Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Check List To Buy Recon Car

• Please log in to reply

luvcar

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi all,

Need your advise what are the check list (before, during, after delivery) in buying a recon '06 Estima? Thanks.

ymfoo

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
Don't buy recond. cars. The recond. cars are brought in by open AP. Each open AP is worth RM30K-50K. It means each car you buy, you are giving away RM30K-50K to someone who doesn't need to work and get all these monies for free.

They are getting millions every year, yet when the Government suggested open AP to be abolished in 2015, they make noises.

If you support such system, believe in people can get rich with right connection without working for it, willing to pay your hard earned money to them, then go buy recond. cars. You have no warranty, you don't get back up support, most workshop do not have the capabilities to invest in high tech machines to diagnose your car...........

Cars, Oh cars......

KL3223

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (ymfoo @ Mar 25 2011, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't buy recond. cars.

Yes, strongly echo what ymfoo said.
With that kind of budget, can check out the MPVs brought in by Peugeot (5008), Mazda (8), Honda (Odyssey, indent basis) and many more....comes complete with warranty.

luvcar

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Mar 26 2011, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, strongly echo what ymfoo said.
With that kind of budget, can check out the MPVs brought in by Peugeot (5008), Mazda (8), Honda (Odyssey, indent basis) and many more....comes complete with warranty.

Well, if the car market in Malaysia is arranged in a competitive manner, then I would not support recond cars. But with that RM150K range, you can go for Mazda 5 or Peugoet 5008 but its just compact. Seriously if you have more than 5 members in your family and need to travel outstanding, it's not the right cup of tea. Unless, you go for the lowest range, Exora. But then, buying a Proton has not much difference with giving away the money anyway.

Mazda 8 = RM 190K, out of budget
Odyssey = Also recond. If from Honda, above RM 200K. Also, its low, not suitable for elderly to get in and out of the car

What other choice you have?

Rush = Damn underpower and with those horrible interior and materials for RM 100K? Alamak, I can't get thru myself.
Wish & stream = Just compact and paying that price without AC in 2nd & 3rd row, simple feature only. So, what's the point.

So, there are other considerations to take, that's why no choice for me Estima is the best choice...

KL3223

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
Grandis? 16xk and its much spacious than the 5008 and Mazda....
but you do not know the condition of the estima. might be an accident car, might be a tsunami car. Why pay top dollars for them?

luvcar

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Mar 26 2011, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Grandis? 16xk and its much spacious than the 5008 and Mazda....
but you do not know the condition of the estima. might be an accident car, might be a tsunami car. Why pay top dollars for them?

Well, previously considered Mitsubishi before. But that is just a 4 speed auto, old system. Worst after the Inspira case. I dont want to see my car to be any of related to Proton, making me so stupid to buy a Mitsubishi car. No offence.

I will not know the recon car's condition. As everyone knows, it's all depends on your luck. Who can guarantee you that a new car will not give a any problem? We only can say the chance is lesser than a recon car, but that also depends on where the recon car comes from, accordingly to my friend who is running car repairing shop. Genereally, cars from japan gave less problem from elsewhere. So, hope my luck is good and having a car that suits perfectly to my practical requirements.

Thanks for your sharing though. smile.gif

QUOTE (luvcar @ Mar 26 2011, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, previously considered Mitsubishi before. But that is just a 4 speed auto, old system. Worst after the Inspira case. I dont want to see my car to be any of related to Proton, making me so stupid to buy a Mitsubishi car. No offence.

I will not know the recon car's condition. As everyone knows, it's all depends on your luck. Who can guarantee you that a new car will not give a any problem? We only can say the chance is lesser than a recon car, but that also depends on where the recon car comes from, accordingly to my friend who is running car repairing shop. Genereally, cars from japan gave less problem from elsewhere. So, hope my luck is good and having a car that suits perfectly to my practical requirements.

Thanks for your sharing though. smile.gif

By the way, the car arrived in Early Mar. 11. So, it will definitely not a tsunami car, I supposed... smile.gif

KL3223

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (luvcar @ Mar 26 2011, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't think Proton will rebadge the Grandis, afterall Proton already have the Exora as its MPV. Yes, Grandis is running on an old system, been around since 2003/4. But its tried and tested, guarantee no major issue.

