Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda City Throttle Problem

• Please log in to reply

james3g

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

james3g

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
Hi all,

I've got a 2006 Honda City and recently experiencing the infamous engine jerking problem, especially in a sudden stop or uphill situation. smile_cry.gif

I sent the car to SC and they told me need to change the throttle body, costing more than 1k. Finally I sent the car to normal workshop to have the throttle cleaned and the problem went away for a while until it came back again less than a month.

I would like to know if anyone encountering this and managed to fixed this without replacing the whole throttle? Can you recommend me the workshop specialized in cleaning throttle body?

Appreciate all the support!

Cheers!
- You will never walk alone -

KL3223

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
Try them:

Kawa Koshi Auto Air Conditioning Service. 03-6275 5836
No. 33, Jln 3/36, Taman Sri Bintang, 52100 Kuala Lumpur
(Not far from Desa Park City main entrance, usually open between 10 - 10:30 a.m)

Though stated as Auto Air Cond Svc, but they do regular servicing and troubleshooting. Peter, the boss, will use his brain first before anyhow changing parts smile_thumbup.gif

james3g

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

james3g

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
Hi everyone,

Any more suggestion to solve the throttle problem? I really need help in getting a good referral to the mechanic who knows how to fix it.

Appreciate if you can let me know more option. Thanks much!

chkwong

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

chkwong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
Instead of changing the whole throttle body, perhaps it is the throttle position sensor itself is having problem? This doesn't cost much.

leongts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
james,

I don't have a City, but just trying to understand the situation. The TB was very dirty or was there any mechanical fault? Was it always covered with a layer of black soot or wet oil stain?

Regards.

ColinLee

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

ColinLee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Jun 2 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
james,

I don't have a City, but just trying to understand the situation. The TB was very dirty or was there any mechanical fault? Was it always covered with a layer of black soot or wet oil stain?

Regards.

hmm. From your statement, it looks like you need to change the "o" ring. Guys, please correct me if I am wrong.

leongts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
colin,

That's what I am trying to ask James. The TB may be suffering from oil contamination. But it can be as simple as some stup1d SC staffs overfilling the engine oil, something which almost all SC are prone to and most owners don't care until it hits their pocket.

Regards.

james3g

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

james3g

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Jun 2 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
colin,

That's what I am trying to ask James. The TB may be suffering from oil contamination. But it can be as simple as some stup1d SC staffs overfilling the engine oil, something which almost all SC are prone to and most owners don't care until it hits their pocket.

Regards.

Hi Leong,

Thanks for asking.

From my first repair at the workshop, the mechanic told me the TB is dirty. They took it out for cleaning and after that the problem went away. Now it started to come back once a while (the jerking) but not like previous where almost every morning I'm facing it.

Anyways to totally eliminate this problem other than changing the TB?

Thanks...

Best regards,
James

pgkia

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
just sharing my past experience with my proton wira 1.6 manual....

i hit into the same problem after ~6 yrs. I tried to tell the SC and they performed some kind of computerized tunning for me, and charged me RM50 for that. It was ok for <1 week. Then i sent back for re-tune. Nothing can be done then. I approach anpther workshop which is claimed for experienced Mitshubishi service. They tried to clean, and charged me for RM80 for complete TB cleaning. It was ok for 1-2 months. Finally i sent back to the workshop, and charged me RM800+ for a new TB (labor charge waived). That was 5+ yrs ago.

Durign the chat, the service leader was telling me the sensor might be faulty, so they tried to clean for me. After all, they found that the cleaning did not help, and there was nowhere to replace only the sensor, so the whole TB has to be replaced. After that, the car back to normal. 2 yrs later, engine block got hairline crack. The service leader asked me to quickly sold off the car before it became more obvious.

leongts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
james,

Is your engine oil overfilled? This is easy enough to check through DIY.

Regards.