Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

kia spectra pick up problem

• Please log in to reply

kiakorea

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

kiakorea

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
retune the computer box about RM100 only...just amazing the power!! already did and the car clock 120000km already maa
regards

mcbert

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

mcbert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
QUOTE (kiakorea @ Jan 28 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
retune the computer box about RM100 only...just amazing the power!! already did and the car clock 120000km already maa

By plug-in the OBD scanner to tht OBD socket is not "retuning", those r use to erase fault codes. 100bucks for rechipping is juz too good to be true.

So, care to elaborate how did u/they RETUNED ur computer box?

Yes, It Sucks
No, I Dont Care

Item to let go:
1. Spectra - Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
2. Spectra - Mythelogy Lighten Crank Pulley

haroldz

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

haroldz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
he silap taip kot

y not do quick flash?
any different?

fkmfkm

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (haroldz @ Feb 3 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he silap taip kot

y not do quick flash?
any different?

what do you mean by quick flash ?

sumi

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

sumi

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (RocketFuel @ Nov 28 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Change the cat con to bullet half year ago, feels like normal and nothing
special, accelerating and going up cameron or genting feels ok, just ram
the accelerator and the car will go, although less powderful than waja
manual. However overall an excellent daily ride to work with 500km/tank
using RON92. Loan shall finish soon......yeeee haaaaa

kau guna petrol apa? shell ke..aku petronas...around 400km jer.... smile_disapprove.gif

sumi

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

sumi

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (ManB @ Jan 7 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not quite sure why most ppl likes to condemn what they actually don't know. Well, I used an owner of a Spectra in 2001 and letgo the car in 2003 for the main reason of a back problem and not the car.

Love the car so much and have done quite a bit to make it performed much better than Waja. If you really want to compare between Spectra and Waja, it like the Malay saying, "Bak langit dgn Bumi" Huge differences.

For info to all, the Spectra factory setting was a bit on a low side but you can improved them. Areas to improve are;

1. Before you do anything else, make sure you tighten the throttle cables 1st. To make sure you do feel the difference, suffer yourself for a week driving the car without making any changes. Tighten the cables to almost 95%. Most SC will say cannot takut putus. Tell them go to hell. I did it to all my Kias, Spectra, Carens and Sportage, tak pernah putus pun.

2. After you have done the cable, wait for another week to get the feel. most of the time after a week, you started feeling that the performance mcm biasa jek. Without realising it is you adapting to the change not the car. Then go for the removing the cat con. Please don't give those ceramah perdana about environment because the ones fitted for Kia Spectra is the lousiest cat con on earth. Remove them with half swirl and half straight bullet. I used to use the GT2 bullet but with Sportage I use someother brand with is much better performance. Remove the cat con and change with the bullet. Then you feel 2 things, the car gets lighter when it goes and the FC improves about 15%.

3. Then go for ###### drop-in filter and the Cyclone 3. These 2 helps very much on the intake of air to the throttle and it give you the nudge you need everytime you want to speed up.

4. Spark plug, it is up to you what type you like. they are all workable but I used the Bosch Super4.

5. Never go for the Voltage stabilizers, nothing can be of assistance there. I was an idiot thinking the Voltage stabilizers were the answer to my prayers. It was the battery. Not sure what type whether it was the NS 55 or NS 60. but if standard is NS55, change it to NS65. You will agree with me that you will feel the power after that.

6. Then on others just use the normal maintenance, Engine Oil I prefer the Mobil 1 fully syn and I change every 20K, instead of 10K.

Spectra has quite a common problem after 5 years. Gearbox. but with a carefully maintenance, you won't have to worry about it. Use Shell full Syn ATF.

If you do this, you will enjoy the car more than if you have opted the other Japs or Proton cars. Tin kosong. Expensive tin kosong.

macamana nak pasng ns65?batri for spectra din55...tapak dia tak ngam la...

RocketFuel

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

RocketFuel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
QUOTE (sumi @ Feb 14 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kau guna petrol apa? shell ke..aku petronas...around 400km jer.... smile_disapprove.gif

spectra 500km/tank actually pretty easy,

1.accelerate sedately. you know laaa spectra really lembu.
2.on approaching bumps, slow down, don't ever brake
3.avoid braking as much as possible and only when neccessary
4.use air con sedately, better never use at all
5.speed between 60 - 80 kmh
6.avoid jerking da RPM, keep < 2k rpm all the time.
7.avoid jam road ( I use MRR2 daily) or if jam, let the car cruise and avoid stop/jerking.

so in one month I only fill up 2x full tank at 1000++ km/month (use ron92), oso anything you use sedately never breaks down (same applies to wife, lawn mower, drills, motorbike). my spectra is going to 6th year and engine still tip top albeit bodies full of dents and scrathes thanks to fat monkeys who can't open their car/lorry doors and ass holes who knock my car on all 4 sides. already finish da loan, yeee haaaa

Light Your Arse on Fire

sumi

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:45 AM

sumi

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (RocketFuel @ Mar 7 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
spectra 500km/tank actually pretty easy,

1.accelerate sedately. you know laaa spectra really lembu.

rocketfuel...kau cuba ni.....tukar timing belt...use DYCO...rm240 1 set.....enjin senyap..pik-up....memang senyap....kemudian guna K&N air filter....dasyat!!! berdesut...kat trafik light pecut 140km....tak boleh kejar satria neo...jalan highway tu lebih kurang 1km jer...

SEKARANG KERETA KAU TAK JADI LEMBU LAGI...TAPI JADI CHETAH....
KAU CUBA LAH...aku spectra 2006

HKmotorsTC

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

HKmotorsTC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi! Guys... smile_blush.gif
It's been a long time.
I heard that a lot of spectra owners has been complained about car no pick up & F.C & brake system
are not effective.
Actually, there are a lot of reason than what we suppose.

During 3 years, I've cosidered that how can i make more engine power and braking system even in normal conditions.
Now i would like to introduce them to you guys..
Good day!! smile_wink.gif

gusunghoi

cicakboy

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

cicakboy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (HKmotorsTC @ Apr 7 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi! Guys... smile_blush.gif
It's been a long time.
I heard that a lot of spectra owners has been complained about car no pick up & F.C & brake system
are not effective.
Actually, there are a lot of reason than what we suppose.

During 3 years, I've cosidered that how can i make more engine power and braking system even in normal conditions.
Now i would like to introduce them to you guys..
Good day!! smile_wink.gif

smile_question.gif smile_question.gif smile_question.gif