Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Recond Car 1 Month Warranty

• Please log in to reply

ring

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:31 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (shy78 @ Jul 30 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would think that reputable dealer is also like the above food stall. They want a good long term business. If they sell problematic cars, their business couldn't have sustained. Their profit margin is big, isn't it? So, why not make sure the business ethic is good?

If used car dealers are ethical why don't they give longer warranty say 12 months & provide car owner manual since they are closed to the source? Something is not quite jive bcos recon car like yours are treated as new car by banks, dealer sells as if it is a new car (referring to its price). BUT if it has been sold with 1 month warranty (No detail documents to show what is warranted) plus you don't even know the background of this car & some cases don't even have an owner's manual to refer even you buy from a reputable dealer, it does not will give one a good feel.

Fortunately, I have no passion for recon make coz the design is 'dated'.
Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

shy78

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Jul 30 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If used car dealers are ethical why don't they give longer warranty say 12 months & provide car owner manual since they are closed to the source? Something is not quite jive bcos recon car like yours are treated as new car by banks, dealer sells as if it is a new car (referring to its price). BUT if it has been sold with 1 month warranty (No detail documents to show what is warranted) plus you don't even know the background of this car & some cases don't even have an owner's manual to refer even you buy from a reputable dealer, it does not will give one a good feel.

Fortunately, I have no passion for recon make coz the design is 'dated'.

Many will swear that durians are smelly as hell. But many will still enjoy durians. And people who enjoys durian do not say that durians are smelly. But they acknowledge others who says durians are smelly. And people who enjoys durians don't make much noise out of it.

Fortunately, I like durians.

I don't know the answers to your question, Ring. That commercial issues can only be answered by the dealers themselves. We as consumers can avoid the issues by not buying recond car, or like me, I live with it.

Some dealer gives 12 months warranty. But we've got to pay higher price. I think it's fair. If you don't think so, does not matter because you don't have appetite for recond cars.

Warranty - I think it is enough if it is just stated '1 month warranty'. It is good for the consumer. Legally, if the matter is brought to court, or the consumer tribunal, the court will say to the dealer 'you the dealer should have known the law better by stating what is covered and what is not covered under the warranty. It is for your own good and a good business practise. If you do not state, the court will have to decide that everything about the car is covered by your warranty within the defined period' or some sort like that.

In my case, the warranty was written.

ejenmulder

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

ejenmulder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Bro Ring,

one man meat is another man poison.

i personally think that there is always pro and cons for whatever car we buy, be it used, recond or even new. otherwise, you can't see so many estimas, alphards, wish on the road (not too mentioned other locally assembled models, be it new or used). about the pricing, can't do much as we live in bolehland. I am also interested to know list of midi-mpv that fit my requirements at the price say RM70-80k (if even less, the better).

i did my survey/study from internet, went to numerous dealers and test drove some MPVs for some time. it's not a quick decision. after considering pro and cons coupled with my affordability, I finally decided on my current ride. that's pretty much how i ended up with my ride - present and past rides. If i concentrate much on the cons, guess I would end up with no car.

about the warranty thing, it is a standard by recond car dealer to just give 1 month warranty. Even big company such Naza World also gives 1 month warranty. It is not those dealers are fishy or what, it's just that they would rather concentrate more on sales parts as they are not tied to the car companies e.g. toyota, honda etc. this is different for companies who want to be a sold distributor of certain brands e.g. UMW or Tan Chong Motor whereby they are asked by the car companies to provide 3S services.

so far, me, wife and kids enjoy our new ride very much. we plan to go holiday this weekend + trying to maximize warranty claim (if any). I will tell you more if our family suffer with this ride. cheers

"I can't read your mind, use your signal!"

alantieng

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

alantieng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
Don't trust their 1 month warranty....just try your best to get discount, open your own price with a reasoable 1, don't care about the price they give... and let them know your budget!!! RM5k-RM15K discount anytime depends on the car range...their warranty useless, anything happenthey won't bare the responsiblity!!!!! Never never expect they will replace anything for you....just get best discount and send your car for fully check up and service....
My War Machine : Mercedes Benz SLK280 3.0 V6 R171

pupjoint

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

pupjoint

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
i thought Naza gives 1 year warranty? i cant be telling others how to spend their money, but personally, 1 month warranty on a vehicle that costs that much is simply ridiculous. having said that, i guess we all know why a 4-5 years old Japo with modified mileage still costs that much.