Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Durability And Maintenance Of Peugeot After 5 Years

• Please log in to reply

hakimi79

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (blackdolph @ Nov 23 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lee, I think we'll wait for some of our Penang oldies to come and reply here and you can meet them up during their monthly Fri night TT. Easier that way.

Maintenance cost is basically just that... cost of 10K km service and also periodic replacement of minor and major wear and tear parts. For me, there is no compromise when it comes to safety and engine parts... like tyres, suspension, brakes etc... A car exterior can look a bit old but these critical parts must be in tip top condition, that's what I mean.

P/S: The Forte looks good eh? Going to have a look now and see whether can test drive.

hehe....forte really looks good and has lengthy of equipments as well. 93k for 2.0, it is really a bargain.
now whoever who still buy city and vios really has no brain. sterb292.gif

epang

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
QUOTE (sanook @ Nov 23 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You drive the car, not the car drive you.

2012 coming soon! We were warned.

Altho i just own a 206.. but after owning it and joining the peugeot communities for more than 1 yrs, i love it so much till i decided to became a Peugeot salesperson smile_approve.gif so that everyday i can drive a 407 n 308 haha

lee5079

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

lee5079

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
salmonella,

Just ask urself......do u enjoy driving ?
if yes........LIon is the answer....not the Ts or Hs......

I enjoy driving and both of the cars I short listed are good for me and fun to drive.

sanook,

Luckily that I didn't watch 2012. So, i don't plan to buy a car to drive for 3 years only

hakimi79,

Lets not try to discuss too much about the Forte here ( it is a good car from what I read but is a comfortable A to B car, not really a driver's car )

epang,

Good to hear that, are you a SA in Northern region ? I am having real difficulty in getting a good SA for PUG. So far, those that I spoken to made me wanted to stay away from the Lions. I nearly gave up on even getting a test drive of this car as all my 4th trips to the showroom visits are not very pleasant. That including the SA telling me the 407 is equipped with GPRS. Another SA telling me this car is so complicated and himself does not like it and asking me to get the standard model without the GPS and LCD since GPS is useless and LCD is very complicated... I am speechless hearing all these.

lee5079

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

lee5079

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
I am going a bit off Topic for myself here just to clear things out. I initially do not wish to put the other shortlisted model since I do not wish this thread to turns into a my brand is better than your brand threads.. but I see the values of listing it out.

the 2 cars i short listed are the 407 and Zoom Zoom 3, I can say both cars have their "Fun to drive and Proud to own" features.

The things that stopping me getting the 407 are as per my concerns posted in this thread. In shorts, both these cars have something each other has and doesn't has which made them different.

In shorts the main un-deciding factors
- 407, my concerns of this thread title.
- Zoom Zoom 3, Lacks of the DSC offered by local specs but I have confidence in the long term quality and durability.

Please do not proceeds in comparing these 2 cars and I still wish to maintain the topics on 407's concerns that I had, this should also rules out further comparison of 407 vs other cars here.

danieltcc

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

danieltcc

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (lee5079 @ Nov 23 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am going a bit off Topic for myself here just to clear things out. I initially do not wish to put the other shortlisted model since I do not wish this thread to turns into a my brand is better than your brand threads.. but I see the values of listing it out.

the 2 cars i short listed are the 407 and Zoom Zoom 3, I can say both cars have their "Fun to drive and Proud to own" features.

The things that stopping me getting the 407 are as per my concerns posted in this thread. In shorts, both these cars have something each other has and doesn't has which made them different.

In shorts the main un-deciding factors
- 407, my concerns of this thread title.
- Zoom Zoom 3, Lacks of the DSC offered by local specs but I have confidence in the long term quality and durability.

Please do not proceeds in comparing these 2 cars and I still wish to maintain the topics on 407's concerns that I had, this should also rules out further comparison of 407 vs other cars here.

Lee, I sort of able to share the sentiments that you have. I myself took almost a year to decide to get the 407. Looked at T&H, even the Zoom zoom 6. But the budget I was willing to splurge, always bring me back to the 407. Took delivery of the car last month. However, I've owned another conti for the past 9 years. Its an Alfa. So imagine that the Italian is more temperamental than the French. But I've survived. If one takes care of their car, maintenance is not a big issue. Furthermore, my Alfa was one of the first model with the Selespeed. I've spent quite a number of hours in the workshop and I've spent many if not uncountable hours behind the wheels and enjoying the car. To say the least, the Alfa is quite reliable, at least from my perspective. So I got myself another conti in the form of a Lion. My wife seems to like it. She says the car very quiet and comfy. Just that the car is large for her for day to day driving. Every brand and model will have its lemons. In fact, even Lexus has its odd units that's a lemon... albeit its probably one in a thousand unit. I'm still driving the Alfa and occasionally take the Lion out for a roar.. since the child car seat is in that car too. I've learned to live with the quirks of a conti and believe that I've derived a lot of joy of ownership and driving experience in them. Makes me feel proud to own these cars. I used to have a Perdana. That was an everyday car that you can trash it around, cos it trashes you around too! Haha... Kidding.

