Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Shell Fuelsave Day

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Hi Guys,
On 15 October 2011, Shell will be hosting Shell FuelSave Day which is aimed to educating the public on fuel efficiency through a series of experiential initiatives supported by the Shell FuelSave Ambassador (En Fahrin Ahmad for Malaysia) and the Shell FuelSave Teams.

During this event, Shell will be conducting the ‘Largest Fuel Efficiency ' training session where participants will be educated on ways to reduce fuel consumption. This Training session is also a part of Shell initiative of creating a Guinness World Record for conducting the largest fuel efficiency training simultaneously in 11 markets - namely Denmark, The Netherlands, Singapore, Hong Kong, The Philippines, United Kingdom, Thailand, Norway, Germany and Turkey.

Not sure whether it is opened to the Public as I have not got the full details, but heard there will be invitations to Car clubs to participate in this. Those belonging to Car clubs, please take note and can discuss on this here. Once I get more information will post it here. Maybe even collaborate with them on the invitations too....... smile_thumbup.gif

lionelstep

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 9 2011, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,
On 15 October 2011, Shell will be hosting Shell FuelSave Day which is aimed to educating the public on fuel efficiency through a series of experiential initiatives supported by the Shell FuelSave Ambassador (En Fahrin Ahmad for Malaysia) and the Shell FuelSave Teams.

During this event, Shell will be conducting the ‘Largest Fuel Efficiency ' training session where participants will be educated on ways to reduce fuel consumption. This Training session is also a part of Shell initiative of creating a Guinness World Record for conducting the largest fuel efficiency training simultaneously in 11 markets - namely Denmark, The Netherlands, Singapore, Hong Kong, The Philippines, United Kingdom, Thailand, Norway, Germany and Turkey.

Not sure whether it is opened to the Public as I have not got the full details, but heard there will be invitations to Car clubs to participate in this. Those belonging to Car clubs, please take note and can discuss on this here. Once I get more information will post it here. Maybe even collaborate with them on the invitations too....... smile_thumbup.gif

Thanks, I like this activity, please keep us posted..... smile.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (lionelstep @ Aug 9 2011, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, I like this activity, please keep us posted..... smile.gif

Okay, look out for more info here. By the way, are you associated with any car clubs?

cashloke

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

cashloke

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 966 posts
Don't drive then save petrol lo

lionelstep

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 9 2011, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, look out for more info here. By the way, are you associated with any car clubs?

Clubs ? Oh dear...I don't think I am....except Naza Rondo a.k.a Kia Carens online forum....
is it counted ?

Nokia6280

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 9 2011, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aiya! how to accomodate so many ppl but some of our autoworld friend can provide us informative information after going so we also learn few trick.

vr2turbo

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cashloke @ Aug 9 2011, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't drive then save petrol lo

That is not a solution..... smile_blackeye.gif

QUOTE (lionelstep @ Aug 10 2011, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clubs ? Oh dear...I don't think I am....except Naza Rondo a.k.a Kia Carens online forum....
is it counted ?

Let us wait for more info then..... smile_tongue.gif

TheGunner

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (Nokia6280 @ Aug 10 2011, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aiya! how to accomodate so many ppl but some of our autoworld friend can provide us informative information after going so we also learn few trick.

Don't worry about there being not enough seats. Shell wants a big turnout, so if you're interested, do register your interest with us.

In fact, they would like feedback from you, the public, on any activities that you feel will make the event more interesting to encourage more participation.

There will be invites directed to car clubs, but non-car club individuals who make their interest known to us are most definitely welcomed to join. smile_wink.gif
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

lionelstep

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Aug 10 2011, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry about there being not enough seats. Shell wants a big turnout, so if you're interested, do register your interest with us.

In fact, they would like feedback from you, the public, on any activities that you feel will make the event more interesting to encourage more participation.

There will be invites directed to car clubs, but non-car club individuals who make their interest known to us are most definitely welcomed to join. smile_wink.gif

Thanks, please keep us posted on this thread ~~ I am a typical HYPERMILLER, and I could break record of what a car could achieve in FC as designed by the manufacturer. smile.gif

oldaudi

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

oldaudi

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
fuel efficiency training?
Accelerate 0-60km/h in 30sec, off aircond when outside temp no higher than 30'c, what else? smile_tongue.gif