.

But, FYI, even without geran, the dealer can go report police say lost, then goto JPJ issue a replacement geran. Semua ada jalan.

Don't pass your insurance schedule/policy. It follows driver, not car. And you need the original copies to do cancellation.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Aug 19 2013, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, JPJ reg card only pass to dealer, when dealer pass you the banker's cheque.

Check the banker's cheque properly for:
- your name
- date
- amount and written amount

You'll never know some typo mistake (even from bank) , whether intentional or not.

But, FYI, even without geran, the dealer can go report police say lost, then goto JPJ issue a replacement geran. Semua ada jalan.

Don't pass your insurance schedule/policy. It follows driver, not car. And you need the original copies to do cancellation.

Semua ada jalan. You said in man.....