Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Wish: Brand New 2.0 Or Recond. 1.8 Or Recond. 2.0 Or 1.8 Wald?

• Please log in to reply

hwk

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

hwk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
the stream is smaller than wish but it's ok for me cos if you compare to sedan (altis, latio)

i bought 156k (-2k), the stream only 149k (-7k) dont know still got stock

so if you think about AP wish must test drive, cos i drive my friend AP 1.8 wish (few months only he got) i feel suck

but honestly i feel my RSZ very bumpy (compare to sedan) if drive in taman, if main road no problem

JCMF

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

JCMF

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (hwk @ Jun 18 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the stream is smaller than wish but it's ok for me cos if you compare to sedan (altis, latio)

i bought 156k (-2k), the stream only 149k (-7k) dont know still got stock

so if you think about AP wish must test drive, cos i drive my friend AP 1.8 wish (few months only he got) i feel suck

but honestly i feel my RSZ very bumpy (compare to sedan) if drive in taman, if main road no problem

Ok lor, depends on individual liking. Anyway, any wish owner out there have anything to share on the wish recall few years ago for the steering york failure problem? I saw Wish Club Malaysia also have this news but other than that I don't find any. So I hope anyone with this experience can share with us whether shoud we check our wish steering system. The important is whether the mechanic know how to check.

Thanks...

(=^_^=)

shakiraa

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:22 AM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
i own a UMW Toyota Wish, i can say it is a damn good car! FC is good, serivce no problem, no reliability/quality issue so far after 3 yrs +, and the power is good for such a big car.

the rear air con thingy is not a big deal, just turn into MAX when u have rear passenger, the air con is not loud at MAX

shy78

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:59 AM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
Naza World at TTDI has brand new (year 2005 - old stocks) Toyota Ipsum 240s, full bodykit, double blower, steering controls, warranty, RM150k.

GuyM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:00 PM

GuyM

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
QUOTE (shy78 @ Jun 21 2009, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naza World at TTDI has brand new (year 2005 - old stocks) Toyota Ipsum 240s, full bodykit, double blower, steering controls, warranty, RM150k.

Might as well consider the Mitsubishi Grandis 2.4L new CBU Japan. Bigger than Wish somemore with stock 17" look real nice. U'll never go wrong with CBU Jap cars

JCMF

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

JCMF

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (shakiraa @ Jun 21 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i own a UMW Toyota Wish, i can say it is a damn good car! FC is good, serivce no problem, no reliability/quality issue so far after 3 yrs +, and the power is good for such a big car.

the rear air con thingy is not a big deal, just turn into MAX when u have rear passenger, the air con is not loud at MAX

Hello shakiraa,
Yes, it is indeed a good car. Thanks for your sharing. may I know your model is 1.8 or 2.0? Facelift, Triptronic gear? Have you heard of any Toyota Wish recall several years back about the steering problem?

Thanks again...

(=^_^=)

khlee23

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (mdzin @ May 7 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I would be much appreciated if anyone of you could give me some advices(Pro. & Con.) on the next car I am going to purchase.

I am thinking to buy either of the following:

1) Brand New 2.0 (UMW version)

2) Recond. 1.8

3) Recond. 2.0 (D4 Engine)

4) 1.8 Wald

dry.gif

At the end of the day, what is your priority in making this new purchace or upgarde? More passenger space? More comfort ride for rear passengers?

If your budget is rm160K, which is around the price of a new Wish 2.0 by UMW AND you are indicating you are strong Toyota supporter from all your choices given, then why not consider Estima ACR30, recond 03/04/05. smile_thumbup.gif

Generally, Toyota reliability and quality is well known. So getting a recond Estima will meet most ppl requirement for a MPV! You will not go wrong with this choice. Forget about Honda MPV. They are more expensive and smaller in size.

Life is short. Seize the day!

rochan

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

rochan

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
I understand that the recond/imported Wish has 6 speed compared to UMW's Wish only has 4 speed.

Anyone owned a 6 speed Wish? Better fuel consumption and power?

khlee23

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (rochan @ Jun 24 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand that the recond/imported Wish has 6 speed compared to UMW's Wish only has 4 speed.

Anyone owned a 6 speed Wish? Better fuel consumption and power?

Most of the models sell by local distributor is 4-speeds auto. Unless you go for Camry 2.4 V6 then they offer 5-speeds auto.

The facelift Wish year 2009 will featured new CVT 7-speeds gearbox. Even the facelift Estima is with this new CVT gearbox, in Japan. So if you are getting your Toyota from paralled importer, then you might be able to get this new super fuel-efficient gearbox. Wait lor.....

Life is short. Seize the day!

wanida

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
Hi guys,
Yesterday I booked wish 03/06..color; dark blue, full specs with sunroof, bodykit..saw the mileage around 63,000. One owner (lady) and guess what's the price I got? RM95K.. smile_thumbup.gif Is this deal considered good?

I also don't have experience abt this car in terms of spare parts and FC, but I really admired it since 6 years ago and now only could afford.. smile_blush.gif