Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Michelin Pilot Sports 3 (ps3)

• Please log in to reply

mubull

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Jul 31 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
orait...understand...
the tyre shop i went said if want better handling out of the PS3,can try this setup smile_tongue.gif
but most of the time is normal drive,so didnt try smile_tongue.gif

bro. i think any tires also can try this setting.

Just to share with u guys.

My city VTEC last time used to hv some stabability issues on highway ..its jumping like a frog on highway drive.. and diff to keep straighline when > 110kmh on highway .. SC changed all shocks.. but help a bit only.

Then go and change the front camber nut and set to -0.4 ve. Is much stable now.

Not 100% sure is due to the camber or not ?
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

mubull

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (lancer1981 @ Jul 31 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are your PS3 softer than F1Asy? These are the tires you are using, am I right? Thanks.

I feel tht PS3 are softer and comfort than F1 ASSY. .. and I think ASSY shd be more durable than Ps3 based on wht I see thus far. Only time will tell when the Ps3 worn out
www.duragloss.com.my

mubull

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 31 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, my views are mostly money for value. I do not have a budget to splash, or not in a position to...ha! ha!, therefore I do have quite a number of members following my recommendations..... smile_tongue.gif
PS3 after checking is more expensive then the F1 I was using. RM450 to RM390, so even if I change the tyres I would have gone back to F1. To me they are about the same in performance and handling, therefore price played the last part.
Then of course there are the V12 Evo and even Nexen 8000 on my mind. For my size the V12 are at RM350 (too close to F1 price) as F1 have better handling and performance, but Nexen are priced at RM290 only..... smile_shock.gif

ya man~. .if purely looking for performance ,handling.. I think F1 ASSY will hv some extra since its cheaper by +-RM50 pcs for 215/45/17. Unless someone are looking for slightly comfortable and dun mind paying some extra for the mic tag
www.duragloss.com.my

mubull

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Aug 2 2010, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Talking about -ve camber... after lower my car and also customized thicked anti roll bar, my rear un-adjustable camber are now at -3.7 to -3.9, that make my car look very touring car set up & very stable in fast cornering smile_thumbup.gif but it also really killing my tire & also slow down speed timing smile_angry.gif ...but lucky i 'm on stupid cheap N3000 smile_clown.gif . the special camber kits is on the way here and hope that will revert my speed timing back..but will also lost the FUN on the cornering smile_disapprove.gif ..

wah~~ .. -3.7ve .. hehehe really killing the rear sets
www.duragloss.com.my

ycfoo

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
wow! -3.XX??? @ the rear, the car will not understeet meh? unless u hv a RWD car but that seem too much nope?

For me daily used all 4 sides r ~ -1'30", Toe = 0.0. if put in -2'30@ the front can see the inner tyres been "eat" up very fast in 1 week (~300km) of driving. for me any thing more then -2.0 is not good for tyre economy.

if u wanna hv a more stable highway drive, can try to hv a -ve camber ~ -0.30 to -1.0deg & toe out max 0.30deg (0.15 per side) @ the front. given the aligment & tyres is in good condition ur car should be very nice to drive in high speed too. Also u can see ur steering turn-in will be more sharp. *Down side is ur inner tyres wall may wear out faster then 0 toe,so keep them rotate regular 5,000km(soft compound) to 10,000km (hard compund). End of the day, we hv to R&D abit to get the best loh.

note: 1 deg = 60min.

vr2turbo

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Aug 2 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q? some of the tyre shop here said the PS3 is a replacement for the PP, & not for the PS2?

They mention both PP2 and PS2..... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Aug 2 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow! -3.XX??? @ the rear, the car will not understeet meh? unless u hv a RWD car but that seem too much nope?

For me daily used all 4 sides r ~ -1'30", Toe = 0.0. if put in -2'30@ the front can see the inner tyres been "eat" up very fast in 1 week (~300km) of driving. for me any thing more then -2.0 is not good for tyre economy.

if u wanna hv a more stable highway drive, can try to hv a -ve camber ~ -0.30 to -1.0deg & toe out max 0.30deg (0.15 per side) @ the front. given the aligment & tyres is in good condition ur car should be very nice to drive in high speed too. Also u can see ur steering turn-in will be more sharp. *Down side is ur inner tyres wall may wear out faster then 0 toe,so keep them rotate regular 5,000km(soft compound) to 10,000km (hard compund). End of the day, we hv to R&D abit to get the best loh.

note: 1 deg = 60min.

Daily drive, mine not more than -1 (front). Rear can go up to -1.5..... smile_tongue.gif

cavaliars

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Aug 2 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro. i think any tires also can try this setting.

Just to share with u guys.

My city VTEC last time used to hv some stabability issues on highway ..its jumping like a frog on highway drive.. and diff to keep straighline when > 110kmh on highway .. SC changed all shocks.. but help a bit only.

Then go and change the front camber nut and set to -0.4 ve. Is much stable now.

Not 100% sure is due to the camber or not ?

i have the the same prob last time when using 185/55/15 tyre...very hard to keep straight line...after change to 195/55/15 is much better...slighty more comfort too...

mubull

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Aug 4 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have the the same prob last time when using 185/55/15 tyre...very hard to keep straight line...after change to 195/55/15 is much better...slighty more comfort too...

good to her tht// Wht is your front camber setting now.?
www.duragloss.com.my

cavaliars

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Aug 4 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good to her tht// Wht is your front camber setting now.?

erm,dunno wor...
chamber nut still original...so,cant be set right?
dunno what my usual tyre shop set to what...