Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My Proton Iswara Lmst - Fc Teruk

• Please log in to reply

ajoiauto

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

ajoiauto

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (barry @ May 5 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Friends,

I recently bought one second hand unit, LMST model year 2005 from a car dealer. Condition is good, but the big problem is the terrible FC! For a full tank of RM70 (RON95 at RM1.80/litre current price) I get only about 350km with very very gentle driving mostly in town with little or no traffic jams. I believe this model should give around 450km per tankful based on the kind of driving my son (it's for him to drive to college etc).

I have tried everything I know, like replacing the stupid rear exhaust, changing the rims/tyres to 13" 165", and finally getting the carburettor serviced although I am not if the young mechanic did anything serious work on the carb. I have in mind to get rid of this thing although I will suffer a loss of a few thousand, but my son thinks that we should get a good mechanic to fix it up properly, as he prefers to drive a 'normal sized' car as opposed to a Kancil or a Viva etc.

Can anyone here please help me recommend a competent mechanic? Any suggestions please? Btw, I am in PJ area.

Thank you.

try call adam 019-6133568
workshop in kajang...
near your place...
i sent my car there for tuning carb.
so far...
everything ok already.....

newbie2

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

newbie2

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
im a newbie, jus wanna share my experience^^ i using a new persona 1.6auto, i been using some unknown brand for engine oil, which make my car really no power, even jus a flyover at highway i hav to rev rpm to 4.0 n above only den the car wil move..>< i've been complaining to my frens bout my persona really no power at all...cos it is a new car...it make me so fed up...><

den my fren recommend me a oil brand name TORCO, SR1 5w30 100%syn, altho it is pricey but i jus giv it a try, immediately the car hav really improve, the engine is quiet, rev up freely, more powerful and the most important FUEL CONSUMPTION has improve alot . I get 70km more per full tank...>< my current mileage is 7300 on Torco and the oil is still working fine

anything would u guys advise bout engine oil n others? im new..would like to know more n how the works...=)

Attached Thumbnails

• SR_1_5w30.jpg

babygrand

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

babygrand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
My iswara event worse RM70 RON 95 only can last 270KM. But i noticed after change the new black oil it become dark after 2 days and sent few to outside workshop to do the tuning, change spark plug, adjusted the top engine still the same. Please who can help me now and thank you in advanced.