Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Civic Fd2 No Quality, Waste Money

• Please log in to reply

amran

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

amran

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Jan 7 2011, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now Forte FL comes with below which makes it harder to resist:
1) all new 6 speed GB with paddle shift - non CVT, boot type
2) reverse camera with built-in monitor rear view mirror
3) bluetooth
4) retractable side mirrors
etc...

All these from price 80,800 OTR! Mana mau cari...hehehe smile_tongue.gif
If u fancy 2 doors go for Koup 2.0L selling at 115.8K OTR

enduser products nowadays where got quality. manufacturer all want to maximize profit.

leolance

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

leolance

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Yes!! i agree on the quality issue too... but i cant denied that it is so beautiful

but it is like love... i hate her, but i love her.. *sob*

Whyyyyyy!!!!

rickyoac

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (mcachong @ Jan 6 2011, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My family have Myvi, Perdana 2005 mod, Exora. All only just do normal servicing. No problems la like you making up. I used to drive Wira got no problems except for window power in front. After changing the gear, no more problem la. My sister got Civic 2010. No problem also. She only wish she bought Toyota instead but that is another story. smile_tongue.gif

Hahahahaha...... making up. what is the mean of making up? u r the 1001 person.
Be Wise To Survive

blackdolph

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

blackdolph

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 884 posts
I agree with ricky regarding the quality of the FD2. Can understand his frustration. Mine is 2007 model and until today I have spent close to RM20K on maintaining it since new. The biggest shit that happened is the steering rack that started making noise at about 115K kms. Since I don't trust the parts sold by Honda Malaysia, I bought a new set from Japan. Compared with the old unit and it's clear that the quality is not the same(cheaper to buy from Japan too).

My experience with Honda started with 2000 Accord(till today). From there, got recon 1997 CRV(sold last year to be replaced by current model), 2007 City and also 2010 City. I can say that the recon CRV was the best quality compared to the rest of the models. Wheel bearing, brakes(all locally sold Hondas have SHITTY brakes), suspension(guarantee have to change absorber before warranty end or right after that) and some other nitty gritty stuff.

I can live with shitty brakes and suspension(Japanese car maker don't know nuts about these) but the breaking point was the steering rack. Have never experience steering rack failure is any of my cars in less than 200K kms usage. No more Honda and Toyota(2007 Camry steering rack also failed at about 110K kms) after this.
Kiss my puntang!

scenic

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (blackdolph @ Jan 27 2011, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with ricky regarding the quality of the FD2. Can understand his frustration. Mine is 2007 model and until today I have spent close to RM20K on maintaining it since new. The biggest shit that happened is the steering rack that started making noise at about 115K kms. Since I don't trust the parts sold by Honda Malaysia, I bought a new set from Japan. Compared with the old unit and it's clear that the quality is not the same(cheaper to buy from Japan too).

My experience with Honda started with 2000 Accord(till today). From there, got recon 1997 CRV(sold last year to be replaced by current model), 2007 City and also 2010 City. I can say that the recon CRV was the best quality compared to the rest of the models. Wheel bearing, brakes(all locally sold Hondas have SHITTY brakes), suspension(guarantee have to change absorber before warranty end or right after that) and some other nitty gritty stuff.

I can live with shitty brakes and suspension(Japanese car maker don't know nuts about these) but the breaking point was the steering rack. Have never experience steering rack failure is any of my cars in less than 200K kms usage. No more Honda and Toyota(2007 Camry steering rack also failed at about 110K kms) after this.

Hello Andrew,
You are into Honda too ? Thought all this while you are a Peugeot die hard guy ? Toyota has same kind shit built quality nowadays. Don't let me buka my experience with their brand of cars. Damn !
director's choice

blackdolph

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:03 AM

blackdolph

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 884 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Jan 27 2011, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Andrew,
You are into Honda too ? Thought all this while you are a Peugeot die hard guy ? Toyota has same kind shit built quality nowadays. Don't let me buka my experience with their brand of cars. Damn !

Hahaha! Been using Honda since 2000. Also got them as company cars coz more fuel efficient and so-called cheaper maintenance but this is not the case nowadays. Conti car parts may be more expensive but they definitely last longer than Japanese car parts. Maybe it's due to the parts being manufactured in Thailand.
Kiss my puntang!

ShiftVQV6

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (blackdolph @ Jan 27 2011, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fully agree on the shitty brakes....

civic can accelerate very fast but braking distance is the worst that i had experience.....

fhchiang

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

fhchiang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
I have the same problem also..

Disc got Grooves, and giving out screetching noise when ever i brake, also my car judders and vibrates if i brake at very high speed..

went to SC.. complain... got disc skimming and new brake pads FOC - under warranty claim

2009 2.0S model... mileage about 65000

xiper

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

xiper

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I am also owning FD2 year 2009 facelift. So far I did not encounter any problem with the car.

Yes I do agree that the brake is pretty bad but about the maintenance I found that it is fine. My car is at 57k mileage and so far I just went for normal service every 5k and no kacau so far (touch wood).

Maybe sometimes it also depend on luck, new car can also have a lot of issues at times. Looking to sell the car soon and get a conti, the market price looks pretty low..

tanhb

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

tanhb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
The brakes, rear wheel bearings & the gigantic hydraulic mouting are the common issues wth Civic. For FD1, include the hydraulic power steering.

Just to list some of my probles wth FD1..otherwise, I hv to agree the normal maintenance is just to service the cars.. haha..

- Engine mounting - kaput on 1st day itself - Got recall months later haha..Thereafter, just b4 3rd yr, another warranty claim on the same mounting!!

- Rear wheel bearing - Very annoying aeroplane sound- spoilt 2.5yrs Got warraty claim haha..another side after 3rd yr - no more warraty so paid RM300+ for OEM bearing

- Brake disc - well, I changed to project MU bcos, lotsa ppl said the ori wan can break/chip easily..so not sure lor..

- FD1- The worst so far (4th yr)- Power steering kaput! - and this is not cheap. At 1st I changed only the pressured hose. cost me RM1300! Mths later, SC told me not only the hose but the pump too and qouted me additional RM3.3K..darm..I delayed the repair and DIY changed all my fluid to stop leak fluid....well, it solved the problem haha..till I sold the car last mth

- Road noises- All Civic likedat wan - since day wan so nopisy- I suspect the milo tin overall body..If you park side by side wth Proton Savy, you will notice savy body even thicker than Civic!!

Other than the above, the maintenance cost on Civic actually not bad esp SC giving 15% discount and labour charge among the lowest at RM58 nia..
Nissan Sunny 1995......Wira 1.5A 1997.....Citroen ZX1.8  2002....Nissan Sentra 1.6 2004.....Waja 1.6X 2004 (Co car)....Honda 8th Gen 1.8 2006...Hyundai Sonata YF 2011