Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

40000km 308 Turbo Decarbonise

• Please log in to reply

nkh

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

nkh

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
is it necessary to do decarbon at 40000km in 308turbo?
ask at the service center, they dont know about it.
where can we do it if needed and would that void warranty?
really worry about the famous depolutional error.
mine is thp 156 now 40000km,so far ok.

rcz

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:15 PM

rcz

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
unlike normal injection engines a D.I engine must be top-overhauled in order to de-carbnonize effectively.

MASsenger

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (nkh @ Sep 17 2014, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your engine does not suffer premature carbon deposit buildup as bad as early Prince engines. However preventive maintenance is advisable.IMO it is a very good idea! chargerguy should be able to help you!

The REALdeal

chargerguy

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
RCZ,

No need top overhaul also able to decarbo it nice and clean...smile.gif

Massenger,

Pal, eventually, all will have the same build up..sad.gif

Cheers..

vr2turbo

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Oct 18 2014, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RCZ,

No need top overhaul also able to decarbo it nice and clean...smile.gif

Massenger,

Cheers..

Don't use GDi engine then less of this problem.....hahhahahha smile_big.gif

But then you can help in these cases.... smile_thumbup.gif

MASsenger

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Oct 18 2014, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Massenger,

Cheers..

That is too simplistic a view. It is true all internal combustion engines will end up carbonized as carbon is a by product of combustion. Ts is not concerned with normal carbon buildup, but rather premature carbon buildup! There is a huge difference between the old and new Prince engines in this issue.

Therefore, saying they are all the same is saying BMW wasted it's efforts & resources with R & D on the later Prince. Implying all those improvements carried out makes no difference. The latest version of Prince is a lot more reliable as 8 mods were carried out. This engine does not suffer from premature carbon buildup as the early Prince engine. Already in service for a number of years,not a single complaint of premature carbon buildup by any 408 owner.

I have done extensive research on the mods done on the new version Prince. I will be glad to post them FYI .

I'm sure you know, all Pug/Citroen sedan 1.6THP engines now are the new Prince - EP6CDTM

The REALdeal

chargerguy

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
Maybe those 408 that I had done so far is not a "M" version engine or without those mod that u mention or I am too noob to diff between old and new prince engine...Sorry about it...smile.gif smile_blush.gif smile_blush.gif

MASsenger

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Oct 23 2014, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe those 408 that I had done so far is not a "M" version engine or without those mod that u mention or I am too noob to diff between old and new prince engine...Sorry about it...smile.gif smile_blush.gif smile_blush.gif

No problem mate,keep up the good work! smile_thumbup.gif

The REALdeal

pbm

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

pbm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
QUOTE (nkh @ Sep 17 2014, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are lucky at 40k you can still ask around lol. Others have no idea why car become sluggish at even 15k biggrin.gif Carbon built up depend on your driving habits. If most of the time in jammed area it can start as low as 10k. Decarbo outside is cheaper and i bet those technician around won't know or even know you have done it outside. Heard they are more experience than me only lol

Practice safe driving always

pbm

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

pbm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Oct 21 2014, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is too simplistic a view. It is true all internal combustion engines will end up carbonized as carbon is a by product of combustion. Ts is not concerned with normal carbon buildup, but rather premature carbon buildup! There is a huge difference between the old and new Prince engines in this issue.

Therefore, saying they are all the same is saying BMW wasted it's efforts & resources with R & D on the later Prince. Implying all those improvements carried out makes no difference. The latest version of Prince is a lot more reliable as 8 mods were carried out. This engine does not suffer from premature carbon buildup as the early Prince engine. Already in service for a number of years,not a single complaint of premature carbon buildup by any 408 owner.

I have done extensive research on the mods done on the new version Prince. I will be glad to post them FYI .

I'm sure you know, all Pug/Citroen sedan 1.6THP engines now are the new Prince - EP6CDTM

Yes thats what i was told in pijot sc. 408 less premature carbon built but they still do in some cases!
Audi, bmw, mercedes and all those gdi engine makers are looking under each others hood how to solve this problem biggrin.gif.
Lastest i heard mercedes came up with extra micro noozle cleaning those valves! At Etuner i think thats where i read biggrin.gif
Practice safe driving always