Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Santa Fe 2011 Model

• Please log in to reply

hongkie123

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

hongkie123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
QUOTE (azliumar @ Jul 25 2012, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hongkie123, is it normal for a brand new car to have balancing issue? I mean it just rolled out from the assembly line - dont they conduct appropriate QC checkpoints?

I don't know about others. But for me, I returned the car to the delivery centre (PJ authorised dealer) 15 minutes after delivery because of balancing problem. On same day after balancing the wheels, the dealer said fixed balancing problem which I later found out was not fixed. All in took me 3 attempts to get balancing fixed. Apparently problem arose because pre-delivery quality control test was not done on my car.

Overall, Santa Fe is a good car and if you are seriously considering buying it, I would suggest you do not get it from a particular authorised dealer in PJ near Jln 222 or Jln Ipoh.

amohamad75

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

amohamad75

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hii.

I'm newbies this forum santa fe.
Recently got 2.2 diesel version,
But facing very bad vibration on the driver and second row seat, if more than 100km/hr...
Have bring the car SC..they mentioned normal for this model...
Anybody experience same problem?

hongkie123

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

hongkie123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
QUOTE (amohamad75 @ Aug 24 2012, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hii.

I'm newbies this forum santa fe.
Recently got 2.2 diesel version,
But facing very bad vibration on the driver and second row seat, if more than 100km/hr...
Have bring the car SC..they mentioned normal for this model...
Anybody experience same problem?

If steering wheel vibrates at 100km/h, it's the balancing problem. Bring to Glenmarie service centre. They know how to fix this.

If seat vibration, then this is a problem with no solution. You can ask Glenmarie SC to arrange for APM (the idiotic useless seat contractor) to try to fix it. Yes, they will try to fix it, not really fix it, it's really try only. I suggested many times to HSD to terminate this useless APM but for some strange reason, Inokom and HSD just love APM.

fairuzar77

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

fairuzar77

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm a newbie.Currently using 2011 diesel Santa fe. Got some problem recently. When driving slow and turning (going into parking spot) the car will make a "thump" kind of noise.Can fell the car rear drive braking.During this incidence brake pedal is press but not hard(just to make the car slow). Previously the ESC light come on. Go to the Shah Alam service center and they replaced the brake switch after 2 times complaining. The problem is the defect is intermittent plus no warning light . Another problem is I live in Negeri.9 and Shah Alam is quite far plus the waiting time is terrible. Google for this symptom and mostly pin point to ABS problem. Any authorised service centre that can be recommended?

amohamad75

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

amohamad75

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (hongkie123 @ Aug 24 2012, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If steering wheel vibrates at 100km/h, it's the balancing problem. Bring to Glenmarie service centre. They know how to fix this.

If seat vibration, then this is a problem with no solution. You can ask Glenmarie SC to arrange for APM (the idiotic useless seat contractor) to try to fix it. Yes, they will try to fix it, not really fix it, it's really try only. I suggested many times to HSD to terminate this useless APM but for some strange reason, Inokom and HSD just love APM.

Thank you for the advice..let see how Glenmarie SC resolved my issue..

bteong0

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
QUOTE (fairuzar77 @ Aug 25 2012, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I'm a newbie.Currently using 2011 diesel Santa fe. Got some problem recently. When driving slow and turning (going into parking spot) the car will make a "thump" kind of noise.Can fell the car rear drive braking.During this incidence brake pedal is press but not hard(just to make the car slow). Previously the ESC light come on. Go to the Shah Alam service center and they replaced the brake switch after 2 times complaining. The problem is the defect is intermittent plus no warning light . Another problem is I live in Negeri.9 and Shah Alam is quite far plus the waiting time is terrible. Google for this symptom and mostly pin point to ABS problem. Any authorised service centre that can be recommended?

I had this ESC problem too. And is very dangerous. Yet, Hyundai Msia buat bodoh about it. I replaced mine break switch about 7 months ago and now the problem is back again with other problems.

Sometime after I Reverse and back to D mode, the 2 indicator lights turn on:- ESP indicator and 4WD lock indicator. ( ESP stays on, and the 4WD light blink), When this happen, I can fell the car is heavier (probably due to 4WD locked) and difficult to move. I have to shut down the engine and restart the car to get rid of this. Reently, this happen again and the check engine indicator pop up and stays there. I took to service center. The technician look for the faulty code and tell me is Gearbox sensor problem. Have to replace this part.

Do let me know if you have similar problem. TQ

fairuzar77

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

fairuzar77

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (bteong0 @ Aug 26 2012, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometime after I Reverse and back to D mode, the 2 indicator lights turn on:- ESP indicator and 4WD lock indicator. ( ESP stays on, and the 4WD light blink), When this happen, I can fell the car is heavier (probably due to 4WD locked) and difficult to move.

Hi bteong0,

I kena once. Reverse gear engage car dont move.Panic and press the fuel padel. Heard a loud bang. Dont know either the brake was engage(assume maybe due to ABS or ESC...i just assume) or the AWD was causing this.This noise (thump) usually happen when steering is turn and car is moving very slow and happen very often. Try Google regarding this problem, search result mostly show problem is due to ABS. Forgot to mention when all the incidence occur no warning light illuminate on the dash board.What i afraid is when no warning light=no fault code.So when send for inspection end up they will come to me and said" bang kereta dah chk semua ok". I biasa kena waiting from 9am-4pm. Exit the Glenmarie service center the problem happen again..W.T.F...Previously they said there a history on wheel speed sensor and they CLEAN the sensor...Bteong0 did they replace the gear box sensor?

lengchai99

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

lengchai99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
today received a call from hyundai. was asked to come to the workshop to replace fuel hose. u guys receive any call from hyundai???

thanks,
wps

bteong0

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
QUOTE (lengchai99 @ Sep 10 2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
today received a call from hyundai. was asked to come to the workshop to replace fuel hose. u guys receive any call from hyundai???

thanks,
wps

read this news. is in NZ and their newspaper. equivalent to The star in malaysia.

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10792572

jolokia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (lengchai99 @ Sep 10 2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks,
wps

Secretly "RECALL" without media announcement, to avoid damaging its reputation, Oppa Hyundai style. smile_sleepy.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim