Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Minimal Market Interest On Chevy's New Models

• Please log in to reply

alphawolf

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
hey all,

Just want to share with you all something. As some of you may know, one of my cars is an old Chevy. Thinking of replacing it with the new Chevy Sonic, which I find beautiful smile.gif

Anyway, went to the showroom on a Saturday and I was shocked that the whole Chevy showroom has no potential customers inside or outside it. I was the only one viewing the cars. Was there for one hour and I was still the only joker around. The surrounding Ford, Peugeot and Hyundai showrooms all had people going in and out.

It's saddening to see that there's minimal public interests in the new Chevys. Naza had themselves to be blamed for it. smile_blackeye.gif

astrosurge

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

astrosurge

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
hmm, i for one not a trend follower like many others who go for 'mainstream' brands and go Japanese. I booked mine last week and due to get them this week or next week.

Just ignore what the naysayers say, I am going for this (although) it is just a mere 1.4 all because of it's safety features. Sonic is still overshadowed by the failure of Aveo, which is not a proud thing to say but hey, Sonic is Sonic and there's alot of improvement in this one hence im giving it a try.

Plus it has won alot of awards in Europe and US and the safety points surpassed some of those higher segment Japanese cars like Mazda.

br1

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (astrosurge @ Jan 21 2013, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm, i for one not a trend follower like many others who go for 'mainstream' brands and go Japanese. I booked mine last week and due to get them this week or next week.

Just ignore what the naysayers say, I am going for this (although) it is just a mere 1.4 all because of it's safety features. Sonic is still overshadowed by the failure of Aveo, which is not a proud thing to say but hey, Sonic is Sonic and there's alot of improvement in this one hence im giving it a try.

Plus it has won alot of awards in Europe and US and the safety points surpassed some of those higher segment Japanese cars like Mazda.

Car / Chevy are good cars but problems are????? You tell and feedback to us all, when you own it - say 1 yr - 2 yrs later - Then you will know what it meant to own a Chevy from Naza. Happy Motoring and All the Best - You will enjoy the car for sure!

alphawolf

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (astrosurge @ Jan 21 2013, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too, I hate to go mainstream.: i also don't give two hoots about what people said or think, as it's my money and i do what i like with it.

My worry is about the service, as always. Since there's so little interests, spare parts supplies will be low etc etc. And of course the depreciation will be bad, but it's a secondary worry. It will make the Sonic a fantastic second hand buy smile_tongue.gif

I really don't know why people had such low view of the Aveo...it's a very decent car. There's still a lot of them running around in good condition. The only place where the Aveo seems to be bashed badly is in the USA. But common Americans are dumb bunch of people so I usually ignore their opinions. When they did not service their cars and it broke down, they usually blamed the car and not the owners.. Even in the UK the Aveo had decent image, that's why the Sonic is known as the Aveo over there. The one that got the boots in the UK is the Daewoo Spark smile_blackeye.gif

Come to think of it.....I think you meant the Aveo SEDAN right? the one made between 2006 - 2009? now that model IS a failure. It's rarer than a honest politician..it's so rare and forgettable that I forgotten that it existed earlier biggrin.gif

The few problems that the Aveo had is the timing belt, which has to be changed every 50,000 kms, and the air-con compressor. Besides that, normal what...

but good on you bro, thinking of booking my own Sonic hatch too...

alphawolf

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Jan 21 2013, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Car / Chevy are good cars but problems are????? You tell and feedback to us all, when you own it - say 1 yr - 2 yrs later - Then you will know what it meant to own a Chevy from Naza. Happy Motoring and All the Best - You will enjoy the car for sure!

you still got spare problems with your Captivas? smile_blackeye.gif

astrosurge

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

astrosurge

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Jan 21 2013, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

chill man, dont have to be bitter about your past experiences of chevy and implant them in the minds of others. let me drive them first for a couple of years and lets see if i echoed your opinion as well. hell yes i am enjoying my test drive that day and hell im gonna have a good time with her.

the main issue as we all understood is Naza. Their marketing is poor and their service centres are poorly coordinated - we all know that. lets not let few apples spoil the rest i believe this is pretty normal if you are a consumer. things f* up is usually down to 2 things:

1. you are extremely 'swey' and get a poorly QC'ed car OR
2. you did not properly maintain them

just my 2cents

astrosurge

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

astrosurge

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Jan 22 2013, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too, I hate to go mainstream.: i also don't give two hoots about what people said or think, as it's my money and i do what i like with it.

My worry is about the service, as always. Since there's so little interests, spare parts supplies will be low etc etc. And of course the depreciation will be bad, but it's a secondary worry. It will make the Sonic a fantastic second hand buy smile_tongue.gif

I really don't know why people had such low view of the Aveo...it's a very decent car. There's still a lot of them running around in good condition. The only place where the Aveo seems to be bashed badly is in the USA. But common Americans are dumb bunch of people so I usually ignore their opinions. When they did not service their cars and it broke down, they usually blamed the car and not the owners.. Even in the UK the Aveo had decent image, that's why the Sonic is known as the Aveo over there. The one that got the boots in the UK is the Daewoo Spark smile_blackeye.gif

Come to think of it.....I think you meant the Aveo SEDAN right? the one made between 2006 - 2009? now that model IS a failure. It's rarer than a honest politician..it's so rare and forgettable that I forgotten that it existed earlier biggrin.gif

The few problems that the Aveo had is the timing belt, which has to be changed every 50,000 kms, and the air-con compressor. Besides that, normal what...

but good on you bro, thinking of booking my own Sonic hatch too...

agree with you bro, and on depreciation part, i cant deny that but from what i heard from the dealers, Naza will do their best this year to 'shape up' in the way they run things. hopefully they do walk the talk and also touch wood, i hope i get a good car with no QC issues, and perhaps with my discipline of appreciating things, the car can last long if i maintain them in a timely fashion.

many naysayers was criticising why 1.8 turbo was not brought in. I just find it funny what do they expect from a subcompact?...to race?? if to race get something else la. for me im not a racer as im a career and family person, so my car is just for me to get from point A to point B, some jalan-jalan with family n gf, thats about it.

What enticed me to get Sonic is because of the safety which has improved alot after Chevy learnt their lesson on Aveo's failure. check these for evidence (for naysayers):

http://www.autoblog....fety-pick-w-vi/
http://www.autoblog....-earns-5-stars/
http://usnews.rankin...nt_Crash_Tests/
http://www.iihs.org/...ng.aspx?id=1559
http://www.iihs.org/...byclass.aspx?40
http://www.safercar....5...SONIC&year=

Some cool reviews & crashtest:

The exo cage is just doing a good job..with 10 airbags, it cant go wrong. In short, im getting this is because of safety.

alphawolf

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (astrosurge @ Jan 25 2013, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agree with you bro, and on depreciation part, i cant deny that but from what i heard from the dealers, Naza will do their best this year to 'shape up' in the way they run things. hopefully they do walk the talk and also touch wood, i hope i get a good car with no QC issues, and perhaps with my discipline of appreciating things, the car can last long if i maintain them in a timely fashion.

many naysayers was criticising why 1.8 turbo was not brought in. I just find it funny what do they expect from a subcompact?...to race?? if to race get something else la. for me im not a racer as im a career and family person, so my car is just for me to get from point A to point B, some jalan-jalan with family n gf, thats about it.

What enticed me to get Sonic is because of the safety which has improved alot after Chevy learnt their lesson on Aveo's failure. check these for evidence (for naysayers):

http://www.autoblog....fety-pick-w-vi/
http://www.autoblog....-earns-5-stars/
http://usnews.rankin...nt_Crash_Tests/
http://www.iihs.org/...ng.aspx?id=1559
http://www.iihs.org/...byclass.aspx?40
http://www.safercar....5...SONIC&year=

Some cool reviews & crashtest:

The exo cage is just doing a good job..with 10 airbags, it cant go wrong. In short, im getting this is because of safety.

typically malaysian, they wanted a racy car to be bought in, but once it's in, the same people who demanded it in the first place can't afford it. Usually these are the people who drove around in those pathetic modified Myvis or Sagas, thinking they rule the road due to their souped up cheap cars. Usually these guys has the worst road etiquettes too, due to their insecurities. I am a career guy too so all my cars are bog-standard, with zero modifications.

I will properly test drive the sonic this weekend in sri hartamas. If they can give me a good trade-in for my Aveo, then I will seriously consider buying the sonic. If not, well, my Aveo is still good smile_thumbup.gif whereas my Pug will give me the excitement i need smile_approve.gif

br1

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Jan 25 2013, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
typically malaysian, they wanted a racy car to be bought in, but once it's in, the same people who demanded it in the first place can't afford it. Usually these are the people who drove around in those pathetic modified Myvis or Sagas, thinking they rule the road due to their souped up cheap cars. Usually these guys has the worst road etiquettes too, due to their insecurities. I am a career guy too so all my cars are bog-standard, with zero modifications.

I will properly test drive the sonic this weekend in sri hartamas. If they can give me a good trade-in for my Aveo, then I will seriously consider buying the sonic. If not, well, my Aveo is still good smile_thumbup.gif whereas my Pug will give me the excitement i need smile_approve.gif

smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Jan 22 2013, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you still got spare problems with your Captivas? smile_blackeye.gif

better from an authorised SC, who skip and break some rules and bring in their own parts to keep clients happy and their cars running but some major parts that still need from and depend from Naza suck! smile_disapprove.gif