Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Engine Fault Repair Needed

• Please log in to reply

ampang3008

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
Is my turn to have problem with THP engine, any one here have any idea what is going on?

When start my car, the engine sign on, and show 'Engine fault repair needed'
But no losing power, still can drive. weird part is, when reached home and off the engine, can hear the engine cooling fan blow unusual loud and will take very long time to stop.

I think this morning when I start my car engine, it show 'Economy Mode', I suspect last night when I off the engine, the cooling fan blow untill out of reserved battery then only off.

smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif

max_chock

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

max_chock

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Oct 1 2012, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is my turn to have problem with THP engine, any one here have any idea what is going on?

When start my car, the engine sign on, and show 'Engine fault repair needed'
But no losing power, still can drive. weird part is, when reached home and off the engine, can hear the engine cooling fan blow unusual loud and will take very long time to stop.

I think this morning when I start my car engine, it show 'Economy Mode', I suspect last night when I off the engine, the cooling fan blow untill out of reserved battery then only off.

smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif

if not mistaken, is not a big problem.. should be the turbo oil cooler pump need to replace.

Hey, French Auto Club MalaysiaHey,Peugeot 3008 Group Malaysia On Facebook too~~!
on Facebook~~

ampang3008

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (max_chock @ Oct 1 2012, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if not mistaken, is not a big problem.. should be the turbo oil cooler pump need to replace.

Sent to SC, after diagnosis, they service advisor said issue caused by battery weak.
Battery changed and error message gone. When off engine, cooling fan no longer weirdly blow.

Lets monitor and see whether will re occur or not.

neokn

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

neokn

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Wow! How long old was your ride? Battery weak?

MASsenger

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Oct 2 2012, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sent to SC, after diagnosis, they service advisor said issue caused by battery weak.
Battery changed and error message gone. When off engine, cooling fan no longer weirdly blow.

The problem was not your engine,but rather your battery. As you turn ignition on, automatic system self check is done using battery power. Feedback goes to the ECU. If initial power was low, the feedback becomes inaccurate. ECU will diagnose this as a fault and trigger other equipment operation

I don't think you got to worry anymore. However I am concerned over the quick run out of battery on our Pugs!

The REALdeal

ampang3008

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (neokn @ Oct 3 2012, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! How long old was your ride? Battery weak?

Average I need to change battery every 12 months, the timing for battery damn accurate, when reaching 12 month, sure die.

ampang3008

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Oct 3 2012, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem was not your engine,but rather your battery. As you turn ignition on, automatic system self check is done using battery power. Feedback goes to the ECU. If initial power was low, the feedback becomes inaccurate. ECU will diagnose this as a fault and trigger other equipment operation

I don't think you got to worry anymore. However I am concerned over the quick run out of battery on our Pugs!

MASsenger, thanks for you info.

MASsenger

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Oct 3 2012, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MASsenger, thanks for you info.

Most welcome bro. I'm keeping fingers crossed with my battery! Any procedure you recommend to extend battery life?

The REALdeal

rallychamp

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
well...i'm quite interested about premature battery failure of peugeot's car especially on this prince 1.6 engine....

some question i wanted to as to those owner...

1)did the replacement battery using the exact same battery brand and size from the one that failed?

2)what was the battery size?

3)couldn't you just change into another brand battery (that might more suitable in our hot climate)?

4)why wouldn't you just change into bigger battery capacity (ie: from stock NS40 to NS60 size)

smile_shy.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

ampang3008

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Oct 2 2012, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is not battery problem, the error come again, I'm not sure after SC did the diagnosis, the are not sure what happening and simply guess, or they know something but hiding.
At the very first place, I already feel that is not battery problem, because there did not have any battery symptoms weak that I had previously.

Relly wish to let go this car since I have 2nd car now, but the only thing stopping me is the amount of money loss if I selling my 2 years old 3008.