Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

407 "prnd" Warning

• Please log in to reply

CYC

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
The "PRND" Warning Sign came out on my 407's Display this morning. The gear seem cannot shift up. Anyone encounter tis problem b4. After restart my car, the warn sign disapear ...

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00028.JPG

ikus

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (CYC @ Nov 1 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "PRND" Warning Sign came out on my 407's Display this morning. The gear seem cannot shift up. Anyone encounter tis problem b4. After restart my car, the warn sign disapear ...

Dear CYC,

Open your Peugeot 407 handbook/manualbook and turn to page 27. It says, "automatic gearbox malfunction"....
No, so far never encounter with this problem
Mr. Romeo

ikus

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
Maybe solenoid problem?

*and maybe chongpt can help you, coz last time his 407 gearbox oso got problem
Mr. Romeo

chargerguy

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:23 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
Is ur gear level in N when u switch off ur car? It might one of the reason. Besides that, maybe u wanna send back to SC to synchronise the GB. Try to take note does the GB go into 4th gear. Sometimes, it will stick to 3rd gear oni and need to send back to SC...sad.gif

1 cent

smile.gif

CYC

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
QUOTE (ikus @ Nov 1 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear CYC,

Open your Peugeot 407 handbook/manualbook and turn to page 27. It says, "automatic gearbox malfunction"....
No, so far never encounter with this problem

Hi Ikus,

Thanks ... oso my car got sudden die off twice in a year ... So bad.

CYC

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Nov 1 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is ur gear level in N when u switch off ur car? It might one of the reason. Besides that, maybe u wanna send back to SC to synchronise the GB. Try to take note does the GB go into 4th gear. Sometimes, it will stick to 3rd gear oni and need to send back to SC...sad.gif

1 cent

smile.gif

Hi chargerguy,

I used to park my Car in P position but without handbrake. Tat day when "PRND" appeared, the GB seem kenot shift up to 4th gear. I think will sendmy car to diagnose coming week. Not sure where is the best SC for it.

wisconsin9

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

wisconsin9

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 662 posts
CYC, last time I read before somewhere, i think Andy was talking about it. Yes, i believe it was an article by Andy. Can't remember which thread though.

The "restarting car" solution is only short-term, so you should bring to the SC a.s.a.p.
Introduce a little anarchy.

chargerguy

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (CYC @ Nov 2 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi chargerguy,

I used to park my Car in P position but without handbrake. Tat day when "PRND" appeared, the GB seem kenot shift up to 4th gear. I think will sendmy car to diagnose coming week. Not sure where is the best SC for it.

yeap...thats why i said it will stick to 3rd gear and will not shift to 4th gear...Better get it check by SC. The last time my bro have this problem, it is fix with simple syn on the gearbox from KS...Check it out....Hope thats help

Cheers

smile.gif

CYC

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Nov 2 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeap...thats why i said it will stick to 3rd gear and will not shift to 4th gear...Better get it check by SC. The last time my bro have this problem, it is fix with simple syn on the gearbox from KS...Check it out....Hope thats help

Cheers

smile.gif

Thanks Guys,

Think will send to KS, since recommended by most of you guys. Btw, dunno whether they can check the problem without servicing the car. Cos my car got another 7k km to go b4 3rd service.

wheelz

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

wheelz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
QUOTE (CYC @ Nov 3 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Guys,

Think will send to KS, since recommended by most of you guys. Btw, dunno whether they can check the problem without servicing the car. Cos my car got another 7k km to go b4 3rd service.

CYC, i'm sure they can check it and fix it without needing to service the car. I'm surprised you haven't sent the car in already since its been a week already? Unless the fault has since gone away?

Still best to be sure wink.gif Good luck and do update us!
Carpe diem