Anyway, if you can bear with the sometimes quirkiness of the character of the car.... you will be able to get as much out of the car and feel proud to stand next to the car. Believe me, I still turn and look at the car, even after parking, just to admire the car under artificial lights, under sun light, under moonlight. It will always make me feel that the decision, though it took a long while, was nevertheless, the good choice in my book.

Cheers!
Daniel in the Lion's Den

alankkwong

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
BlackDolphin,
You wanna sell your 405? I am looking for a 405...
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

epang

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
QUOTE (lee5079 @ Nov 23 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
epang,

Good to hear that, are you a SA in Northern region ? I am having real difficulty in getting a good SA for PUG. So far, those that I spoken to made me wanted to stay away from the Lions. I nearly gave up on even getting a test drive of this car as all my 4th trips to the showroom visits are not very pleasant. That including the SA telling me the 407 is equipped with GPRS. Another SA telling me this car is so complicated and himself does not like it and asking me to get the standard model without the GPS and LCD since GPS is useless and LCD is very complicated... I am speechless hearing all these.

Lee,

I am from KL.. but distance is not a problems for me.. i sell the car internationally haha.. as i mention somewhere before, i sold one 308 to my client who currently is based in Doha. smile_blush.gif

As for the 407 premium spec you are talking about.. actually myself i would prefer the premium which came with the leatherseat and GPS, it is actually very simply to use .. others function inc.
1. GPS easy n simple to use with different languages
2. Play movie file.. good when you are stuck in a jam or long distance driving (ofcourse primary for the passanger la)
3. Play MP3, ipod etc got usb port,
4. Can save in photos
5. Can plug in a viewcam to play clip
6. Got memo function can remind you what do to eg. meeting, shopping list etc.
7. Got matching card games

Latest software upgrade
8. Blackbox function ( this one i havent really tested it out yet on what/how does it work)

Optional accessories
9. Reverse camera ( will show up at the LCD screen)

Did i miss something else? laugh.gif of btw its a touch screen.. hahahaha

sootienann

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

sootienann

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
QUOTE (blackdolph @ Nov 23 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P/S: The Forte looks good eh? Going to have a look now and see whether can test drive.

QUOTE (lee5079 @ Nov 23 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for clarify on the maintenance portion. ( Yup, Forte very tempting and cost the same OTR with Sylphy, will visit the show room tomorrow after work )

QUOTE (hakimi79 @ Nov 23 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehe....forte really looks good and has lengthy of equipments as well. 93k for 2.0, it is really a bargain.
now whoever who still buy city and vios really has no brain. sterb292.gif

QUOTE (lee5079 @ Nov 23 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets not try to discuss too much about the Forte here ( it is a good car from what I read but is a comfortable A to B car, not really a driver's car )

get the kia forte.
much cheaper than peugeot.
from reviews, handling is good (assuming we get euro spec suspension).

in another six months, there will be a lot of self-congratulatory posts in the kia forum,
praising their forte and looking down on any other cars.
same thing as what i see a lot of currently in peugeot forum

zerachiel

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

zerachiel

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
QUOTE (sootienann @ Nov 23 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get the kia forte.
much cheaper than peugeot.
from reviews, handling is good (assuming we get euro spec suspension).

in another six months, there will be a lot of self-congratulatory posts in the kia forum,
praising their forte and looking down on any other cars.
same thing as what i see a lot of currently in peugeot forum

smile_blush.gif kia forte looks awesome on the exterior.......but when i saw the interior,i nearly fainted smile_dead.gif

the steering,my goodness,looks tooooo round...........and it really destroyed the look of that car smile_shock.gif

sootienann

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

sootienann

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
QUOTE (zerachiel @ Nov 23 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_blush.gif kia forte looks awesome on the exterior.......but when i saw the interior,i nearly fainted smile_dead.gif

the steering,my goodness,looks tooooo round...........and it really destroyed the look of that car smile_shock.gif

nice what, euro design