Have you view the Peugeot in person? the dimension comparison between Peugeot and Grandis is here:
Dimensions l / w / h (mm) 4530/2118/1638 (Peugeot) 4765/1795/1690 (Grandis)

Yes, buying a car whether new or recond is depending on luck, but at least you get the 3 year warranty from the manufacturer/dealer if anything happens to your new car, the same cannot be said about recond cars. Of course I'm not saying all recond cars will fail....My household's 2005 recond BM5 is still running in good condition.

Well, if you have considered all options and felt the recond route is better (plus you already eyed some pre-March 11 units), then go ahead to accomplish your dream smile_thumbup.gif

Happy shopping and all the best!

luvcar

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Mar 27 2011, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't think Proton will rebadge the Grandis, afterall Proton already have the Exora as its MPV. Yes, Grandis is running on an old system, been around since 2003/4. But its tried and tested, guarantee no major issue.

Have you view the Peugeot in person? the dimension comparison between Peugeot and Grandis is here:
Dimensions l / w / h (mm) 4530/2118/1638 (Peugeot) 4765/1795/1690 (Grandis)

Yes, buying a car whether new or recond is depending on luck, but at least you get the 3 year warranty from the manufacturer/dealer if anything happens to your new car, the same cannot be said about recond cars. Of course I'm not saying all recond cars will fail....My household's 2005 recond BM5 is still running in good condition.

Well, if you have considered all options and felt the recond route is better (plus you already eyed some pre-March 11 units), then go ahead to accomplish your dream smile_thumbup.gif

Happy shopping and all the best!

Thanks a lot. Actually we can have 1-3 years warranty for recon car. Its just that you have to buy from insurance. Heard that its about RM1900 for 3 years. So, still considering about that.

KL3223

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (luvcar @ Mar 27 2011, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot. Actually we can have 1-3 years warranty for recon car. Its just that you have to buy from insurance. Heard that its about RM1900 for 3 years. So, still considering about that.

yah, i heard of that as one of my ex-ride 4th & 5th year warranty was covered by insurance, but i don't have to pay, it paid by the manufacturer/dealer. the main condition i need to fulfil to get the 4th & 5th year warranty is i must do the servicing at the authorised service center throughout the 5 years!

anyway, do check what is covered , what is not, as the insurance company told me not everything is covered. and don't forget to ask about the parts betterment policy.

Betterment occurs when in the course of repairing an accident-damaged vehicle, an old part is replaced with a new franchise part. In line with the principle of indemnity, you will have to bear the difference in costs as you are in a better position after the accident with the new franchise part. However, the application of betterment is at the discretion of your insurance company. Should your insurance company apply betterment, it will be in accordance with the standard scale of betterment adopted by the industry, usually 15% to 40% if the age of car is > 5 years old (this is counted from the year of manufacturing,not year of registered).

Cheers!

r3xt0n

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (luvcar @ Mar 26 2011, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if the car market in Malaysia is arranged in a competitive manner, then I would not support recond cars. But with that RM150K range, you can go for Mazda 5 or Peugoet 5008 but its just compact. Seriously if you have more than 5 members in your family and need to travel outstanding, it's not the right cup of tea. Unless, you go for the lowest range, Exora. But then, buying a Proton has not much difference with giving away the money anyway.

Mazda 8 = RM 190K, out of budget
Odyssey = Also recond. If from Honda, above RM 200K. Also, its low, not suitable for elderly to get in and out of the car

What other choice you have?

Rush = Damn underpower and with those horrible interior and materials for RM 100K? Alamak, I can't get thru myself.
Wish & stream = Just compact and paying that price without AC in 2nd & 3rd row, simple feature only. So, what's the point.

So, there are other considerations to take, that's why no choice for me Estima is the best choice...

Brand New Stavic is selling RM99k comes with 3 year or 100k km warranty. It is sharing same engine and transmission with Rexton, so you won't have to worry about spare parts and servicing. All the advance and luxury matching any of the luxury MPV, like EBD, ABS, Air Bag, ESP, Anti Body Roll, etc.. It comes with 11 seaters with option for you to remove one row to have more space and comfy 7 seaters.