Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 308 Thp Performance Upgrade With Dyno Charts

• Please log in to reply

chargerguy

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (hakimi79 @ Oct 6 2011, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but seriously 30hp gains is a lot man. chargerguy when u going to dyno yours. pls put your graph here lah. smile_big.gif

My one original stocks marrrr...No matter how dyno also wont go up to THP185...kaKAkaKKAkaKAkaKAkaKAka..Maybe THP145 can larrrrr...smile.gif

smile_approve.gif

hereticbar

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (icezboy @ Oct 6 2011, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is interesting, a tuning box that cost less than the "P" i think it a good buy, with 30 bhp gain it pretty good.
i wonder what brand is it........?? anyway with the bhp gain, will our transmission temperature heat up much more faster? do we need to add on a transmission cooler?

Let's just say that I am pleasantly surprised too. For something that cost under RM$2,000 it is pretty decent, that's for sure. Just don't expect miracles, 200bhp is maybe out of reach, have to be realistic.

I would be more concern with the blowoff value (BOV), our stock BOV is kind of weak and definitely not able to take the extra load. At least it is something that is cheap to replace, just use the BOV from a VW Golf GTi.

It is not the max for the tuning box yet. Actually there is still 2 higher settings to play with. How high can the horsepower and torque still go I wonder. wink.gif Definitely not for the fainthearted and a better BOV is probably needed before trying those higher settings out.

I really want to give the tuning box a go on a Peugeot 5008 and watch the look on the face of a stock Peugeot 308 owner when I kick his ass. laugh.gif

Even better, they have a different box for Peugeot RCZ THP200 which according to their charts can get the horsepower to 240bhp. Too bad I only have enough money to buy a RCZ steering wheel. sleep.gif

chargerguy

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (hereticbar @ Oct 6 2011, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's just say that I am pleasantly surprised too. For something that cost under RM$2,000 it is pretty decent, that's for sure. Just don't expect miracles, 200bhp is maybe out of reach, have to be realistic.

I would be more concern with the blowoff value (BOV), our stock BOV is kind of weak and definitely not able to take the extra load. At least it is something that is cheap to replace, just use the BOV from a VW Golf GTi.

It is not the max for the tuning box yet. Actually there is still 2 higher settings to play with. How high can the horsepower and torque still go I wonder. wink.gif Definitely not for the fainthearted and a better BOV is probably needed before trying those higher settings out.

I really want to give the tuning box a go on a Peugeot 5008 and watch the look on the face of a stock Peugeot 308 owner when I kick his ass. laugh.gif

Even better, they have a different box for Peugeot RCZ THP200 which according to their charts can get the horsepower to 240bhp. Too bad I only have enough money to buy a RCZ steering wheel. sleep.gif

Pal,

To my surprise, according to some, the BOV seems like able to take it...However, the extra boost is not a lot but the air fuel ratio, ignition as well as power band shifted earlier and last longer....Macam sudah tongkat ali..kaKAkkaKAkaKAkaKAkaKAkaKAka...So far, according to my friend, the BOV still stock standard...Even if the BOV fail, it only cost about RM350 to replace to VW crown type.... smile_blush.gif

1 cent

hereticbar

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Oct 6 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pal,

To my surprise, according to some, the BOV seems like able to take it...However, the extra boost is not a lot but the air fuel ratio, ignition as well as power band shifted earlier and last longer....Macam sudah tongkat ali..kaKAkkaKAkaKAkaKAkaKAkaKAka...So far, according to my friend, the BOV still stock standard...Even if the BOV fail, it only cost about RM350 to replace to VW crown type.... smile_blush.gif

1 cent

Your "friend"? wink.gif

I think the BOV on the car we did the dyno on is dead. laugh.gif I am not even making this up, we killed it. Actually the dyno killed it, we just helped it along.

The VW BOV can be purchase for cheaper than that.

chargerguy

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (hereticbar @ Oct 6 2011, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your "friend"? wink.gif

I think the BOV on the car we did the dyno on is dead. laugh.gif I am not even making this up, we killed it. Actually the dyno killed it, we just helped it along.

The VW BOV can be purchase for cheaper than that.

kaKAkAKAkaKAkaKAkaKAkaKAkKakaKAkaAkaKAkaK

hereticbar

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Oct 6 2011, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kaKAkAKAkaKAkaKAkaKAkaKAkKakaKAkaAkaKAkaK

I seriously wonder can a "boxed" up Peugeot 5008 beat a stock Peugeot 308 THP. blink.gif

Tried it on a Peugeot 3008, just don't have any "friends" with a 5008 to test.

hakimi79

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Oct 6 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pal,

1 cent

your friend????mAUhAUhUahuAhuAHauHAuhAuHAuaHauHAuhAUAHuHAuHAuHAuHAuAHaUhAUhauaHAUhaUaHAU

arj

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:10 AM

arj

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
Hereticbar what's the brand of this tuning box? Any links? My friend might be interested.

hereticbar

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (arj @ Oct 7 2011, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hereticbar what's the brand of this tuning box? Any links? My friend might be interested.

Your "friend"? wink.gif

chargerguy

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (hereticbar @ Oct 7 2011, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your "friend"? wink.gif

We dun mods car..Oni our "Friend" does...muhaUHAuhuhaAuhuhaUHAuaHUHAuhaUHAuhaUHAuhaUHAuhaUHAuhaUHAuha