Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ssangyong Stavic Anyone

• Please log in to reply

SkyChew

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

SkyChew

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
Anybody own a Stavic?

What is your experience driving this monster in the road?

Hardly can see any on the road.

A lot at LCCT--> Luxury Taxi I guess

mrkesavan

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

mrkesavan

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
question been posted long time ago! well, will share my experience driving it. very torquey. i had loaded the mpv with 7 adult yet it doesnt show any difficulties in pulling all of us. cornering, i would say it is good for this size of mpv. turning radius is great.

kswei

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:edu#~#homefam#~#motoring#~#sports
QUOTE (mrkesavan @ Sep 20 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
question been posted long time ago! well, will share my experience driving it. very torquey. i had loaded the mpv with 7 adult yet it doesnt show any difficulties in pulling all of us. cornering, i would say it is good for this size of mpv. turning radius is great.

My Sis interested to get one, coz now is only rm99k, any one have any other input or own one.. can you pls share some pros and cons of this car.. if this car is ok in terms of drive, engine, FC ?

Thanks !!

1st Member of AW Since 1999

lwlty

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

lwlty

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
if not wrong this brands korea car tempory shut down or waiting new buyer.

Kevin

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (lwlty @ Sep 2 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mahindra is poised to buy Ssangyong.

RM99k for a Stavic is a good deal for me too but my biggest concern is the company behind the marque in Malaysia. They are full of bull and their previous track record shows it.

Also, with the Hyundai Starex in town, the Stavic's trump cards of space and turbo diesel power are gone.

r3xt0n

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Sep 2 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mahindra is poised to buy Ssangyong.

RM99k for a Stavic is a good deal for me too but my biggest concern is the company behind the marque in Malaysia. They are full of bull and their previous track record shows it.

Also, with the Hyundai Starex in town, the Stavic's trump cards of space and turbo diesel power are gone.

Mahindra already bought over Ssangyong and completing the acquisition. See http://www.bsmotorin...an-plant/2474/1

RM99k with 3 years or 100,000 km warranty is quite a good deal. I see Hilton Hotel use it as their limousine too. For a big hotel chain to decide using Stavic, they must have did their due diligence and careful consideration.

The main concern of lack of spare parts and experience workshop is not as bad as many thought. Just check out Rexton Hub for the wealth of info on the Part Suppliers, workshop and also owner experience. Both Rexton and Stavic share the same engine and transmission (minus the 4X4) plus most of the electronic gadgets like ABS, Distributed Breakfoce Control, ESP, Anti-Roll, Speed Sensing Power Steering, Auto-Climate, Auto-Windsreen Wiper, Auto-Headlight, Auto-Cabin Light, etc.. Hardly any other MPV below 100k budget like Innova, Naza Ria, Livina, came close in comparison. Test drive and compare each of them will give you the best answer.

Hyundai Starex is surely more spacious than Stavic but it is about RM40k or 40% more expensive. If budget is not a constraint and space is the priority, it is a worthy consideration too.

r3xt0n

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (lwlty @ Sep 2 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ssangyong was under brankrupcy protection after its panel of creditors agreed to their debt restructure plan. It does not benefit anyone to shut them down. It is in active operation and in fact, they are doing very well in 2010 as compared to previous year. They just launched a new 2.0 litre Rexton and another new model http://forum.autowor...=...t&p=1597064 just launched too. Mahindra has acquired them and completing the acquisition with the plan to setup assembly in India too.

lwlty

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

lwlty

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
oh so sorry , noted!

kswei

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:edu#~#homefam#~#motoring#~#sports
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Sep 2 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ssangyong was under brankrupcy protection after its panel of creditors agreed to their debt restructure plan. It does not benefit anyone to shut them down. It is in active operation and in fact, they are doing very well in 2010 as compared to previous year. They just launched a new 2.0 litre Rexton and another new model http://forum.autowor...=...t&p=1597064 just launched too. Mahindra has acquired them and completing the acquisition with the plan to setup assembly in India too.

Wow, thanks for the reply, will advice her than. Good.

as for starex, it's just too big..too tall and out of their budget as well.
1st Member of AW Since 1999

r3xt0n

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (kswei @ Sep 4 2010, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, thanks for the reply, will advice her than. Good.

as for starex, it's just too big..too tall and out of their budget as well.

It is just like driving a van, just more comfortable and luxurious. If it is meant for a lady driver, better to let her drive around the city and try parking, could be a challenging task. No point for the MPV ended up in car porch just because of this.