Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

407 "prnd" Warning

• Please log in to reply

qisti76

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

qisti76

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Yup, me too encountered the same problem but it came out while the car was not moving. Got another problem as well, the car horn sounded a bit weird, not as loud or 'garang' like before. Went to Geot Auto and they adjust the hi & lo mode but still sounded weird. Now really malu to tekan the horn, big car horn like sissy...

kenso

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (qisti76 @ Apr 14 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, me too encountered the same problem but it came out while the car was not moving. Got another problem as well, the car horn sounded a bit weird, not as loud or 'garang' like before. Went to Geot Auto and they adjust the hi & lo mode but still sounded weird. Now really malu to tekan the horn, big car horn like sissy...

Ur Lion roaring like a kitten? Oh no! Time to change horn smile_big.gif

benthewen

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

benthewen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Apr 14 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ur Lion roaring like a kitten? Oh no! Time to change horn smile_big.gif

historically this french lion does sound like kitten or maybe lion cub la..
at least now the horn is in the "correct" place unlike previous model where horn is at the indicator switch.. smile_tongue.gif

beezbub

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

beezbub

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
QUOTE (benthewen @ Apr 15 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
historically this french lion does sound like kitten or maybe lion cub la..
at least now the horn is in the "correct" place unlike previous model where horn is at the indicator switch.. smile_tongue.gif

indicator switch?? that must be another schmuck french designer, like the initial speedometer, making ppl confused at high speed. i would liked the resetting of the trip meter be a button at the lighting stalk, then the button at the wiper stalk becomes auto-wiper enable/disable. then the wiper push down will be for wiping once only. this solves the problem of wanting to wipe once without enabling the auto-wiper.

oh, well.. somethings could be better..

anyway, back to the horn. we have 2 different horns. 2 different horn sound together. shd check whether one of the horn is faulty.

kyl2010

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

kyl2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I was spoken to a Peugeot user and he mentioned "prnd" alert is a safety feature indicating ABS sensors are not functioning well. Hence it will restrict the car to certain gear ratio so that you won't be able to speed. Hope this would help to solve the problem.

qisti76

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

qisti76

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hi Guys, found this at http://peugeot.mains...al_system.shtml through Uncle D's blog.

Horn inoperative, or unsatisfactory in operation

Horn operates all the time
» Horn contacts permanently bridged or
horn push stuck down.

Horn fails to operate
» Blown fuse.
» Cable or cable connections loose,
broken or disconnected.
» Faulty horn.

Horn emits intermittent or unsatisfactory sound
» Cable connections loose.
» Horn mountings loose.
» Faulty horn.

jjqlee

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

jjqlee

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Hello all,

Let get back to "PRND" warning matter. Every morning after driving for 5 minutes, my 407 will displayed "PRND" warning message on the panel. But only in the morning, no jerking on the gearbox. If is on the busy traffic, will ride on until there is a space to park the car. Switch off and waited for 2 minutes to restart the car. After that no more message until next morning. Very strange. Anyone has the same problem? Is it likely to be battery or ABS problem? It has been on and off for 2 weeks now.

KoE

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

KoE

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
QUOTE (jjqlee @ Aug 27 2012, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all,

Let get back to "PRND" warning matter. Every morning after driving for 5 minutes, my 407 will displayed "PRND" warning message on the panel. But only in the morning, no jerking on the gearbox. If is on the busy traffic, will ride on until there is a space to park the car. Switch off and waited for 2 minutes to restart the car. After that no more message until next morning. Very strange. Anyone has the same problem? Is it likely to be battery or ABS problem? It has been on and off for 2 weeks now.

jiglee...a bit late in reply dept...but mine had that error before. It was the sensor. Hope you'd fixed yours already.

xiaogary

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

xiaogary

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Prnd comes in morning after few minutes of driving because car is not warmed up to the near 90degree celcius and alrdy trying to travel on 4th gear. If u try to warm up until reach normal operating tenperature (have to idle very long waste time waste petrol) or travel off but keep speed below 68kmph so that it dont change up to 4th gear until you warm up to normal temperature. The prnd will not come out. Rule of the game, warm up or travel max 3rd gear until reach normal temperature then speed up to 4th gear. Or else prnd come out. U need to stop, park gear, off engine, start again with warning light prnd but it will disappear and back to normal u less your temperature is still less than normal and u hit 4th gear, it will down gear for u and prnd again.

freeck

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

freeck

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
Hope this is not late. Check ur abs sensor . Mine replaced then fixed.