Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rpm Sudden Drop During Accelerate

• Please log in to reply

hrsxbox

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

hrsxbox

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
I'm having Waja 1.6A 2005

Lately when i accelerate, and during gear shift, the rpm will suddenly drop, and i feel like no fuel is being pumped in, but when i release and press the accelerator gently, the car will move but slow. Again when I try to accelerate the rpm will drop and my car started to jerk but it moves. If i would put on free gear and accelerate my rpm 7000 it will automatically drop to rpm2000 and no metter how i accelerate it will still drop.

If i would completely shut down and restart my engine, everything will turn back to normal but after about 20KM drive the problem come back again...

I have changed my throttle body but still same problem.. I try a new mechanic and he says its my Crank Sensor!!! I have yet to do anything as for now... I would appreciate all inputs out there...

My guess is the fuel pump problem. I have changed the fuel pump 2 years back.

SERIOUSLY NEED HELP..... I HAVE SPENT A LOT OF $$$ ON MY WAJA FOR REPAIR BUT STILL CANT SOLVE THE PROBLEM

bigfatant

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

bigfatant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Could also be the gear box computer.had a similar thing as well a couple of years back. Went to the shop in Kuchai lama to fix it at the end

Gunnerzz

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (hrsxbox @ Jun 22 2013, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm having Waja 1.6A 2005

Lately when i accelerate, and during gear shift, the rpm will suddenly drop, and i feel like no fuel is being pumped in, but when i release and press the accelerator gently, the car will move but slow. Again when I try to accelerate the rpm will drop and my car started to jerk but it moves. If i would put on free gear and accelerate my rpm 7000 it will automatically drop to rpm2000 and no metter how i accelerate it will still drop.

If i would completely shut down and restart my engine, everything will turn back to normal but after about 20KM drive the problem come back again...

I have changed my throttle body but still same problem.. I try a new mechanic and he says its my Crank Sensor!!! I have yet to do anything as for now... I would appreciate all inputs out there...

My guess is the fuel pump problem. I have changed the fuel pump 2 years back.

SERIOUSLY NEED HELP..... I HAVE SPENT A LOT OF $$$ ON MY WAJA FOR REPAIR BUT STILL CANT SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Looks like a fuek pump or crank sensor problem to me,
U might have change the pump 2 yrs ago but if u do it outside then there is no way of knowing if the shop use ori part or replacement part rite?

Anyway,i suggest u go find a reputable mech or send it back to proton instead of guessing.
With the right people, u can solve the problem and save money.
If u are in melaka i csn point u to a workshop.

mych

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

mych

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,789 posts
suspect the pump..
Mych