Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Forte 1.6 (6-speed) Vs Proton Inspira 1.8

• Please log in to reply

ryder

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Which has a better ride and handling, the new Forte 6-speed or the Inspira?

For looks the Forte wins hands down. More and more Fortes and Inspiras are flooding the roads of Klang Valley these days and it would be interesting to know what are the public's criterias when deciding between these two vehicles. I suspect Inspira owners are from the older generation who opt for safe choices(non-Korean brands), possibly having owned Proton vehicles for more than a decade or most part of their lives. Most likely in their late 30's, early 40's or the 50's. Forte owners are probably from the new or younger generation in their mid 20's to early 30's, or those who are not afraid to try something new.

Has anybody test driven both Forte(either the old 4-speed or the new 6-speed) and the Inspira? Which vehicle has a better ride and handling inching closer to the better continental vehicles?

At any rate I reckon the younger generation or those who are less patriotic would be less inclined to go with Proton vehicles unless they do not have other options. The way I look at it is after more than 20 years in the business Proton still fails to produce good cars and cannot seem to become independent. They keep using other manufacturer's design, do some minor tweaks and adjustments to the handling and suspension system etc. and then rebadge the vehicles under their own name. And the prices of these vehicles are still high when compared to imported vehicles in their "untaxed" form, Langkawi prices.

Choices will still be made as both vehicles appeal to a select group of folks who have different priorities in their lives.

vr2turbo

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Go for test drive and find out for yourself....that is the best...... smile_thumbup.gif

mosh

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 28 2011, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go for test drive and find out for yourself....that is the best...... smile_thumbup.gif

are the 6 speed forte comes with a basic model range or naza will market it as their high end model ?

vr2turbo

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Feb 28 2011, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are the 6 speed forte comes with a basic model range or naza will market it as their high end model ?

ask darrel brother, he knows better...... smile_tongue.gif

nofear1979

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Feb 28 2011, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes 6 speed forte comes with a basic model... the EX

highend model will has extra stuffs/features..... the SX

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 28 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ask darrel brother, he knows better...... smile_tongue.gif

dun ask him better... he bengang already when i told him i'll get a 6 speed... lol
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

darreltian

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Mar 17 2011, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes 6 speed forte comes with a basic model... the EX

highend model will has extra stuffs/features..... the SX

dun ask him better... he bengang already when i told him i'll get a 6 speed... lol

kia is not like proton or perodua, offering more than 6 variances for each of their model....even with the so called 'lower-spec' forte i.e. the EX you still get 6-speeds, 2 airbags, ABS, EBD, 4 disc brakes, fog lamps and faster 0-100km/hr century sprint

as for FL SX, i wish not to comment coz now i really bengang as what NF said.... smile_blackeye.gif smile_disapprove.gif ...........

cashloke

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

cashloke

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 966 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 28 2011, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a poll question la, uncle Vr.
My choice goes to Forte!!

rallychamp

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Mar 17 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kia is not like proton or perodua, offering more than 6 variances for each of their model....even with the so called 'lower-spec' forte i.e. the EX you still get 6-speeds, 2 airbags, ABS, EBD, 4 disc brakes, fog lamps and faster 0-100km/hr century sprint

as for FL SX, i wish not to comment coz now i really bengang as what NF said.... smile_blackeye.gif smile_disapprove.gif ...........

go sell ur car fast2.....

buy 6speed model....it got huge advantage over 4speeder....dun believe me..ask peugeot owner comparing 4at with 6at.... smile_approve.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cashloke @ Mar 17 2011, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a poll question la, uncle Vr.
My choice goes to Forte!!

But no voting one....... smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (rallychamp @ Mar 17 2011, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

buy 6speed model....it got huge advantage over 4speeder....dun believe me..ask peugeot owner comparing 4at with 6at.... smile_approve.gif

If still have potong kereta in future, then wait for 6 speed gear box....... smile_wink.gif

darreltian

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:30 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Mar 17 2011, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u wanna buy my 4-speedster? smile_big.gif

actually the 4 speed does has its own advantage, longer gear ratio where i can pull up to 110km/hr easily in 2nd gear before it automatically upshift above 6,000rpm smile_tongue.gif .........the last 2 gears offered now in FL is more for highway cruising which does show improvement in FC...after NF got his chilli-red i will challenge him for a duel century sprint smile_cool.gif